Something I made

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It suck's I know credit's to ran-d for making the tut.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Better then I could do :)

Good job for trying. Although I don't think that tutorial is that great. It has a lot of holes. But I still say good job :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL,its coming along. And noone sux. You will get better just stick with it. :) looks ok so far.. lol Just work on the stuff more and where the verteces are placed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

very quick drawover demonstrating how to neaten your mesh. the red one is the polyflow/structure, the blue one is the triangulation (both are important). i know the drawover isnt the neatest in the world, and that the structure i showed isnt the best....but hay, im not gnona spend 2 hours drawing and trying to teach :p just take it as an example :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol kewl drawover. And that should help him ...

Best answers
Look at the polyflow of my tutorial model, + select the blackfaces and use "reverse vertex order" on them, you can find it under FACE, topbar, i think =P

Best answers
yeah i tried that tutorial once too but it ended rather abruptly and i couldn't go one but sadner you didn't happen to make a full tutorial about face legs and so on because it was a great tut

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wouldv'e been more good if it had a back XD But anyway's thank's gir for the drawover, it look's like it would help me a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your poly flow scared me so here I made this. Hope it helps. I aint that good but I atleast know this stuff :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O.O Damh I will try and make one later if HE doesn't udnerstand it just shows the poly flow sorda. And that you should't add verteces just anywhere and so...

Best answers
the tut workd good for me :p
if you read the tut good you should end up like the one from ran-d

Best answers
for those who dont understand the pic, i think he's trying to explaing how the polyflow should be

Best answers
Cruzharo said:
it just shows the poly flow sorda. And that you should't add verteces just anywhere and so...
So you're saying he should only have triangles/quads? What is wrong with having more than 3 or 4 vertices for a poly? Is it bad for the model or is it just unpleasant? I am pretty new to modelling and I'm trying to learn as much as possible as soon as possible :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mmm basically, using quads helps keep the mesh clean, and uniformed. triangles are what the games use, so when you export a model, even if its in quads, it will turn to triangles, cos thats how the game renders them (triangles are the simplest polygon shape).

you can have more than 4 sides to a polygon, and theres nothing wrong with it, but it will lack definition and may look sloppy. also, smoothing groups tend not to like 5 sided polys.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a new model, it look's a little bit better I dunno.

(I still need a back!! -_- I dunno how tho)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks allllllot better. And what Gir said is kinda what I ment in that thing. There aint nothing wrong with it just...dont do it lol...You can if you wanna but I think most ppl prefer it clean and it really does improve the model and poly count sorda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom