Sony NGP (PSP2) revealed!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Release trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR1WZ_zaTgY&feature=player_embedded

I have no idea what the **** just happened in that trailer, but I'm kind of excited about the new PSP. According to this Kotaku article, this new handheld might have the power to run games that are as powerful as PS3 games. You'll also apparently be able to play PS1 games from this program called "Playstation Suite" (which is most likely a marketplace, for.. Playstation ****), and will be backwards compatible with PSP games.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Very interesting.

I just checked the information, and it seems to contain:

In addition to the 5-inch OLED screen and the quad-core processor, it’s packing a 3G connection, GPS, WiFi, the same motion-tech that’s found in PlayStation Move and both front-facing and regular cameras. Nice!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's a got a quad-core GPU for ****s sake lol.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quad-core alone sadly doesn't say anything about performance. While 4 cores sound very interesting, if they all run like crap, it will still be a crappy quad-core. That said, I don't think Sony will let that happen. And while PS3-like games may very well be possible, that doesn't mean the NGP is as powerful as the PS3, the NGP also has a far lower resolution that 1080p.

That said, it's an impressive device. I fear for a steep price though, that, and I wonder how confusing the controls may possibly get. D-Pad, 4 buttons, 2 analog sticks, a front facing touch screen, and a back facing touch pad. And I am still wondering what the added advantage of that back facing touch pad is. More isn't always better, you know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And I am still wondering what the added advantage of that back facing touch pad is.
I'd be more pleased if you could fry eggs and bacon on it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that would be an excellent feature. You there, Avenger, go join the Sony team!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'd imagine it'll be expensive as hell, but they went balls to the wall with the PS3 at first, so I applaud them for packing features in.

However, paying that kind of cash for a PS3 is easier to swallow because it is stationary. If this handheld costs a lot, which constantly faces threats of drops, scratches, getting lost/stolen, and liquid damage, that may really deter even the most "core" gamers out there.

I am extremely surprised it can handle PS3-like graphics, was not expecting that any time soon in handheld devices. Armored Core ForAnswer on a mobile device? **** yeah.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's still something I find no interest in squinting my eyes at.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... Maybe this one will allow me to play my old PS2 games on it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It should have ample power to do that. Then again, so does the PS3 and they won't allow us to play PS2 games with it either.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can play ps2 games just fine on my ps3.

then again, i got mine at launch, so it has a hardware emulator.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I kiff!!!I have a PSP fat, and the idea to have a phone with a psp integrated, it's so good, not for battery life!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The NGP is not a phone with an integrated PSP. The Sony Xperia Play is something similar to what you are suggesting. The NGP is a fully fledged [multimedia] gaming device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom