Some words for the moment.

Best answers
Can't say I'm a new comer... but you can assume all you want since I registered a minute ago :p.

To all the administrators, members, developers... I'd just like to say hello. I used to play this game quite a bit before, I could hold my own with my kid brothers in lan (is bragging about that even legal?), can't say I'm good though since I've never tried an internet match and I probably never will.

When I mentioned before, I meant waaay back... back when I still played the first releases of dragon mod z (exploiting the genki dama bug with an ssj3 model of goku scared the hell outta my bro) and then I managed to download the meager forty megabytes of earth's special forces, just for fun.

Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with it at first, didn't look very good... and the evil and good sides? It was kinda un-dragonballish, heheh. But then the months passed, and another release of esf came. And it left dmz reeling. I tell ya, I was totally hooked with this awesome mod.

Another long month passed, and then two more, then three... I was getting bored playing esf all the time, but my frequent visits to the forums and the generous amount of downloadable models, maps and such fuelled me to hang on, more often than not :).

My corn ball prayers were answered when the melee-packed ESF release finally came and--to be blunt, it blew my mind away (The ps2 that housed the budokai games were out of my reach then, so you can imagine my bliss :p). It was just that dominating among all the other hl mods... dragon mod z couldn't even come close (sorry dmz dudes, I enjoyed the hell outta your mod, but esf was clearly better). The melee was awe-inspiring, and my siblings had a blast.

But all of that's finished, now. Having to reformat my pc because of a virus about seven months ago, my half-life game was deleted, and my scratched up cd couldn't be read anymore. The lan hud broke after that and so far, my pc is the only working one in my humble abode.

It wasn't all bad, though... I've played every dragon ball game in the ps2 (thank the lord I finally managed the purchase), and I'm feverishly waiting for budokai four, which is to be released tomorrow I think. But that didn't take away the nostalgia... it only strengthened it.

I was fourteen when dragon ball mods for half-life sparked my life, fifteen when the largest friggin' genki dama caused all three of me and my brothers' computers to hang, sixteen when I relished the melee of ESF, and I'm seventeen now. Yeah, I miss it.

Which is why I'm staying... thing is, I'm anxious for ESF's latest release, whether I play it or not. And I'm staying to cheer ESF's developers on and not to let the game die, whether I play it or not.

Half-life may not be in my pc anymore, but this mod means a lot more to me than I actually lead myself to believe... heheh, I don't really care if I play, so long as this game continues to blow everyone's minds away; even with half-life one's limited technology.

Point is, this mod owns. And the sheer relentlessnes of this game is more than enough to keep me from leaving (no idea why I didn't register long ago). Keep on makin' people happy, esf. Since you sure as hell made a happy camper outta me :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How long did it take you to write that peice of ****?

Don't worry, just kidding, really, thats warm hearted :), and I guess it helps the team when theres people like you out there playing (or used to play) the game :)

/tear

I'm 14 right now, and I can tell you I guess im kinda where you are... besides the whole... bug thing o_O. this mod rules \o/

Best answers
Haha, how long? It took me about five minutes... I'm a writer you see. But I clicked it too early and ended up with a lot of mistakes. Along with the editing, it makes a whopping twenty :).

Edit: Or was that ten (the time it took me to make it w/out the editing, I mean)? Speaking of editing this... is a pretty bad habit I've got :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you've decided to stick around and become a part of our community here.

You won't be dissapointed with 1.3. We're working hard to make sure it's the best version to date. And I think I can speak for the rest of the team when I say it's posts like yours that make doing it worthwhile :)

I should also add that if you have any questions on how we do things here, or about the next release we have quite a number of stickies to answer them.

Enjoy your stay!

Best answers
And it's developers like you that make staying here even without the mod to play, worth-while. Heheh, guess I'm here to stay; indefinitely :).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you still have your HL CD-key you might still be able to play it ^^.

Anyhow jea ESF is great :) dunno what id do with out it to relax after a day of school :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Now this is the kind of threads I like to read

We're all staying with ESF for our own reasons, and I'm pretty sure its not because of how cool DBZ was back then ;)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Izzy said:
And it's developers like you that make staying here even without the mod to play, worth-while. Heheh, guess I'm here to stay; indefinitely :).
Bring out...THE CAKE.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool story man. You should play online sometimes, a lot of the people who play this mod are pretty cool. If you still have your half-life cd key, just download steam (www.steampowered.com) and enter your half-life cd key in. You don't need to own the cd anymore to play half-life.

Best answers
It's not just that I... let's just say I'm not very rich *smirk*. Most of the money I have for myself is just enough :). Heck, I don't even have dsl yet... my parents worked like dogs for what I have, so now I need to do something for them--become independent.

Maybe someday I can sit back and enjoy the newly released version when I manage enough to snag dsl and get steam... I'll find that cd-key somewhere :p.

Best answers
I just recently joined also, pretty good game but it seems I came in at a good time since the latest version is just about to come out.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums, and glad to see you really appreciate what the team doing for everone. Even if you cant play for a while though, stick around the forums, good crowd here.

Best answers
Yeah, I can tell... even the ones that had left were also good. So many young profiles around here... it's kinda surprising. But then again, nearly half of the old members have either grown-up or moved on.

I guess now that I think about it, I have too... but that doesn't mean I can't stay :). Playing the game isn't everything... the team knows that more than anyone, and that's exactly why they're working hard on it. I even doubt they'd accept payment for this mod if anyone offered.

It's the way the people react... it's their happiness that matters, simply because happiness is dangerously contageous--I know, since I myself have created works of art that people have enjoyed, and not once was there an instant when I didn't feel good after I'd read their appreciative reviews for my stories, sketches or fan-fiction.

It's like a vice that's incredibly healthy... the ultimate high :). And that high, I believe, is something worth creating a mod of this calibur for.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
That i am not playing this game from home .

And i give money to strangers coze i have not
fast internet...
sucks i can't play every f@cking day..this game is 1 of the best.
Why the team is not making it a game {not a mode}?????
I think they will have many money--------and we will can play it easier!
what you think pain? :]

Best answers
good luck for the whole DSL thing, izzy.
as fact is there are far too many key-generators out there and your CD-key which is very old is probably stolen a loooong time ago.
i had three of my CD keys stolen after steam release ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ar$enovicius said:
That i am not playing this game from home .

And i give money to strangers coze i have not
fast internet...
sucks i can't play every f@cking day..this game is 1 of the best.
Why the team is not making it a game {not a mode}?????
I think they will have many money--------and we will can play it easier!
what you think pain? :]
I think you shouldn't avoid the swear filter.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
well............ o_o i don't got it can you tell it more simple? :confused: plz

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello, welcome to the ESF forum.

As always, we enjoy anyone who finds a hobby in writing, so don't be afraid to check out the Fan Fiction section.

Also, we greatly appreciate anyone who follows the rules, found in this link.

Hope to see you get involved in the daily mix, see you around. :]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He means to avoid the "F" word by putting a "@" in place of the "U", just spell it normally and it will put a "****" there automatically.

And I'd rather not have to pay mone for this game, plus, it would violate copyrights, becasue they would need to buy a liciense to make a DBZ game and need a much larger team to make it a full game, which won't be happening.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks dude i put the @ coze it looks better than ****** :talk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom