somethings wrong here

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
somethings wrong here eh ... i was browsing planethalflife and took a new look at the halflife-2.nl website (no im not dutch) .. i felt like taking a look on some hl2 screenies and noticed something ...
take a look at this screenie http://www.halflife-2.nl/media/4.jpg
notice something?
take a look at the light of static brushwork and the shaddows ... then compare it to the shaddows of the models in the map.
also, this two guys in the foreground are lightened up by something left of them, but look at the shadow .. *whoa .. magic*

lol

Best answers
What the hell.....

That guy down there.. his shadow is completely messed up.. oO

Thats weird.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Possible multiple light sources? Does look strange. It is just a screenshot though. Lots of things can be there but not in the image, like a lightbulb infront of the scientists or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
t'was an oldie pic, so they havnt ironed out little bugs like that, no worries, i wont send back my copy because the shadows have super sun-defying powohs :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. Maybe the world of Half-Life has two suns ? :p but then they would have two shadows... ah well, a minor glitch.

Best answers
If I were a coder, wouldn't it make it easier to make the shadows all go in one direction? Anyway, if you ask me, (limited knowledge on these things) it looks deliberate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D00M 3 shadows......nuff said :p

Best answers
Who cares about shadows? Half-Life 2 is gonna pwn no matter what.

Still, kinda weird.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if there where two light sources then there would be two shadows in two different directions. But yea, thats wierd, looks like an old bug.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
lol ... dont take that shot too serious ... its obvious that its an early screenshot and on some other screenies of that map, its already fixed ... its just kind of funny to see the shaddows go into the completely wrong direction ^_^

Best answers
heh... that's really weird... i'm from holland but i never saw that on a dutch site
and don't think it's in holland like 2 different shadows... i know some dutch site's are weird ... but this.....:]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its pretty obvious that the suns are um... well, there are 2 of them... and well um.. the one sun only um.... and the other sun makes the um.... [/me runs away]

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a big deal to me, the graphics look top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom