Somethin's up with my connection.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK so the weirdest thing happened to me today. I was dling something off torrent, and my speed actually got up to 76 KB/s. Now, I have a 256 kbps connection, which means that my speed can't get higher than 32 KB/s. This was more than double that speed. What's even weirder is that before this little incident, my net crashed three times, and was lagging. I did a whole lot of **** with the cables and my modem, pluggin in and pluggin out, and I eventually get it working, run this torrent, and get this insane speed, which I know I could never have with my current packet. And now, while I was typing this, my speed dropped to 16 KB/s. Did I do something illegal to boost my speed like that, unknowingly maybe? I'd like to know.

EDIT: Now it's up to 58 KB/s again. WTF is up?

Best answers
Remember my thread about my insane problem dan? with a 64kbps plan I got upload speeds of over 100 kiloBYTES per second. (No one go trying to tell me it was kilobits. Go search for that thread and youll understand)

Ithappens at times. Cable or Broadband? Mine's broadband. I guess its the problem with the network. As I understand it, they told me that the plan fluctuations are probably due to their servers which fail to allot to us only those many packets. Sometimes it just jumps and they allot us too many. I called them up after my plan went back to normal.

You'r not complaining are you? heh.
Btw, I was JUST wondering wtf happened to you! Welcome back! You staying?

@frsrblch He did, sort of. He said it was an early aprils 1st joke. But hey.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, now it's capped at 62 KB/s and not moving. Really weird. But hey, I'm not complaining ^^. I have cable btw. Maybe it's just the client that's ****ed up and showing me incorrect readings? 'Cause theoretically my ISP limits my speed at 32 KB/s. Don't see how it can get higher than that, maybe I'll call them in the morning about it, if it isn't the client that it.

@Groo: No, I didn't. I plan to beat Zeonix' record by leaving and coming back five times.

Best answers
Its not the client. Keep observing how much your actually downloading?

Thats what i did. First moment it said 102 MB and in 2 seconds it jumped to 103 MB (My uploaded meter ofcourse.)

Keep an eye on it.

oh yeah Zeonix is banned now. So's J-Dude. o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, you're right. I really am getting 60 KB per second. AWESOME! Gotta enjoy this until it lasts...XD

And as for Zeonix, he was banned 3 times now I think, he'll be back again. Either he'll get a new account somehow, or his old one will be unbanned.

*me points at Smiff

And what exactly does that mean? ~Smiff

Best answers
Go here for thread of uber knowledge.

And Zeonix needs a better hobby, other than getting banned I mean..... xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh yeah, I remember that thread. WHOA! Now it's up to 80 KB/s. Heh, funny, in that thread you said you wished it was the opposite (that you have 100 KB/s dl speed) and practically I have the opposite you wished for. Weird, eh?

EDIT: Just noticed that my upload rate is normal, around 12 KB/s. I feel like a leecher right now ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most torrent programs you can set an artificial cap on whatever your downloading. Set the cap at 32. If you can't set a cap with the torrent program your using now, get one that you can.. That's of course if it's causing problems with your 'net. If it's not, live it up.

For the record, Zeonix has been banned atleast 12 times.

Best answers
12... momma, hold me....

btw sub why the heck would he want to set a cap on his download speed. He wants it to be this way... lol

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said it crashed his 'net about three times.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No no, it crashed 3 times before I started the torrent. Back when I was playing SC with Lionheart and TigerGeo. Really weird that after that happened my net reveals its hidden powers...lol...

And...12 times? I give up trying to break his record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom