Something Is Wrong...

Best answers
Hey everyone i kinda new with this....i've been playing counter strike for a long time but haven't ever downloaded this before...anyways when i finsihed downloading and installing the ESF game and i start it up..it ends up to be counter strike and not ESF...i haven't really figured out what is causing this so yea....someone help me out plzzz.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you get your copy of CS through a purchase of CZ? If so you can't play ESF.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK here is what you can do.

Open the browse games menu in STEAM. Click on individual games and find HL1.

If it says "download and install now" than you can can play ESF. If it says "Click for purchase options" than you cant play ESF.

If you can you should download HL from STEAM and install ESf there. Although people say it works with CS to.

But my advise is to use HL ;)

Best answers
THX PPL! i will try it out...if it doesn't work mabye i make more forums

Best answers
mhm..i found half life but it doesn't say either of those..it says play now..so iunno if that has to do anything about it..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Open the browse games menu in STEAM. Click on individual games and find HL1.
You found HL on your games list. He meant the 'browse games' list (there's a button). Once you get there you scroll down the list till you find half-life and click on it. Then a button should say either "Download and install now" or "Click for purchase options".
Hope I helped :) Welcome to the forums, and Pain told you not to double-post (posting twice without other ppl posting). Use your 'Edit' button.

Best answers
i went to browse games,found half life but then doesn't say either of those like i said before..it said "Play Now" so now i don't know what to do...

Best answers
then why isn't ot working?...i loked on some info from the creators and they said i need to update it to the newest...which i don't really know where to update it?..

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you must run half life once before you install esf ;)

Best answers
awwww....ur kidding me...so that means i have to uninstall ESF then start up half life...then install ESF again?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
its because steam extracts essential datas used by halflife mods from the halflife gcf files the first time youre running it, thus you need to start up hl at least once before you can run any mods.

Best answers
o...ok....but...AWWWWWWWWWWW i don't wanna download an install again T_T

Best answers
OMG IT'S WORKING U GUYZ!! THANK U SO MUCH!!! I HOPE I SEE U GUYZ IN THE GAME!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom