Son Goku WIP

Best answers
Credits to NeD for the reference drawing.

Best answers
Ah, so that's it . I saw you had some potential when you critisized my Ginyu :) . Lookin good so far, However I can see a couple of things that could change . But first, are you aiming for half life polyamount ? (1300-1400?) Or is it just a personal project ? If it's for half life, it's great so far, nothing to crit , but if its for higer poly class, then I think you should shape up the arms a bit , as well as show me a back and side render :) . Once again, good job .

Best answers
Thanks, I am aiming for a semi-half life model (around 1800-2000). I'm gonna be redoing the arms to add more detail in the biceps because they do look a little smudgy. I'll post some other views in just a sec.

Edit: Here you go.

Side

Back

On another note, I have been told by friends that my modelling style is very similar to NeD's, so please don't flame ripper or anything of that sort, I am 100% willing to send my models to prove otherwise.

Best answers
Good work Eric, i look forward to seeing the progress on this model. And to use it if you release it for ESF. Offtopic: Hey whats going on with ESF-World, they arent updating or anything, like adding the many models im sure were uploaded to the site.

Best answers
The arms are a lil to short and thin Gimp ^^
And make his feet a lil shorter.
Rest looks really good ^^

Best answers
make the torso taller - aka Y envoy - + otherwise it reminds a lil of gohan
nice low poly I think, Im not sure though

everything looks really good till now, gl with the head and the hair
hope you gonna get a good skinner!

and also one last thing - you did well on the poly by poly thingy! its very deformable imo

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make Him Thinner, He Looks Fat, Shrink The Waist, The Neck Seems Too Big.

Best answers
Styer101 said:
get some triangulationg on those legs so they animate good ;)
I got polys placed in the knees of the pants so it deforms well.

As for the triangulation and proportions, they are correct with the DBZ proportions for Goku. The arms may seem small but that hands add length and will bring it all together.

Updates soon.

Edit:
Added hands.

Edit again :p

I am going to set aside this project for the time being because of my never-ending lack of interest in modelling DBZ. I'm going to be modelling some of my own concept art and some characters from non-DBZ related origins.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EricW said:
As for the triangulation and proportions, they are correct with the DBZ proportions for Goku. The arms may seem small but that hands add length and will bring it all together.
you see, thats where you are wrong. The porportions are rather, bad. The poly placement looks very well made, but the arms LOOK way to scrawny, and short. I say look for a reason. The torso is huge, the huge torso makes the arms looks extremely small compared to the rest of the body. Shrink it.

You see, if you dont follow peoples critisism, such as porportions, then youll never get any better.

:]

Best answers
I understand you CJ, I know the arms length is correct with proportion wise but I know you are correct with the width of the arms compared to the torso. When I get to finishing him I am going to remodel the arms as I said in a previous post. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Best answers
The Goku model is nice, arms are rather dull to look at, and the forearms are short, and the neck is too big, and too cylindrish.

Offtopic : Your style is similar to NeDs? The only think that may be similar is Poly-By-Poly method, otherwise your model looks in no way similar to NeDs models, for instance, the butt area, you basically modeled the ass crack, NeD doesn't. Ned's arms are also more defined, along with the neck. But, meh, still good.

A far sider note, if you see Ned again, tell him I said yo :eek:

Best answers
Hellx said:
The Goku model is nice, arms are rather dull to look at, and the forearms are short, and the neck is too big, and too cylindrish.

Offtopic : Your style is similar to NeDs? The only think that may be similar is Poly-By-Poly method, otherwise your model looks in no way similar to NeDs models, for instance, the butt area, you basically modeled the ass crack, NeD doesn't. Ned's arms are also more defined, along with the neck. But, meh, still good.

A far sider note, if you see Ned again, tell him I said yo :eek:
If you saw a wire-frame of my model you would see.

As I said, the arms I did a sloppy job on, that is why I am remodeling them. :p

Best answers
*Edit* Arms too flimsy, torso needs to be raised like that one guy said, and 'feet' are disporportional. Otherwise it looks good.

Best answers
If you didn't say it was Goku I would have guessed it was Veggetto by the smoothe shaded version. Goku's boots are a little bigger and his pants a little baggier.

Best answers
Aww, someone finally gets into making a nice goku model for ESF, and he backs out. I hate that. The only thing i dislike about the ESF goku model, is the hairs are just.. Not right, and the little glitch of his back right shoulder.

Best answers
AuretheMaster said:
Aww, someone finally gets into making a nice goku model for ESF, and he backs out. I hate that. The only thing i dislike about the ESF goku model, is the hairs are just.. Not right, and the little glitch of his back right shoulder.
I didn't 'back out' I just set the project aside. I will finish it at a later time after I finish what I am working on *looks at sig*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom