Sonic Read This(Suggestions)

Best answers
Ok you wanted me to stay calm and say my opinion so i will.

1. This game isnt gonna last very long at all because of how easy it is to master the melee system. The game is seperated into 2 things Melee and Beams soon as the game was released beams were uselss and now melee is getting more useless by the minute. You might ask how am i getting this and it is coming from the fact that the arrows are so slow that pretty much anyone can master it within a day. Who will want to play this game when the only damage done is by pre punches or throwing since everyone is a pro at dodging.

2. The teleport is absolutely rediculous and contributes nothing to the game except the aspect of running and being able to make beams even more useless.(yes it is possible, i didnt think it was either)

3. The tranformations are cool for about the first 5 times you see them. The first time you transform it should be long and drawn out but after that it should be quick transformations(This happend once with goku then i never saw it happen again????) Notice in DBZ after they turn SSJ for the first few times they are able to turn SSJ within a second or two and it isnt a long drawn out transformation. This would solve people complaining about trans killing and make the game more realistic to DBZ.

4. Like i mentioned before the beams are completely useless and you are lucky to even shoot someone in the back when they dont even see it coming. If they see it coming you pretty much have no chance at all to hit someone. I mentioned in another thread that the beams size should be enlarged greatly and the speed should also be tuned up so they cant outrun the beams. Most of the beams are so slow you cant hit anything at all.

5. The whole swooping system is a neat idea but the base speed(when not swooping) is so slow that you cant do a thing without swooping. I know people here get pissed if you mention BFP but they had a much better way of doing it with the whole use ki thing. I dont get the point of even having a turbo mode on this game. It raises your power lvl which hardly does anything for you. You cant use the power in a melee fight. It helps you with PS's and that is it. Instead of this swooping system the turbo mode should crank your speed up to the swooping speed so the double tapping **** that pisses alotta people off will be eliminated.

6. Melee..... I mentioned before about it becoming useless but this has nothing to do with that this is just some added effects to make the game more like DBZ. Notice in DBZ when they have melee fights they teleport around and keep going at it for a while. They dont charge into each other throw 6 punches then get knocked away from each other.(the only time they ever use this effect is to emphasize that the 2 people are evenly matched) so throw the whole getting knocked back thing out and the melee shouldnt end until one player punches the other hard enough to end it. When they get into a melee battle in DBZ it envolves lightning and radical wind all around them(All i have seen in this when someone is in a melee fight there is a white orb that i guess is sapose to be energy). There should be wind n lightning like in DBZ. At higher power levels it should be like in movie 6 when goku fights metal cooler(what i mean is how they teleport around because they are so fast and powerful and you hear the boom boom of their punches.

7. Not to piss anyone off but it seems they put more effort into the maps and models then the actual game play. Most of the ideas for the fighting are half baked and if you actually sit down and think about them you just think why would they do this?? I wish the makers would of actually played other MODs like BFP to see how cheap people will be if you give them something like the teleport they have and also what worked well and what didnt work at all.

8. I played 1.1 and the beams were the same, It was made completely obvious that the beams were useless so why have the same beams in this(ohhh wait i forgot they changed the explosion not like anyone will see it since no one uses beams)???????? Like i said they worry too much about little details like the maps n models more then the actual game play. Graphics arent everything in a game, you people on the team need to learn that. Look at NES for example like Mario Bros. 3, tons of people still consider that game to be one of the best games of all time and why is this? cuz it has good graphics??? no because of its good gameplay. You people really need someone on the team with an imagination and someone who knows DBZ well(i dont really know any of you but judging from how you did this game none of you know that much about DBZ or have much of an imagination). A few things that came in this update like beam riding came from people on the forums and not even the team. The team has no imagination at all for making this game good and they get ideas from the forum members and they just do the work to put them in the game. I dont read the forums all that much but the only thing ive seen come from the team on this current release is the melee which alotta people are complaining about and find to be a very ****ty way to do the melee.

To conclude this i guess im upset that i expected more from this and you guys badly let alotta people down with this melee system and beams still being useless.

Ban me or close my thread whatever but i stayed calm in this thread like sonic requested so you should hear me out and respond to my suggestions and not flame me.

Best answers
If you dont like playing 1.2 then dont play it , simple as that , but somwhere else on another thread some one said there making it have more combo's ectect

Best answers
If you don't like it, don't play it. I'm happy with it, except the powerstruggles are there too little... but hell yeah nothing is perfect.

Then you say a game isn't based on the graphics but before that you start whining about wind and lighting you want to see with a battle (in the HL ENGINE?!?!)...

Best answers
well no one uses beas anymore.. thats sad, actually i like the old explosions more than these new ones... u cant see the blast radius on the new ones so its hard to predict how "good" ur beams are and how far u can detonate while hurting the enemy.

well Lightning IS possible in the HL Engine... when u trans with Goku theres lightning...

Yes it is very easy to dodge the punches and kicks, maybe make more of the randoms instead of just showing like 90% of the punches/kicks direction.

Well the maps got some errors, theres some cliffs that u can fly through. but i like the new textures.

I dont really think u can say they did a bad job... its the best mod to HL out on the net so i think they have done more than enough to this mod that anyways will be forgotten when HL2 comes out.

well about the teleport, well i hate em.. cus those people who has mastered the use of teleport is really UBER powerfull... but ofcourse everyone can master that so i guess its just me who hate em becaouse i suck at using it :D

hmm havent u heard about Perfect Trans?!?!?!?

the melee system needs to be "more" "advanced". it needs alot of special combos- like its a Tekken fight u're in.

yes i think it should be changed that everytime u have given the enemy like 20 punches u get thrown away from him... thats a useless thing :) to get out of a fight should be a combo that u use... like make the red attack at him... but if the 2 ppls only use green and blue attacks they should stand at the same place and just hit hit hit hit hit etc. until the other player is dead :)

I think there should be a diffrent about u're using Kicks or Punches.. like when u use punches it just give alot of damage but when u kick the enemy loses alot of KI and small amounts of health.. that way when someone "escape" from the fight he will need to recharge so u can instantly attack him again :D

-AFK-

Best answers
u said not to flame you but what have the team members done to you that made u say they know nothing about dbz and they didnt do anything and have no imagination,
for any comparison u should check all the other mods out there in the top 10 mods and see if any mod comes to the level of dbz in every aspect.
team members have put A LOT INTO THE NEW MELEE SYSTEM, and this fact alone makes me respect them a lot. now this is only the first release and they are accepting any ideas for changes in the future to make everything more usefull, if u read the dev journals u already know that a patch is on its way, melee is great, I think that it has to go a lot of changes too myself, but from that opinion to saying "u have no imagination at all" theres a far way. they've put efforts into this game, did u put efforts ?
NO, u didnt, I didnt either, but as a fan and a player the team would appreciate a form of thanks with suggestions how to make it better instead of crying about the uselesness of everything, it doesnt help to tell them they have no imagination.
also like Virax said, u whine about lack of gameplay but u suggest to add lots of outside melee effects like winds and lightnings and teleports in the middle of melee.
for ur information the game is based on dbz, but the game isnt DBZ, or else they wouldeve just made 90% talking and then 2 minutes of some punching like in the real dbz series, this game takes the good things about dbz and lets u play them, and I think that with all the changes it should undergo, its now the best mod in HL.
PERIOD.

Best answers
I totally agree with dixing. But lets get as punctual as he did:
1.You say the game isnt gonna last very long, what are you dumb or something because this game is already being played since something like middle 2001 (NOT sure about that exactly), i atleast already play it since 2002 so the game isnt going to die, everytime again with a new release the fan amounts are higher so it doesnt make sense to say itll die soon. So 1 falls off.
2.I do agree that teleport is sometimes annoying, but first of all it is a great way of moving out of the way, but it should use more ki or something.In my opinion it does belong in the game, but it might be a bit more balanced.
3. Perfect transformations is all i have to say. and about trans killing, look up a better hiding place that is the idea!!! Their ability to get to strong by transforming can so be avoided sometimes which is good if everyone in the server agrees.
4. Beams are useless if used alone. I already said in another post that it might be a good idea to make some beams shoot instantly. Anyways if you use beams together with melee it is very usefull, you throw someone into a wall and shoot a beam at them, ok kamehameha and stuff like that is quite useless at such a moment but can still be used. So it is a good addition to melee and thus to the game.
5. Oke Base system is slow, you are right, but if you would make turbo as fast as swooping you wont have turbo to just cruise around the level. And if you would make swooping faster to make base speeds faster it will totally not work because it would be tooo fast.
6. It is just the way melee is done to make the battles fun, atleast the beta team thought it would be, and makes the battles balanced. And for dbz comparison, then you as a newb would have no chance when you come into a server with people a little stronger because those would all kick your ass with bond hands tight on their backs. And the effects are useless because then low end computers wouldnt be able to play this game and we dont want that. And next to that, it is only a beta so maybe in the future.
7. Graphics is important in making a game fun in my opinion. And nice maps and models which you see all the time is also important. And next to that, the modellers and mappers wont be able to do anything else cuz they cant code, let them make nice models if they want. If they make simple ugly models and are done in 25% of the time for the rest then why shouldnt they do more....
8. Gameplay is the best in all dbz mods i ever played and i played alot of them especially BFP sucked ass becuase it was boring and sometimes way to fast.
9. YOu said something for skill and that this was to easy, the biggest internet game is Counter Strike, i can master in 5 minutes. Install game, make configurations, press 2 while playing press mouse button and hit. done. Ok you need skill to take on some good players but in esf that is no difference. The game play and skill needed to play the basics of esf are way harder then most other games although still easy enough for everyone to understand it.
10. No imagination in the ESF team. They created the advanced melee, have you get ANY ****ing clue about how much that took of imagination for them. I can only imagine. And i think it is a good thing of the esf team to implement suggestions from fans because they make the game for their fans!!!And i havent seen you make any suggestions well did you...???

Please make apologies to the team cuz they worked hard also for you they did alot and did everything they could. They please us by releasign a great looking and great playable mod. And if you don t like it you can say it but not in this way. It is to harsh for people who do this work voluntarily.

I am sorry if this sometimes came on as flaming but i just got pretty worked up because of this littel **** for making these sorts of ungrounded and contradicting statements about a game of which the team did a great job and which i admire greatly.

Msg,
LaMM.

Best answers
{Ki}ZeXeTa said:
Ok you wanted me to stay calm and say my opinion so i will.

6. Melee..... I mentioned before about it becoming useless but this has nothing to do with that this is just some added effects to make the game more like DBZ. Notice in DBZ when they have melee fights they teleport around and keep going at it for a while. They dont charge into each other throw 6 punches then get knocked away from each other.(the only time they ever use this effect is to emphasize that the 2 people are evenly matched) so throw the whole getting knocked back thing out and the melee shouldnt end until one player punches the other hard enough to end it. When they get into a melee battle in DBZ it envolves lightning and radical wind all around them(All i have seen in this when someone is in a melee fight there is a white orb that i guess is sapose to be energy). There should be wind n lightning like in DBZ. At higher power levels it should be like in movie 6 when goku fights metal cooler(what i mean is how they teleport around because they are so fast and powerful and you hear the boom boom of their punches.

7. Not to piss anyone off but it seems they put more effort into the maps and models then the actual game play. Most of the ideas for the fighting are half baked and if you actually sit down and think about them you just think why would they do this?? I wish the makers would of actually played other MODs like BFP to see how cheap people will be if you give them something like the teleport they have and also what worked well and what didnt work at all.
Well you saw how Crappy BFP was didn't you? No melee system, the beams were ok, but thats all the game was beams. It was just like playing a regular thirdperson/firstperson shooter.

The Melee you are talking about in movie 6 with metal kooler when they were teleporting everywhere while fighting. Goku and Kooler both knew how to do Shunkanidou (Instantaneous Movement/Instant Transmission) that is why they teleported in that black space. The other form of the teleporting they showed is when you just see big booming lights in the background (well its the light you see when you perform simple melee).

It would be hard to implement that for the simple fact that of the FPS drops it would cause.

Best answers
Ok, you were just asking for it when you made this thread. How else do you expect beams to work? dont like the current beams? DONT PLAY A DBZ GAME! In the future, come up with your own way to make this magical gameplay you speak of (which is prettymuch impossible). Its ok to critisize, but unless you want to put in as much hard work as the ESF team has, and create a great mod, stop slamming them!

Sure theres always things that could be improved, and the team know that, but what you're suggesting is basically rewriting the whole game. There cant be that much wrong with it, as on moddb.com ESF 1.2 is most popular, highest rated and most downloaded.

Best answers
Also, something like this would be better of in the suggestions thread??so bascially you posted suggestions at the end of the thread name so you knew where it was suppose to go but instead u still posted in the ESF Chat Section..boy i wonder how long you stayed up last night retracing dbz movies and eps and writing along as you go with your newbish ideas that should be added to the mod..and incase u havent notice like one guy said before me this is only a beta no the final ..i personally dont like the new melee system myself but im still appreciative..

Best answers
{Ki}ZeXeTa is mister Know it all! Why somebody listen to him/read his thread? Only to laugh:p, these aren't suggestions, these are His wishes:p! To Him: make another mod and stop playing ESF, if it's too easy then why you say everyone kill you soo easy? maybe because you are just the worst *****?

Best answers
I don't think he actually understands what the 'Beta' in Beta 1.2 means.

Best answers
Hehe as I see the greatness of ESF I also don't know what is the meaning of beta in "ESF 1.2 beta" probably the only meaning that it will be even better in the future:p

Best answers
Kaba said:
Hehe as I see the greatness of ESF I also don't know what is the meaning of beta in "ESF 1.2 beta" probably the only meaning that it will be even better in the future:p
It means that he shouldn't act like this is the final version, and that the team will Update ESF until they either:

a) Perfect it, or
b) Get bored of it.

Best answers
To...... {Ki}ZeXeTa

This is just the first release on the melee system. I am sure they will tweak the melee with better special effects next time and longer lasting melee battles. In the first place do you even know how to make this kind of mod? Don't just sit down and request a good game when you aren't even helping. The mod is free somemore. You actually benefit more than the team. All you do is just sit back and wait for releases and yet you are complaining about the game. The game is free. Don't request too much when you are not even paying a dollar.

Best answers
Actually BFP had, imo the best movement system ever
The freedom while you were jumping from one cliff to another, true DBZ if you ask me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, First off all of you who are saying "quit *****ing, and don't play" He has the right to ***** as long as it doesn't break the rules, I find the "Don't *****" posts more annoying, I applaud this guy for making this post.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Nextly, He has some points, but others are just plain stupid. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

IMO to make the melee harder, it should include the "q,e,c,x,z" buttons, for diagonal arrows, right now we just use "w,s,d,a" which also assumes the diagonal arrows. This will be the diagonal arrow system. Get it? There would be more combos this way. It would double the current melee systems complexity.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. This game isnt gonna last very long at all because of how easy it is to master the melee system. The game is seperated into 2 things Melee and Beams soon as the game was released beams were uselss and now melee is getting more useless by the minute. You might ask how am i getting this and it is coming from the fact that the arrows are so slow that pretty much anyone can master it within a day. Who will want to play this game when the only damage done is by pre punches or throwing since everyone is a pro at dodging.

First off--since when is the old melee system difficult? It's pretty obvious to me that it was pretty brainless and a placeholder feature at best. Besides, this entire list of complaints is unfounded here in question number 1: you can speed up the arrows with a cvar I believe, and beams aren't useless. In fact, I use beams more in this build than ANY other. Just because you aren't good enough at all of the beam related stuff to deal with a melee opponent, doesn't mean it's horribly executed. I kill more people with beams then I do with melee. Especially if you fire off a shot at a swooping foe--it sends him to the ground and a generic beam or ball does like 20 dmg up close and personal. Not everyone is a pro at dodging, either--people with higher PLs see less random arrows by a small amount. Play as Buu and fight a Vegeta at base PL and watch how you break him in half cause of the power difference. Besides--I doubt you'd be here complaining if you were winning all the time because of this "simple" melee system. If you don't like it, use the old melee, and use your supposed easy mastery of the arrows to never be hit. You'll own.

2. The teleport is absolutely rediculous and contributes nothing to the game except the aspect of running and being able to make beams even more useless.(yes it is possible, i didnt think it was either)
Again, beams aren't useless...your uses for them are. Ever hit someone with a HALF-charged kamehameha? No? I thought not. Well it's pretty effective, as is any beam, so long as it's a direct it. Teleporting has a delay on it now so people can't mousewheel across the map either; if anything it's been NERFED. It contributes a ****load to the game, too--do you know how often I use the afterimage to trick an opponent and buy me some time to charge!? Almost EVERY FIGHT. It makes a huge difference and is an excellent addition to the gameplay. Your complaining here but you don't seem to have any real point or idea to the contrary...you say teleporting stinks, because it's only for getting away and you can't hit anyone with a beam now...well, what was it for before? And before, when you could teleport across the whole map and recharge in one move, that was better? Give an idea after you criticize another's. If you're not here to make suggestions, and just to ***** that it sucks, well that means you don't like our game--and people who don't like our game usually have the option of going and playing another one, if you really want to.

3. The tranformations are cool for about the first 5 times you see them. The first time you transform it should be long and drawn out but after that it should be quick transformations(This happend once with goku then i never saw it happen again????) Notice in DBZ after they turn SSJ for the first few times they are able to turn SSJ within a second or two and it isnt a long drawn out transformation. This would solve people complaining about trans killing and make the game more realistic to DBZ.
In DBZ, they transform easier as they get stronger. The same thing happens in ESF...except you probably transform at 1.76million PL with Goku. Try waiting till you are at 2.3mill, and watch the difference. And there isn't a problem with trans killing--there's a problem with kids wanting to use this game to live the story of the show vicariously, and thus they expect their enemy to stand around for two "episodes" (I guess that'd be map changes, hehe) and watch in awe as they gather power. In Unreal Tournament, when someone is running for the Redeemer, we aim for the gun--cause that's where he's going and we don't want him to have it. You can't make people invincible in transformations because it would be abused--it already is, actually.

4. Like i mentioned before the beams are completely useless and you are lucky to even shoot someone in the back when they dont even see it coming. If they see it coming you pretty much have no chance at all to hit someone. I mentioned in another thread that the beams size should be enlarged greatly and the speed should also be tuned up so they cant outrun the beams. Most of the beams are so slow you cant hit anything at all.
Not to be rude, but this is a very untrue statement. How can you miss an enemy with a huge beam blast, when he's stuck in a wall? On the ground? Out of ki and charging? You could even be a total tool and shoot at pairs that are nearly done with adv. melee sessions and get a two-for-one as they bolt back into each other for round two. I don't get it--they nerfed teleport so it can't be abused, and there's all these ways to render an enemy stationary for a perfect fatal shot, but yet...you seem to think you can't hit anyone with a beam. I hit people with beams everyday, it's not hard--just don't whore the kame so much that you get blown up too when they swoop into you and you let it go six inches in front of your face.

5. The whole swooping system is a neat idea but the base speed(when not swooping) is so slow that you cant do a thing without swooping. I know people here get pissed if you mention BFP but they had a much better way of doing it with the whole use ki thing. I dont get the point of even having a turbo mode on this game. It raises your power lvl which hardly does anything for you. You cant use the power in a melee fight. It helps you with PS's and that is it. Instead of this swooping system the turbo mode should crank your speed up to the swooping speed so the double tapping **** that pisses alotta people off will be eliminated.
First--this version is like, three times faster then beta 1.1 at base speed.
Seconed--swooping DOES use ki, so you can't just "do it all the time."
Third--Power level is used to calculate EVERYTHING in this mod. So turbo DOES make a difference. The punches don't do extra damage? Maybe not...but have you ever fought an 11million pl SSJ Vegeta as a spawn-PL'ed Goku? It's so many randoms and it's so much quicker, that you often won't have a chance to react at all. So i don't know about you--but every boost I can get for my PL is more than welcome, especially at later levels where it gives me more than +1mill. So this is unfounded-the power DOES get used in melee.
Fourth--Didn't you just complain that you can't hit anyone with beams, but then you want to practically make the fastest movement in the game pretty much its default speed? That makes no sense, man.

melee battle in DBZ it envolves lightning and radical wind all around them(All i have seen in this when someone is in a melee fight there is a white orb that i guess is sapose to be energy). There should be wind n lightning like in DBZ. At higher power levels it should be like in movie 6 when goku fights metal cooler(what i mean is how they teleport around because they are so fast and powerful and you hear the boom boom of their punches.
You want it to be accurate to DBZ, huh? Well...did DBZ have lag? Did DBZ drop into 4fps a second ebcause there's 374758494 special effects going on at the same time? No, right? Good, we have an understanding then. Besides--all that stuff is special effects. This is still a beta, remember? That's cosmetic and, as such, is a low priority in my book.

You're mad because you can't hit anyone with the mononuclear beams in this game. You must play Gohan. lol...to think that the team has not played or seen other mods of this or any other type is just preposterous. What do you think, they all live in a basement and watch DBZ and make this game? And ONCE AGAIN, you failed to offer ANY alternatives, let alone a possibly better one. Also, on a personal note: bid for power sucked on a gameplay level.

8. I played 1.1 and the beams were the same, It was made completely obvious that the beams were useless so why have the same beams in this(ohhh wait i forgot they changed the explosion not like anyone will see it since no one uses beams)???????? Like i said they worry too much about little details like the maps n models more then the actual game play. Graphics arent everything in a game, you people on the team need to learn that. You people really need someone on the team with an imagination and someone who knows DBZ well(i dont really know any of you but judging from how you did this game none of you know that much about DBZ or have much of an imagination). A few things that came in this update like beam riding came from people on the forums and not even the team. The team has no imagination at all for making this game good and they get ideas from the forum members and they just do the work to put them in the game. I dont read the forums all that much but the only thing ive seen come from the team on this current release is the melee which alotta people are complaining about and find to be a very ****ty way to do the melee.
That is just preposterous. Any given member of the team would probably talk circles around most of us in DBZ. They went through the trouble of including so many extra little details--the power levels for transformations are balanced like on the show (trunks and gohan change sooner, vegeta changes last, etc). They gave Goku the teleport/kame thing. They removed the spirit bomb from his moves when he's transformed. In the melee, a lot of those custom combo animations are pretty nuts. The sounds have little details in them. The maps have little details in them. Trunks' sword is used. I mean...you act like they never saw it in their lives. This is the ONLY GOOD ENJOYABLE DBZ BASED GAME EVER CREATED. It is also the most unique mod and quite possibly the most originally designed pc game I have ever played. And this is from someone with a degree in design.

If they wanted it to be all smoke and mirrors, bells and whistles, then they'd have gone right to HL2 the day it was announced, and the game wouldn't play any different. Look at all the gameplay ideas they implemented the last few builds! Beam jumping, wall jumping, melee, teleport after images, throwing...how can you say they are focused on the graphics and not the gameplay? We've had the same models except for Piccolo and Gohan for three builds now! Up until recently the auras weren't even animated, either.

They also DON'T get all of their ideas from idiot forum members. They came up with this melee system based on a concept devised by a player, yeah it's true. But they still invented it--the general idea was his. Not to flame but there is a certain other DBZ mod which will remain nameless that has a bad habit of catering to fans("omg BROLLY" "OMG fusion!!" "OMG, Majin Vegeta!!"). All things that aren't in this game because they're not good for gameplay.

To say they have no imagination at all after devising one of the deepest and most unique controlling schemes ever to grace PC or console gaming, is just snide, rude, and insulting. They have more imagination then any of us could ever hope to have, just for devising this crazy melee system alone. When I heard about it, I thought, "pause time? prepunches? Arrows?! that's not going to be fun at all!!!" but now I've played it, and it IS fun, because they tweaked it to be.

To conclude this i guess im upset that i expected more from this and you guys badly let alotta people down with this melee system and beams still being useless.

They've been putting out videos and updating us constantly. You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, dude. Melee system is excellent, it still contains the old melee so you don't have much of a right to complain, and as I recall it can probably still be turned off completely, so you can have fun with your beams if you can get a server up. Beams aren't useless--I get most of my kills with beams, and obviously you've never played against a mildly-skilled Piccolo. You can't even control that SBC and it owns me constantly.

Ban me or close my thread whatever but i stayed calm in this thread like sonic requested so you should hear me out and respond to my suggestions and not flame me.
First and foremost, you didn't MAKE any suggestions. You just told us all that the team sucks at what they did because you don't like it and can't use it properly. If you want to stand on the corner of the map against the skybox and shower full-blast kames to get fifty kills in five minutes, well, sorry--this build isn't for you. This one requires skill and talent, more so than any of the prior builds. I haven't found any terribly annoying exploits like in previous builds and the team has gone to great lengths to give us a wholly entertaining and brilliantly designed product, for absolutely no compensation except for the ungrateful ranting of people who can't adapt to the new system. Honestly, I've even considered sending the team a check for 40 bucks, because I play this game far more than I play ANY of my other ones and I feel it is possibly the best and most interesting PC game I've ever had.

Adapting. That's what life is all about: adapt to change or die.

I guess, as far as ESF is concerned, you chose the latter.

Best answers
Thanks Sierra and Che.

As Che stated BFP had the best movement and it was very free and actually responsive. I dont know if im the only one who notices this but after playing BFP then i play this the aiming is very unresponsive and usually keeps going even after you turn it the oposite way. The whole movement system is very stiff and doesnt allow for simple movements like in BFP of just flying full speed and turning fly off. Whoever said BFP was too fast is a jackass, thats what made the game challenging and fun anyone can hit someone at a snails pace like the melee system is in this game.

Sierra that is a good idea for the melee system to make it harder but i just dont know if it will work. The whole arrow idea just keeps the possiblity of someone being good enough to dodge everything and make the fights never end.

As for the rest of you jackasses you always say ohh use beams after you knock them into walls which is dumb about all you can get off in that time is a generic beam which is a ****ty attack. I wont apologize to the Team because in my opinion they did a **** job at the melee system and didnt even make an attempt to fix the beams at all. I only suggested the added effects for the melee because like i said the team seems to care more about the graphics then actual game play.

SaiyanPride LMAO i cant get over how "proposterous" all the stuff you said was. I dont know how you can stick up for the team on this, everyone solution on here seems to be ohhh its beta and new version is on the way. Who gives a **** about the new version or what version this is. The fact is they didnt fix beams or make melee good in the game. When i first played the game i was like neat new melee then after 15 minutes i could dodge everything perfectly, got called a hacker 4 times because i dodged so good and did the 2 combos to a few people. Its pretty obvious the game lacks it playback value. In BFP the melee was a bit lame but it atleast took skill to hit people and the fights were more like DBZ not this 6 punch knock back ****. It was an all out fight until someone died and ohh did i mention all the attacks in the game were useful??? Most of you probaly played BFP for 5minutes and 1 of my Ki members probaly mopped the floor up with you so you quit whining that it was too fast.

Best answers
Um just to reply to some of the things that you were saying Zexeta, I dont think the way you have learnt to play the game allows you to see the benefits of all of the skills you have trounced on.

Teleporting for one used to be my forte, I simply bound my mouse and two keys to teleport and in beta 1.1 i was the unstoppable teleport whore, and as soon as i ascended and could teleport a mighty 12 times the entire map distance was nothing. The new teleport sytem is alot fairer in that it is slower and has a rate that is not instantaneous or continous. Now i only use teleport for short bursts. For me this has made the game alot more fun, involving more swooping and less tele punch (but still some)!

Beams are useless? are you insane? beams are AWESOME, you just have to use them well. They are even accurate to the DBZ series. In a multiple player game, usually you can sneak off to charge a beam or disc (like krillin and gohan vs freiza), wheareas in 1 vs 1 they are harder to pull of because you and your opponent can focus entirely upon the other. This results in smaller games using the less powerful beam attacks (like ki blasts and generic) and larger games involving the stronger beam attacks. Your beam attacks even go off once you have been swooped, making you able to sell your life dearly once your hp's are low. Is this accurate to the DBZ series? well when goku fights majin vegeta, they use a LOT of melee, and only a few small but intense KI powers.

It doesnt take long to master the melee sytem? Not to master the basics for sure, but heres where you can afford to be interesting. I'll take a page striaght from bruce lees book and say "change the rate and tempo of your strikes, confusing your opponent..." etc. In ESF you can use very similiar attacks, then deliberatley change the pace of them in the middle of a sequence, or even after a long period of lets say ten minutes once an opponent is used to you, change your style completely. Try different stuff, not all of your attacks will hit but this is the case in DBZ episodes, when only like three punches make contact and they are emphasised. Perhaps instead of slagging the system which is quite workable (and fair for 200+ ping players) maybe suggest something like increase the damage the melee strikes do, so if someone fails to block any of the sequence they take more damage than they currently do.

I think gameplay wise the melee works well because the person who has been playing in a server for 3 hours cant absolutley trounce a player that just joins, it involves more skill and manouvering than ever b4.

To sum up
1) use smaller ki strikes
2) play around with the directions more to find useful and confusing combos
3) assess your ideas accuracey to the series and the PLAYABILITY of those ideas (one all powerful character killing all the others is just crap, face up to it).

I found what you were saying an interesting angle and perception, but far too exageratted for the way I play the game.

I could kill you using just beams (or lots of them, im bound to end up blocking your melee lots!) I guarantee it, I'll even play you to prove it! (not being boastful, just defending what I believe works).

The only thing that i have thought up that could perhaps make beams more usable is by binding certain strength beams (like kiblast, or the lowest strength generic etc) to buttons just like powerup, (such as in the old mod dragonmodz) so that you could tap a button to use a ki strike, instead of having to go through the half life weapon system of 'tap 2, tap mouse, tap 1, tap mouse'.

*EDIT* OMG saiyan pride your post is poetry, expressing aggressively what i have tried to productively suggest!

You have obviously played esf for as long as alot of us!

Originally Zegeta, Esf was an entirely beam game (if anyone remembers the original game version), and the melee was ****ING CRAP in alot of peoples opinions, even the DEV's im sure. Esf is storming along becoming suave and better every edition. If you think it is so easy to do the things you say, go over to Redsaiyan the website and get the original source code, and have a go yourself. TOOL.

Best answers
{Ki}ZeXeTa said:
Thanks Sierra and Che.

i play this the aiming is very unresponsive and usually keeps going even after you turn it the oposite way.
Who the heck say after the beams is launched, it will keep going? Just right click to stop the beam at once and it will EXPLODE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom