Son Gokan! >;o the next generation lives

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg Davidskiwan modeling >_> has the world gone mad!?!

no, i just decided i wanted to learn properly, so im starting with a dbz model, but i wanted to be a little more original so im using my own design of gokan from Dragonball NG, yeah that fanmanga i made 2 years ago. I hope to make a bruce lee next, this is just so i can learn teh tools... i also wanna get him in esf too =P

meh its a wip things are subject to change, and im getting pretty pissed with the hair, hence why i havent done it yet =\ oh well

critz/comments welcome :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like how you made the pants, and i could crit better if u showed a pic of that gokan :D (funny i used to have that name as my nick for a short time)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

thats an old CG of him, click my bottom sig to see him in NG =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh damm, that pic looks tight, but model wise i think his clothes need to be baggier, and maybe scale the body down a bit in height according to that pic

wait nevermind about that, i just checked on ur site and hes a tall person

Best answers
whoa dude thats pretty good :) The neck area looks a bit messy from that angle but you got great polyflow :)

by the way, what method are you using to make the head? there are other, maybe even easier eays to do it

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awsome stuff dave, glad to see you doing some modeling >;0 no real crits here, except the head has a few wasted polies, thats about it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=D danke gir, without you this wouldnt be possible, your tutorial really helped me out... even though i spent over an hour trying to get the refs in... >_> but thats due to my retardment, your tut was very helpful from there on... Im making the hair poly by poly... maybe that was a mistake :x im gonna try using a sphere now. i'll keep teh thread updated =]

Best answers
OMG Dave is modeling!!! :shocked:
Awesome model Dave!
Just weld some vertexes together on his face (especially on his forehead).

About the hair... I don´t know if starting with a sphere is a better idea than pbp hair-modeling. If you will do his SSJ-stage-form I would just use boxes or pyramids to make his hair :). For his normal form hair I would use edge extruding. But that´s just I would do it... Everyone has his own style :p. But using a sphere doesn´t sound really good to me :p

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=] thanks for the advice, so far i have been using poly by poly and extruding, but it gets so confusing and time consuming, ive actually spent more time trying to do the hair than doing the face >_<. I know about the welding the vertices, but do i have to do it by hand? i used the mirror on the model with instance, i thought it was ment to link up the middle >_> or am i being too hopeful? im using gmax... but im gonna get it into 3dsmax soon.

I think gokan has pretty hard to model normal form hair... because its got a side parting and its spikey at the same time >_< lol, im gonna keep working on it regardless =]

Best answers
Wow Dave! This looks just as amazing as your drawings look!! I love it, great polyflow and i like that you mainly used quads not triangles.
From that angle, i don`t think i can spot anything wrong with the model, though i would like to see some side and front views.
But great job you did there, and good luck with it!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only problem is im working in gmax, and if i want to be able to use this in anything else i need to know how to convert it so i can use it in otherthings, ive tried what i can, but when i convert it for max it looks really bad, there arent any quads, and things like that =\ its really pissing me off, if anybody could help me, i would really appriciate it

Best answers
I`ve used gmax realy long time ago, it worked fine i think. Try exporting to different formats from gmax, and then importing into 3dsmax, and also make sure you weld are vertexes, cause it happens sometimes that if some are loose, it makes the model stretch and go crazy. Or you could also try to export to another program, like milkshape and then from ms export it to 3dsm or so.
I realy hope it works, good luck mate ;)

EDIT: I thought, it could be a problem with groups, you could try to make the whole model into one group.

Well, can`t realy help you right there. Would be easier if i had you on my msn.

Well, hope you`ll solve the prob :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
come on msn for me davidddddd ill give you a few tips :)

Best answers
im confused i thought gokan was supposed to be the fusion of goku and gohan with pottara, someone care to like fill me in

btw the model looks ace so far

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinVegeta Tim said:
im confused i thought gokan was supposed to be the fusion of goku and gohan with pottara, someone care to like fill me in

btw the model looks ace so far
Gokan is DAvidskiwan's version of Goten and Bra's kid. I suppose Gokan could be a fused Goku and Gohan also.

Best answers
from what i see so far neither the sholders or the knees will animate correctly besides that thers nothing major i can see wrong only personal perference things that i would change

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom