Some tasting for the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Force Pit Member
Best answers
So I remember a suggestion back in the day, I think I talked to the almighty uber penis Grega about it.

Why, once a week, when the ESF Beta testersrs play, they will just record a demo of their first 10 mins playing it. (no need to edit, 10 mins raw material) and upload it on youtube.

Even with the bugs, people just want to see you guys melee and the noobs want to see how big the beam struggles are.

It won't take much from you since you only record 10 mins, stop recording and upload to youtube(of doom).

Why I think you shouldn't be aloof to this suggestion? Because I seriously think this could keep the interest alive in the game. People who might get bored and leave the forums without some taste and teasing, won't anymore cause they will have a weekly 10 mins play to look forward to.

If you are gonna excuse it by saying "people will see the bugs and it will drive them away from the game" - I say no. why? because people understand that its still work in progress and they are too eager to watch melee and beams they will just skip the video to the next good thing. they will "edit" the video themselves while viewing it

As far as I see it:
1) You will play AT LEAST 10 mins of the game a week anyhow(no extra time there).
2) Just activate record demo in console or use some kind of a recording program.
3) record first 10 mins.
4) upload the raw, unedited video to youtube.

easy as that.

So ESF team, give us a reason why this is a horrible/impractical idea?

Last edited:
Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I like this idea a lot, I think it would help boost interest in the mod as well.
As long as it's cool with Raven I wouldn't mind doing that at all.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While i would love to see that happening something tells me it won't. At least not on those exact terms anyway.
This is the kind of situation when i wish to be proven wrong though. I really hope that the devs (not only Raven) consider something like this.

Best answers
wow that would be awesome :D
and i have a question!!
why would they say no to that suggestion? i mean, it wont take that long to make a three minutes video o_o

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is really good idea what do you say dev team ??
It's will make alot of new fans and make fans stay till release for sure !!!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10 minutes might be a bit too much. These videos are supposed to be teasers of sorts, so something like 2-3 minutes would work well, especially if there has to be one every week. It also makes the deed more plausible.

Ofcourse, it will be all at the discretion of the developers.

Best answers
i think every week is too much.
first lets start low. let them decide if they will make any video or not, then they can make one video every month or so

Best answers
man i just want to see some beta testers/dev team fight each other for a few minutes, that's all.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
10 minutes might be a bit too much. These videos are supposed to be teasers of sorts, so something like 2-3 minutes would work well, especially if there has to be one every week. It also makes the deed more plausible.

Ofcourse, it will be all at the discretion of the developers.
I agree. Video length of 2-3 minutes, twice a month sounds like a plan to me (if once a week sounds to demanding to the devs).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I guess all we are waiting for now is some of the major developers to come, reply and state their opinion and what is going to happen..

Where are you Grega my <3 ?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the first 10 minutes usually look like this.

OK guys we have this to test...

Does it work...

Do it again and again untill you get it right.

Its the equivalent of someone in 1.2.3 doing nothing but swoop + simple melee hit for 10 minutes.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well the first 10 minutes usually look like this.

OK guys we have this to test...

Does it work...

Do it again and again untill you get it right.

Its the equivalent of someone in 1.2.3 doing nothing but swoop + simple melee hit for 10 minutes.
You can compare it to random pre-release gameplay videos from other games, anything keeps the tension and fans going. I'm OK with this idea, but as others say 2-3 minutes and clipping it into a few short clips would be a decent idea imo.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
This idea could work, when the foundation has been worked out! :) Hope the devs thinks that as well ^^

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Then film something different from "simple melee hit"
It's possible. You guys have already made a couple of videos like that. Those vids were awesome.
I think people just want some more of it. Why not? I mean... why not?

Best answers
The other problem you have with this idea is raw footage is huge in source. When converting footage from a demo to a live recording, it isn't always the most practical to do. Not to mention the time span of how often they would be doing it. When working on Goldeneye: Source, it takes a lot of time to put together a video even when you don't want it to be something special. Possibly if you have someone on the team that WANTS to do it instead of HAVING to do it, then yeah. Normally though, this seems to draw away from development in general. All I am saying is being a developer and beta tester for mods, its not easiest thing to do. Though of course, I love to see footage of their hard work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom