Best answers
Hi...

don't think this is some kind of n00b-post... it isn't (so do I hope ;) )

I've just tested the beta 1 and I love this mod. Cause I'm mapping since 3 years, I thought why not make a map for esf ?
The first striking thing I found ist that the player size is really small (about 16 units I think) but I think this is wanted.

So I started to map and built some doors, which had a height of min. 32 units. Because your player_start point entities are really small, I thought it would fit. It should fit. In game, the player was as big as in the editor, but it was like a kind of flying over the floor (fly mode was not activated) and I tried to walk through one of the doors. I couldn't because the player size (I don't know how to describe) was standard half-life size, only the player model in it was smaller. At all there didn't fit anything.

another striking thing was that I placed info_player_start and info_player_deathmatch on my map. When I spawned, I just couldn't move. One klick on the [R]-Key let me get out of it.

Then I tried to use clip brushes in my map. I don't know if this doesn't work correctly because of your code or because of my compilers (I didn't have any compile-error).

I hope that you are able to understand my problems. I'm sorry for wrong spelling or grammar - I'm german...
thanks for help

-LeJean-

Best answers
sorry for having postet into the wrong board...

btw another thing i found is that not every enemy or friend is displayed in my scouter. okay, it's right that not everyone can be on my scouter at everytime. but when i'm standing right in front of someone, i just can't see him in (or on ?) my scouter

edit: and is it wanted that my player model is displayed a lot bigger than the other player models ? when i'm standing in front of e.g. cell, and i'm trunks, he just reaches me up to the knees o_O

-LeJean-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you have got a hull problem if i understand your problem right.
You need to include the hull file when you are compiling the map to fix the high walk problem

Best answers
Thanks...

i'll try to include the hull file while compiling (i've never used a hull file, so i thought it could have another reason, because every other map (mapped by me) didn't need a hull file. But it's mod-specific, isn't it ?)

-LeJean-

Best answers
Compile the Hull file with your map and it will get rid of the player floating...It adjusts the players positon for the 1/4 scale down.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
try to compile with the hullfile, like the others already said ... if u cant fix the prob with that, contact me on icq or aim (im getman 2 ^_^ .. so i maybe can explain it to u a lil more detailled ^_^)

Best answers
another question

another question not concerning mapping:

when i'm playing esf lan game with the esf bot, the bot is really stupid.
the AI players are shooting every other player, belonging to my team or the other. They do not load the full power of one attack and they don't reload their power. They don't use their beans (?)...
i know this problem is about the bot source. but perhaps someone can fix it or tell the bot coder to fix it :D

thx
-LeJean-

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bots are alpha, and don't recognize teams. If you use bots go in free for all, or else they shoot everyone anyways. New bots should be on the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom