Sony vegas problem

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm just completely editing this post to make it more clear, here goes.

Okay, I'm used to adobe premier, and in adobe premier when you want to edit something, say you have a 10 second clip, and you want to speed it up to 200%, or twice as fast as it would normally go, so the video will be 5 seconds long instead, but at twice the speed. Well that was easy, you'd just right click it, and go to the speed tab and increase the speed, and premiere would decrease the time accordingly for you.

In sony vegas, it's more complicated than that, the time doesn't decrease, and instead starts over from the beginning of the clip where it was first split. This makes it super annoying when you're trying to have the clip gradually increase in speed to where you want, then gradually decrease in speed back to 100%.

Essentially it loops, and the time stays the same, anyway to make it so it doesn't loop and when you speed things up, it decreases the time accordingly?

If anyone knows a way to fix this, or a more simple way to increase and decrease speed please let me know D: this has me stumped :(

Last edited:
ESF Audio Producer
★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
As an Audio Pro and Video Editor, I would say hell with Vagas cause it really sucks. Do any editing you can in adobe then export it over. Best you can really do. I have had the same probs before, I just got rid of Vagas, lol.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
As an Audio Pro and Video Editor, I would say hell with Vagas cause it really sucks. Do any editing you can in adobe then export it over. Best you can really do. I have had the same probs before, I just got rid of Vagas, lol.
Any, rendering with adobe premier = extremely low quality video. And I hate nothing more than low quality videos. Not even std infected hookers. Even if they did ruin my life.

I will admit, I like adobe premier for it's editing. It's simple, easy, and everything always works the way you want it to the first time. However, rendering it is just terribad. And any other rendering program I use is also just as bad. Vegas has a superb rendering capability. All my videos are so sharp and high quality that i can read the text in them. Which I love.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ask Lionheart or Kain, they are Vegas pros. ;o

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yes it did thank you :)

Though now I'm having troubles getting WMP11 to properly play videos =/

Nero and WMPclassic play the videos just fine, but WMP11 the r,g,b is distorted =/

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Seems like you need to look at your exporting settings.
Why would I need to do that when every other media player plays it perfectly fine?

And I'm talking about Window's Media Player. You know, Microsoft's Media Player? Has different versions, 11 is the most recent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom