Sonic Adventure DX problem... :S

Best answers
Hey, i was playing this GREAT GREAT game and here's the problem...
Sometimes, most of the times, my pc just reboots after i play a while... I have all the requirements and the latest drivers for my video card, which is NVidia GForce MX 440 with AGP8X... any1 knows how to solve this problem? cuz that game rocks... and i can't play it like this... :cry:

Best answers
hmm.. i never knew a geforce mx440 was able to run on agp8x ... i presume you are talking about a geforce 4 mx 440.. since mine was only agp 2 or maybe it was even 4 but certainly not 8.
anyway back to the point

maybe your pc got overheated and it shut down to prevent burning your wires?
i dont know the game and i dont know if it takes alot out of your pc but that could be the problem.
it happened to me alot with my old computer ( with the geforce 4 mx 440 ) when playing ut2k4. but only during summer though

tried looking around on the forums of that sonic game?
there are always very usefull tips on the forums of the games on their official websites.

Best answers
hmmm... maybe that's the problem, but anyway they DON'T have forums, i mailed the support team, but still no response... but i doubt it's to prevent the wires or something from buning, after all, i play games like C & C Generals and Midnight Club 2 very well, and none of this happens...

Best answers
It could just be the game. I played DX on my computer, it was fun, I experianced no problems, but it is a port, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Make sure your drivers are updated, www.nvidia.com. Also, look around for an official patch for DX, if there is one.

Best answers
he already said he has the latest drivers ;)
and yea.. good idea to look for patches for the game.

Best answers
yeah, thnx for the advice, but IF there is, it is not oficial, because it isn't in any of the oficial sites :S

edit: searched google, and i found no patches/updates

Best answers
your video card might be overheating or even your processor, try not to play the game to long all the time lol, or try to play it in a window could help!

Best answers
even in windowed mode the pc reboots, maybe i should play it when i wake up, but the strange IS, that my PC only reboots in certain Stages...

Best answers
time it 2 or 3 times and if its all on the same time, then you know its probably yopur pc overheating....but if not then i don't know the problem...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have the same thing with the hulk, and alway's on the same spot of the level.
my pc is almost a icecream insite so it cant be the heat.

Best answers
actually it could, if your pc doesnt have a good flow air through tht system it can easily overheat. if its really dusty in your pc then dust it out with a paintbrush so you dont damage anything, and it does a very good job. also doom 3 did have a problem with video cards overheating (9800 xt or the x800 series) and the graphics would get all snowy....ussually a pc reboots when something it overheating to save you from the damage but i could be wrong....all i can say is make sure your drivers are up to date and everything

Best answers
so what you're saying is, that this game is too much for my videocard right? oh, but it's strange because the game works perfectly... it seems i have to get a new videocard or something, better not, a new pc is coming in april or so...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) i clean my pc every weak
2) my cpu get's it more cold that warm, i just have a verry good cooler.
3) everything that can be updated has bin updated and the hulk(and also sonic atventures dk) doesn't nead verry mutch to run.

Best answers
well, maybe your PC just cools some parts, while others warm up more than others... but it's strange that my PC only overheats in that game and always in the same place, i mean, same stage, cuz the place isn't always the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom