Something new, esf_gohanhouse

Best answers
hey cool
keep it up^^
(hope you'll get good textures^^)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you, map? o_O since when?

sry i never noticed that if you did, gj.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When Gohan got married to Videl they moved in next door to Goku and Chi Chi (no idea why).

I've been trying to figure out how to make that dome shape that you're using for the roofs... I've been trying to recreate my own even though there are probably prefabs lying around the net that have a sphere or a hemisphere included.

Anyway, your map is looking good, kind of early to say much but I'm looking forward to the final product.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
I've been trying to figure out how to make that dome shape that you're using for the roofs... I've been trying to recreate my own even though there are probably prefabs lying around the net that have a sphere or a hemisphere included.
To be perfectly honest, I just downloaded a prefab and resized each segment individually. It can be a bit tricky making everything fit together without breaks but it's still easier than making spheres from scratch.

Is there a way of checking faces and solids in Hammer? I kinda have a fear of compiling o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks, that.

1032 faces...that doesn't give much to spare. Strangely my esf_baba map, comprised largely of domes and cylinders, only comes to 890 and it's a bigger map.

EDIT: Ah...I think it may have something to do with the ground, which I clipped to ribbons to make those pathways - which I could just texture on. I might redo that, it would save me 511 faces o_O

Best answers
Looks awesome so far. I can't wait to see when it's finished.

It was a good idea to map Gohans house.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a very original idea to map Gohan's house - such originality, I can really appreciate. :yes:

It looks quite nice so far, Dusteh. :3 I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very good, omg, so many I mean little faces, when I make a block for a building or something it takes my face count to like 2000, lol, just kidding, bu that's unbelievable, to have the face count so low for spheres. I tried making my own spheres before, then I combined them for my esf_river map, for the clouds, lol, it had like 3000 wpoly when looking at them XD.

Can't wait for the end result, well keep up with the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom