Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood :: DS

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Who ever has played this game, or is going to buy it. I would say no, don't. It's far the worst Sonic game ever created in my opinion.

<- Looks better ingame (second image).

http://www.sega.nl/sonicchronicles/nl/index.php

^ Flash Preview on how it will look and feel. As this flash movement you see on the site, is exactly the same ingame. They made it turn based fights (like Final Fantasy) to fight monsters. And you have to click on symbols to jump up or fly up high heights. They completely changed the style of Sonic. Which I highly dislike. Heck, if you wish to run from monsters while battling them, you have to jump over obstacles / boxes in until you get to the finish (like a runway course). After you done that, you successfully ran away and the monsters will flash for xxx seconds when you are back in the map to prevent a direct battle with them. If you fail to run away while running away when battling(if they catch you) you'll have to battle them again.

This game is getting a big 1/10 from me. For a 2008 game (new), I'm very disappointed.

Last edited:
whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll give this a chance before I delete it off my card.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'll give this a chance before I delete it off my card.
I do hope you don't mean that in an illegal way (FCard), as that is not really allowed here for discussion or mentioning it.

Last edited:
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I know you don't care for turn-based RPG's (previous discussions about them in the chat box, I recall, had you saying that you didn't even like the more outstanding ones, like FF4 or 6). When it was announced that the game would be an RPG instead of a hectic platformer, I was quite intrigued and I had hoped that this game would turn out well, especially with BioWare at the helm. Visions of Super Mario RPG were, quite literally, dancing in my head. It sounds to me, though, like you were expecting it to be a more traditional Sonic game, Sky. I could have sworn it was announced a long time ago that it was going to be an RPG.

Well, I guess it's time to consult some reviews.

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I hope it isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I know you don't care for turn-based RPG's (previous discussions about them in the chat box, I recall, had you saying that you didn't even like the more outstanding ones, like FF4 or 6). When it was announced that the game would be an RPG instead of a hectic platformer, I was quite intrigued and I had hoped that this game would turn out well, especially with BioWare at the helm. Visions of Super Mario RPG were, quite literally, dancing in my head. It sounds to me, though, like you were expecting it to be a more traditional Sonic game, Sky. I could have sworn it was announced a long time ago that it was going to be an RPG.

Well, I guess it's time to consult some reviews.
I actually don't mind it is RPG. I sometimes like that depending how its made. Though, I don't like how the current sonic game has been made. Jump over stuff when pressing on a huge icon? Run away like a run course and jump over obstacles in order to "run" away safely from monsters? No jump button to manually jump when ever you want to? Those are the main things that disappoint me. Heck, even the RPG battles could have been improved in my opinion. I haven't played the game completely yet, but so far the game disappoints me.

Last edited:
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you are giving an RPG a 1 out of 10 for being an RPG? I don't follow. I guess Super Mario RPG was a little more Mario-esque in that it let you jump whenever you wanted to, but the focus of an RPG is on the story, and the gameplay is generally turn based. I'd rather have an RPG that played like an RPG than an action-adventure game that played like Sonic Heroes.

I suppose they could have done more with the controls but still, c'mon, it's an RPG. Give it some slack.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So you are giving an RPG a 1 out of 10 for being an RPG? I don't follow. I guess Super Mario RPG was a little more Mario-esque in that it let you jump whenever you wanted to, but the focus of an RPG is on the story, and the gameplay is generally turn based. I'd rather have an RPG that played like an RPG than an action-adventure game that played like Sonic Heroes.

I suppose they could have done more with the controls but still, c'mon, it's an RPG. Give it some slack.
Do read my reply above yours :)

I actually don't mind it is RPG. I sometimes like that depending how its made. Though, I don't like how the current sonic game has been made. Jump over stuff when pressing on a huge icon? Run away like a run course and jump over obstacles in order to "run" away safely from monsters? No jump button to manually jump when ever you want to? Those are the main things that disappoint me. Heck, even the RPG battles could have been improved in my opinion. I haven't played the game completely yet, but so far the game disappoints me.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do hope you don't mean that in an illegal way (FCard), as that is not really allowed here for discussion or mentioning it.
No I buy all my games then make legal copies of them to play so the original doesn't get damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom