Sony Mylo

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its name is "mylo," which is short for "my life online," and it looks like it could be the PSP's little brother. It has the basic and familiar PSP shape, a directional pad and a 2.4-inch screen, but if you look closely at the unit itself and its specs, you'll see that this is a completely different animal.

Sony says mylo is a handheld communication and media system. See something missing? That's right, "gaming" is not included in that list. mylo doesn't have a UMD drive and it's not designed for gaming. Instead, it has a slide-out keyboard for instant messaging and emailing, and supports voice messaging programs such as Skype and Google Talk...

...There are a few features that the mylo has in common with the PSP beyond its look. Like the PSP, it can play back movies from a Memory Stick Duo. It also has web browsing capabilities and Wi-Fi support. This feature-filled handheld device is scheduled to come out in September and will cost about $350.
Source: http://psp.gamespy.com/articles/724/724134p1.html

Discuss!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mylo probrobly wont do good, considering the iPod, and the Sidekicks and cell phones are already bashing the market with music and video features.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, a $350 PSP that lacks the ability to play games. Awesome deal!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Game companies need to stop making pointless hardware because they are extremely greedy, we are already buying your hardware.

Best answers
$350 from consumers this time eh ? with no ability to play games.....how interesting. Somehow i dont think they thought their cunning plan all the way through.

Best answers
Sony seem to be all about smart decisions nowadays, huh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't the PSP do everything mentioned...and more?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sony seems to be about greedieness, and when not knowing to give up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Doesn't the PSP do everything mentioned...and more?
Yea, and for a hundred and fifty dollars less

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me debates using moderator powers over this section to change thread's title to "Wii fans, something to diss on, come quick"....but quickly decides it isn't worth the trouble.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
/me debates using moderator powers over this section to change thread's title to "Wii fans, something to diss on, come quick"....but quickly decides it isn't worth the trouble.
Well just for future reference, I have a PSP that I use quite often. As such, that gives me the right to knock on any products by the same company that cost more but do less =p.

KyoKusanagi

K
It actually seems pretty cool - and could be a winner if they cram some PDA elements in there.

Best answers
im glad we have such an unbiased moderater who treats every game fairly , /sarcasim

ontopic: i dont know much about the psp, i do know it's pretty powerfull for a GAMING device, they're basically taking the best quality from the psp, jacking up the price and adding internet i guess...look like a knock off of the sidekick. =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dirty said:
im glad we have such an unbiased moderater who treats every game fairly , /sarcasim

ontopic: i dont know much about the psp, i do know it's pretty powerfull for a GAMING device, they're basically taking the best quality from the psp, jacking up the price and adding internet i guess...look like a knock off of the sidekick. =/
I hope you're not referring to me, my friend. The PSP can already access the internet... and watch movies, listen to music, and play games and loads of homebrew. If you feel that $150 more is worth an included instant messenger and actual keyboard, then that's fine for you!

Best answers
Smith| said:
I hope you're not referring to me, my friend. The PSP can already access the internet... and watch movies, listen to music, and play games and loads of homebrew. If you feel that $150 more is worth an included instant messenger and actual keyboard, then that's fine for you!
He wasnt refering to you, he was refering to the well known one. The one who called this flaimbait for Wii Fans. :rolleyes:

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmm, that's quite enough of the off-topic discussion about the potential Nintendo fan magnet, here. The thread doesn't need to be condemned as something it hasn't become.

...especially considering the fact that no blindly loyal Nintendo fans have posted here, or made reference to the company at all. Let's not provoke a console war we can clearly avoid. That goes double for members of my staff.

The first post to deviate from the above mandate will result in a closure; no exceptions. I'm sick and tired of seeing obvious attempts to get other users riled up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to say something to those of you bashing this because it doesn't have games, but that would be flaming. This is quite obviously being marketted to people who, rather than needing constant stimulation from GTA, need constant stimulation from texting people, hence the keyboard; a PDA for the younger crowd, if you will.
the article said:
Sony says mylo is a handheld communication and media system.
Go figure.

That being said, you won't catch me buying any crap like this, especially for that price.

Best answers
How do you connect to the internet with this thing? do you need to buy service for it, or does it hook up to your wi-fi setup?

Best answers
mf29 said:
Game companies need to stop making pointless hardware because they are extremely greedy, we are already buying your hardware.
now correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't sony a general electronics company? i seem to remmeber them making stereos, tv's, computers etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom