Some web pages don't load. Why?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Just curious. But some web pages won't load for me. And by web pages, I mean www.warcraftmovies.com and by some I mean that's the only one. Anyone know why that might be? Works for everyone else D:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Clear cookies. DO IT!
Wouldn't matter, I tried on three different web browsers, 2 of which I haven't used in forever. But I'll give it a shot anyway.

Yup, didn't work. Tried on Chrome, IE, and Firefox so far. Nadda =/

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. If you use a proxy, that one may be blocked from the site, so I doubt it.
2. Open up the command prompt and tracert the site. It won't tell you why you can't access it, but it can tell you if a hop between you and the site isn't working and that's a possible cause.

Other than that, I've got nothin for you. First thought when you posted was the conflicker worm, but I doubt it if that's the only site that's not loading and I know you're probably up to date with virus scanning software.. The conflicker only blocks Microsoft, Symantec, and other related sites anyway.

So yeah, at least try tracing the route.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
1. If you use a proxy, that one may be blocked from the site, so I doubt it.
2. Open up the command prompt and tracert the site. It won't tell you why you can't access it, but it can tell you if a hop between you and the site isn't working and that's a possible cause.

Other than that, I've got nothin for you. First thought when you posted was the conflicker worm, but I doubt it if that's the only site that's not loading and I know you're probably up to date with virus scanning software.. The conflicker only blocks Microsoft, Symantec, and other related sites anyway.

So yeah, at least try tracing the route.
I have done a tracert before. And honestly, when I did it, I looked at it like a deer looks at an on coming truck. Really; I wouldn't know what any of it meant, but thanks anyway guys D:

:EDIT: I just tried a proxy, site works fine. Wtf? Maybe I should call my ISP?

Last edited:
The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tracert pings each of the points the information your computer must pass through to get to its destination three times. Kind of a like a ping on steroids. You'd just be looking for nodes that don't respond and just time out, signified by asterisks.

EDIT: Weird. Yeah, I'd either contact your ISP or email one of the admins of that site to see what's up.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Tracert pings each of the points the information your computer must pass through to get to its destination three times. Kind of a like a ping on steroids. You'd just be looking for nodes that don't respond and just time out, signified by asterisks.

EDIT: Weird. Yeah, I'd either contact your ISP or email one of the admins of that site to see what's up.
Yeah, I'll probably call my ISP tomorrow to see what's up. If they do what I bet they'll do, I'll probably just contact warcraftmovies or something. Thanks though :eek:

I might change the subject a tad, but for the time being, anyone know any good proxy servers? The one I used to get warcraftmovies working was just terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom