Some tasting for the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Force Pit Member
Best answers
The other problem you have with this idea is raw footage is huge in source. When converting footage from a demo to a live recording, it isn't always the most practical to do. Not to mention the time span of how often they would be doing it. When working on Goldeneye: Source, it takes a lot of time to put together a video even when you don't want it to be something special. Possibly if you have someone on the team that WANTS to do it instead of HAVING to do it, then yeah. Normally though, this seems to draw away from development in general. All I am saying is being a developer and beta tester for mods, its not easiest thing to do. Though of course, I love to see footage of their hard work. :)
They can still just directly record it using a normal PC recorder program like Fraps. No converting or anything.

Best answers
They can still just directly record it using a normal PC recorder program like Fraps. No converting or anything.
This is true, though have you recorded with fraps? Videos are huge beyond belief...potential eating up a ton of bandwidth and time which many ISPs/people don't have.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
This is true, though have you recorded with fraps? Videos are huge beyond belief...potential eating up a ton of bandwidth and time which many ISPs/people don't have.
There are more programs available.
There are file formats which take much less space.
Internet is very fast now a days. Even a big file can be upload relatively quickly with some good (not excellent) speed.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Deco. There are a lot of possibilities. It's just a matter of wanting to do it.

Best answers
I agree with Deco. There are a lot of possibilities. It's just a matter of wanting to do it.
There are possibilities, and as I said in my first post most of it is a matter of wanting to do it. I would love to see it as well, don't get me wrong, but unless someone has an urge to do it, I don't see a person going through the trouble of setting it up. Who knows though, there are those crazy video editors out there that might be up for the task. More power to em. :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then film something different from "simple melee hit"
It's possible. You guys have already made a couple of videos like that. Those vids were awesome.
I think people just want some more of it. Why not? I mean... why not?
If you are talking about the vids like the 2013 trailer, then know that that thing took round a month to put together.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Actually, even if it is only 3 mins, you can just start recording the moment you start fighting each other.

Like, you start to play, you test all the shitty animations darktooth does for example:)heart:) , then, when you finish, you say - okay lets fight for 3 mins and record it.

That is it, you just upload this raw unedited 3 mins duel/3 way/gangbang between some testers.

basically it is like me getting in 1.2.3, fighting for someone for 3 mins, record it, exit game, upload. Simple

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, even if it is only 3 mins, you can just start recording the moment you start fighting each other.

Like, you start to play, you test all the shitty animations darktooth does for example:)heart:) , then, when you finish, you say - okay lets fight for 3 mins and record it.

That is it, you just upload this raw unedited 3 mins duel/3 way/gangbang between some testers.

basically it is like me getting in 1.2.3, fighting for someone for 3 mins, record it, exit game, upload. Simple

Heh well well see how things go. But i must warn you. I suck donkyballs and cant hit for shit (not that the off center HUD helps with that ^^)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Heh well well see how things go. But i must warn you. I suck donkyballs and cant hit for shit (not that the off center HUD helps with that ^^)
Finally ill see Grega noob it! (I just want to see you fail, this whole idea was me conspiring against you!)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Kinda wish I was still on the beta team now. Was fun on those sunday nights. Even more so now we can record them.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Thank you!
That just shows you kids, if a retard like me gets a suggestion through, you can do anything!

Now I am so curious..

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you!
That just shows you kids, if a retard like me gets a suggestion through, you can do anything!

Now I am so curious..
I was already working on it before I saw this thread.

I had one uploaded but there's a bug in it that's super embarrassing for Raven and Ryo :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I was already working on it before I saw this thread.

I had one uploaded but there's a bug in it that's super embarrassing for Raven and Ryo :p
Looking forward to it, besides the visual improvements and the older vids I don't really know what to expect gameplay wise.

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sry for late response.
I didn't mean the trailer, but 2 vids of gameplay (around 8 min each)

And i realize it takes alot of time. I didnt ask you to do it every week. Even 1 more time would help the situation. For now.

I see now. New video is already being worked on. Nice.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
So deverz, any estimates on when it is gonna get posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom