Something to consider in terms of charecter balance

nge

Best answers
If we take a look at every charecter, almost all of them have an instant attack. Goku, Cell, and Krillin all have the solar flare. Gohan's got the shield attack. Freiza has the fingerlaser, and Piccolo has the eyelaser. Buu has the candybeam. So, all them aside, Vegeta and Trunks are the only ones lacking in that area.

Here's where my suggestion comes into play.

Vegeta lacks any form of instant attack. Furthermore, he's got a considerably more useless ki-blast attack than any of the other charecters. To kill two birds with one stone, why not just make the renzoku an instant attack- that is, remove the charge on it? One click, it drains a set amount of ki, Vegeta does his little flipoutty scream and shoots a number of ki-blasts to be determined fair. If the ki cost was high enough, it wouldn't be spammable at all, but quite useful to deal damage to an opponent knocked to the ground. In terms of high ki-cost, one could make it range anywhere from half a ki bar to 3/4ths, depending on what's more balanced.

Trunks, was a bit more tricky to think of. As a matter of fact, I really couldn't think of any non-spammy way to incorperate an instant attack for him, but I remembered the addition of the flamethrower. I'm sure you guys know what you're doing with it, but for all things practical, please consider not having a charge time on it should it have one at this point in time.

This way, charecters will all have an instant attack- don't go on the grounds of "diversity" for a reason not to incorperate this, as how diverse is it for 2 charecters not to have this ability whereas everyone else does? I feel it's a step closer in the right direction towards balance, and while I don't have any definate numbers worked out right now for this, I'm happy to provide a rough idea.

Comments/complaints?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a similar suggestion for Vegeta a while back, way back in the day.
So of course I like it.

As for Trunks. Well I don't think having the flamethrower as an 'instant' type of attack will work at all. I think it will have to have some form of charge time, even if very small. Besides, he's a character geared towards melee combat ;).

nge

Best answers
Pain: Firstly, thanks for the reply.

Secondly, I'm glad you think my suggested ki blast fix for Vegeta works out.

Thirdly, on the topic of trunks, I only really just thought of a rough idea on what to do in terms of "instant" and "charging" the flamethrower. Perhaps, the attack could be fired immediately, yet grow stronger as the attack is held (to a point, of course. Wouldn't want it to obliterate the map because some guy shot it in a corner for a while.) It could even get to full damage potential at the same speed a Burning Attack charges; it just fire's immediately.

I know, it's probably silly of me to try and create an instant based off of an attack of which I have no idea how it works, but I'm thinking that if it does work like an actual "flamethrower" type weapon, than this could possibly be a way to give trunks an "instant" attack without changing the game terribly.

Thanks.

Best answers
i understand perfectly wut ur saying nge. firstly i see nothing wrong wit the vegeta renzoku attack change in fact im all for it. secondly i see wut u mean about the flamethrower. honestlywit the way it looks whos actually gonna sit still while u try to burn them. thats the only attack i myself can think of that could be instant.

also like pain said since trunks is more of a melee character why not put more of an emphasis on it and give him some type of instant melee attack possibly. i dunno jus a thought

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like the idea of removing the Renzoku's charge time. They could leave the amount of ki blasts and its ki-cost the way they are now, and just remove the charge time.. it wouldn't involve that much coding, I reckon. And it would make the attack useful, finally.

In the show, Vegeta loved knocking people into terrain and then Renzoku-ing them to death. This would also make the game a bit more like the show, in that respect.

Also, I like the idea of an instant flamethrower attack. It should fire instantly, and if you hold it longer, it would gradually consume Ki. The ki-cost would be considerable, but the attack would also be quite powerful. It would serve Trunks well, because he could use it as a surprise attack during Melee, and to keep his opponents at bay.

It makes so much sense to me. o_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think most of us will agree with you on the Renzoku thing. There's been numerous threads before pointing out how much it... for lack of a better word... sucks.

I agree with Pain on Trunks, though. He's always been more of a melee character. I don't think he needs a boost in the beam area. Don't turn this into something like Warcraft 2 (God bless it) where all the characters are the same, just with different looks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
I think most of us will agree with you on the Renzoku thing. There's been numerous threads before pointing out how much it... for lack of a better word... sucks.

I agree with Pain on Trunks, though. He's always been more of a melee character. I don't think he needs a boost in the beam area. Don't turn this into something like Warcraft 2 (God bless it) where all the characters are the same, just with different looks.
Shiyojin Rommyu said:

Also, I like the idea of an instant flamethrower attack. It should fire instantly, and if you hold it longer, it would gradually consume Ki. The ki-cost would be considerable, but the attack would also be quite powerful. It would serve Trunks well, because he could use it as a surprise attack during Melee, and to keep his opponents at bay.
:3 How's that sound? (That is, assuming you missed my post. o/)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks doesnt really have a delay in melee. I think thats good enough for him o_o.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy i disagree on Renzoku haveing no charge time.

Cause if it dosent have a charge time than i see thrown and kiblob all the time.

Instead just make it fire more shots for the charge time he has now. Or tune down the ki cost and charge time but do not remove the charge time. Its anoying enough to get thrown and kiblobsmammed as it is. And with Renzoku haveing no charge time it would be a big damage even if you gump off the ground cause the fire rate is so big. Youd get hit my 6 kiblasts be4 you jump off the ground and that can be a pain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Actualy i disagree on Renzoku haveing no charge time.

Cause if it dosent have a charge time than i see thrown and kiblob all the time.

Instead just make it fire more shots for the charge time he has now. Or tune down the ki cost and charge time but do not remove the charge time. Its anoying enough to get thrown and kiblobsmammed as it is. And with Renzoku haveing no charge time it would be a big damage even if you gump off the ground cause the fire rate is so big. Youd get hit my 6 kiblasts be4 you jump off the ground and that can be a pain.
Simple solution: Renzoku doesn't form a kiblob.

Like same way scattershot doesn't.

Best answers
why not give vegeta Atomic Blast as an instant attack

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean that suicide attack or did i miss something??

If it is the attack he ussed against Buu than it wont be in.

Besides suicide is cheap. And even worse if you try to kill people by useing it.

Best answers
na hes not talkin about ultimate sacrifice hes talkin bout a like converted version of a big bang

Best answers
Yea, but he only can use it as majin vegeta so they might not give it to him.

nge

Best answers
Zeonix: Right, but assuming that's taken out in the next version.

Everyone else: Thanks for the replies, I'll respond a little later when I get more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom