Sonic confirmed for Super Smash Bros

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sega has no bounds. They are free as birds.

And they're damn sure going to make a fortune off of this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Sonic has had his share of Nintendo-only titles: Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Battle, Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure.

Sora, on the other, is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. I will admit that Snake was an extreme stretch, but I think Nintendo wants to keep the guests to a minimum.

@Magus: I thought the creator of Metal Gear was the one who wanted Snake in? I also completely forgot about Rare owning DK. How silly.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RARE DOES NOT OWN DK, **** sake, nintendo has lincenses on all that ****, they just let rare use the franchise.

Remember the first donkey kong? Rare wasn't even around then.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
RARE DOES NOT OWN DK, **** sake, nintendo has lincenses on all that ****, they just let rare use the franchise.

Remember the first donkey kong? Rare wasn't even around then.
which I said (correct me if I'm wrong)

you can now return from your enraged state.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something just happened in my pants...and it's never happened unassisted before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well Sonic has had his share of Nintendo-only titles: Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Battle, Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure.

Sora, on the other, is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. I will admit that Snake was an extreme stretch, but I think Nintendo wants to keep the guests to a minimum.

@Magus: I thought the creator of Metal Gear was the one who wanted Snake in? I also completely forgot about Rare owning DK. How silly.
That's true, but on the other hand, the word Sora is mentioned at the top of the page (where they really didn't have to put it), and KH's composer is on their music team. And considering how many other music composers were part of games for characters that have been unveiled, I'm hopeful.

I'm also conspiracy theory-ing the crap out of the site, so I may be prone to extreme leaps of logic and faith.
Or clairvoyance.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Best smash update ever, tho the Snake one a few days ago was amazing. I still hope to see a few more characters make the list including....

Ryu Hyabusa
Alucard
Mega Man
RE4 Leon

Let it happen....please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only other reasonable characters I would like to see in here are megaman and cyborg ninja. Megaman has whored nintendo consoles for ages, and deserves to be in this game just as much as sonic, if not more. Cyborg ninja would be awesome, and would just seal the deal for me. Snake being alone from his series just doesn't sound right to me, it's too awesome of a series to only have snake in it. I have a feeling he will be one of the secret unlockable characters.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The only other reasonable characters I would like to see in here are megaman and cyborg ninja. Megaman has whored nintendo consoles for ages, and deserves to be in this game just as much as sonic, if not more. Cyborg ninja would be awesome, and would just seal the deal for me. Snake being alone from his series just doesn't sound right to me, it's too awesome of a series to only have snake in it. I have a feeling he will be one of the secret unlockable characters.
GrayFox would be awesome, but I believe, if another MGS character would be in, it'd be Liquid or Raiden, a lame clone.

However SSBB's released content hasn't disappointed me yet, heh.

Best answers
I think Snake being in SSB is kind of stupid. He doesn't fit in with ANY of the other characters, save maybe Zero Suit Samus. He's too much of a serious character, and he uses modern day (or future) weaponry. He isn't nearly nintendo/cartoony enough to make any sense whatsoever or fit in whatsoever. Taking out a sword or a bow quick-time, makes some sense in a fantasy type of style. But taking out a rocket-launcher, shooting the ground at point blank in the middle of a combo? For christ (ph34r J-Dude) sake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a Mario vs Samus video that confirms that 2 smash balls can be in a match. It appears as an item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom