some questions about the 1.2 outline

Best answers
9 way blending i think has something to do with the new aura O.O

Best answers
It might be someting to do with the way textures are blended?

Best answers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 9 way blending is the way models are animated.

I think it started with CounterStrike where the arms/torso could move independently of the legs. It allows for more life like animation.

Ian

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by The Faulty
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 9 way blending is the way models are animated.

I think it started with CounterStrike where the arms/torso could move independently of the legs. It allows for more life like animation.

Ian
CORRECT! :yes:

Best answers
Originally posted by Vertigo
and what is pumping PS?
i think its when you press a button (or whatever tyhey make it) and it drains a lot of KI to push a lot harder in the beam struggle. They do it in the show, they will be in a power struggle and they suddenly surge their beam. This will be cool!

Best answers
hopefully thats what it is :). gohan did it like 10000 times to cell

Best answers
i just hope pumping only really benifits the loser, caus if the person thats winning can do it, well, the loser will go kaboom in alot less time, thats just my idea personally. just to keep PS's close, and (better) have some skill to PS'ing not just holding 1 button (but 1 button is better then clicking, dam scripters)

Best answers
whats wall jumping? you can beam jump off a wall what more you want lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Vegeta420
whats wall jumping? you can beam jump off a wall what more you want lol
Watch the earlier sagas of DBZ is all I can (and need to) say :devgrin:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
i think its when you press a button (or whatever tyhey make it) and it drains a lot of KI to push a lot harder in the beam struggle. They do it in the show, they will be in a power struggle and they suddenly surge their beam. This will be cool!
Something along those lines...

Since I'm in typing class (***...), i'll give a nice explination of 9 way blending...

Okay, 9 way blending is exactly what it sounds like, NINE blends. In regular half-life each regular "shooting" animation has 2 animations. A look up animation, and a look down animation. To twist the torso the "controllers" in the spine bones were manipulated in the code... In basic terms, coders can easily change the yaw on 4 different points of the spine.

Now, 9 way blending... First we throw those controller bones out of the window, no need to use them. 9 way blending uses 9 different animation for a single animation. Now, you might be asking "What the hell, how do you use 9 different animations in a single animation?"
Simple... This is the list of animations

Animation 1 = Character looking in the upper left
Animation 2 = Character looking upwards
Animation 3 = Character looking in the upper right
Animation 4 = Character looking left
Animation 5 = Character looking center
Animation 6 = Character looking right
Animation 7 = Character looking in the lower left
Animation 8 = Character looking downwards
Animation 9 = Character looking in the lower right

Using something called "SLERP" (Spherical Linear Interpolation.. Or something like that :)), and some spiffy coding, you can blend multiple animations depending on the angles of the players, creating much more realistic animations...
Example: You're in idle, you look to the upper left. Depending on the animation, the characters head will actually look to the upper left, along with a slight twist in the arms / torso.

Ontop of that, since we aren't using the controller bones in the spine, we can use the 4 controller bones for our own needs...
Example - Put one in his pants and make him pop a boner every time he does a kamehameha, becomming larger as your PL increases (controlled in the code).

Before you guys start saying "I DONT WANT ESF TO BE DELAYED FOR CODE TO BLEND DES L33TZ0RS ANIMATIONS", it's no problem, Counterstrike released the 9 way blending code. I got it working in my other mod in a couple hours :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe

Example - Put one in his pants and make him pop a boner every time he does a kamehameha, becomming larger as your PL increases (controlled in the code).
hahaha. Joseph! you couldn't think of a less lude example?

:rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe

LOL!! i hope your not really gonna do that....anyway it sounds real cool....i cant wait to see it ingame.

(*oh and sorry about tackling you be4 :p*)

*edit*
Damn Evil_Trunks...you said it seconds be4 i did....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
It sure as hell better not be. It should be like when you beam struggle in the super nintendo games: you have to tap the attack button and whoever presses it faster is the one who's winning.... God I hope it's like that. At the moment, it stil mostly depends on power level.

Best answers
thank you all for your input this has been very informative.

It should be like when you beam struggle in the super nintendo games: you have to tap the attack button and whoever presses it faster is the one who's winning....
and may the best scripter win if that is ever implemented.

Best answers
hahaha yeah right, there should be some kind of tactics implemented in winning struggles

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hey, tapping the attack button is alot better than pressing a button to make ki pop out of nowhere and go in.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The ki doesnt pop out of nowhere......it comes from your ki pool.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sinkaro
At the moment, it stil mostly depends on power level.
Yeh, how terrible that a POWER struggle depends on your POWER level. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom