Some of my ideas for ESF

Best answers
ESF=This would be cool

I sow some videos that esf team posted....I am pretty impresed how the turned "a mod that loks like bid for power " into really good game,
PC game developers should be jelous to this mod because this is "Dragonball tenkaichi 4 for ps2,but PC version "....
I played long time ago Dbzbt1,2 and 3...raging blast and burst limit I sow on youtube and I have few ideas....like when player goes with "hamehameha,galic gun"..."hamehameha" it is too bright....if I am not wrong it is made like in Dbzbt2
How about when somone joins a server everyone stops and it shows an animation with character that joined and when somone leaves it shows the animation that he went avay...(There should be few animations for every character)....
When one of the players is almost dead you could add a song ,and when he is alive you could add an animation like someone gave him that seed that restores life...
You could add some people watching and cherring up teams...and to make it like there is some other normal humans in some towns(but they would need to look like the characters-nice but normal;but not a paper with people drown on it).....(This is the thing that NOONE Dragonball game have)
You know when someone activates the dragon the sky goes dark and then you could add an animation or a voice of characters talking about it like(Hey someone is using dragonballs, or I must hurry to become imortall...)
I dont know if you changed the charcter chosing menu but it was very good idea,but now if we see all those upgrades to characters and stages,we should see menu upgrades too....Did you mentioned how many characters do you now have;Here you can post images if anyone wants...This sounds silly but what about a animation or video when you play game in one map then you chose ex:namek and it shows how you are flying there or if you are goku you just teleport there...Another one....in any of other dragonball games I didnt see any fishes or beasts in the water(When I was reading posts in the forum I sow a post in which said "Esf is trying to be one of the kind,to be different from other dragonball games and mods")
You could create toons of maps where Trunks been with his time machine...(It doesnt need to be true-places from anime...but it does need to be in one way different from other places-if it is the same it will be boring;but in other way it need to be like this maps because noone wants a map that is like a map in dbzbt3 what if saga-devilman vs freeza and his folowers-too dark)
Another silly idea is that when you kick player to fly it shows some animation or camera goes with it and when he falls on the ground the camera is returning to player that kicked it...
This is enough for today I hope you will read it till the end....and say what you think....:confused:

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you played ESF before?

With that i mean the 1.2.3 version or earlier.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then Explain How esf is like bid for power

Best answers
I was like "bid for power" but modificated in a good sense,and now it is a lot better....
ESF

Bid for power

Last edited:
Best answers
I know this is realy hard to do,but the mod is at high level now and you should think about adding some news in it....or.....create a singleplayer mod....You said that you want to be different from other games;but do you realy want to be a game that has only multiplayer mode....What if someone doesnt have good enough internet but he wants to play the game:What would you sugest to him:pay for better internet...move yourself to other place where internet conection is better?I dont intend to be rude....that isnt my intencion....
I am just pist of when I see such beautifull videos ;because they didnt relesed the game yet....it look way better that esf 1.2.3.........

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats besides tha point as ESF alpha was quite similar to BFP in its play stile.

The reason i asked you if you played ESF before is because you said its like Tenkaichi 4. If you even played a little bit of ESF you would know that they are nothing alike and never will be. Saying ESF is like tenkaichi 4 is like saying that Half Life is like Street Fighter.

Now in the quote ill answer your suggestions. The things in red are the answers.

I played long time ago Dbzbt1,2 and 3...raging blast and burst limit I sow on youtube and I have few ideas....like when player goes with "hamehameha,galic gun"..."hamehameha" it is too bright....if I am not wrong it is made like in Dbzbt2

What exactly do you mean by "To bright"?

How about when somone joins a server everyone stops and it shows an animation with character that joined and when somone leaves it shows the animation that he went avay...(There should be few animations for every character)....

No. ESF is a fast paced action game. Pausing the server just cause someone joins/leaves is not gonna happen as it is anoying for the players currently in the server.

When one of the players is almost dead you could add a song ,and when he is alive you could add an animation like someone gave him that seed that restores life...

Im no fan of adding special songs to the game as they interrupt the sounds from my opponents and if im listening to MP3s it gets all mixed up with what i want to hear.

You could add some people watching and cherring up teams...and to make it like there is some other normal humans in some towns(but they would need to look like the characters-nice but normal;but not a paper with people drown on it).....(This is the thing that NOONE Dragonball game have)

This is not a fighter. No cheering crowds. And if you want people who look as good as the characters to walk round towns, then you better buy the best computer on the planet so you can run the game at the lowest possible settings.

You know when someone activates the dragon the sky goes dark and then you could add an animation or a voice of characters talking about it like(Hey someone is using dragonballs, or I must hurry to become imortall...)

ESF is not ECX. What you described is ECX. Our CTDB gamemode will be a fight betwean 2 teams to gather the dragonballs, where only 1 person on each team can actually carry them. When all dragonballs are together, the team who got them will get a vote for what wish they want. And the entire team will benefit from the wish, not just 1 player.

I dont know if you changed the charcter chosing menu but it was very good idea,but now if we see all those upgrades to characters and stages,we should see menu upgrades too....

The character selection screen is currently work in progress. It is not finished and probably will change later.

Did you mentioned how many characters do you now have;Here you can post images if anyone wants...

We have 11 characters. Buu, Goku, Gohan, Cell, Krillin, Frieza, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18 (buddy system transformations with 17 and 16) and Ginyu (buddy system with the entire Ginyu force). Those 11 are the selectable characters. The buddies are not selectable, but can be activated by transforming.

This sounds silly but what about a animation or video when you play game in one map then you chose ex:namek and it shows how you are flying there or if you are goku you just teleport there...

Such custom loading screens are not possible with Half Life 1

Another one....in any of other dragonball games I didnt see any fishes or beasts in the water(When I was reading posts in the forum I sow a post in which said "Esf is trying to be one of the kind,to be different from other dragonball games and mods")

ESF Animal AI news update. Read that

You could create toons of maps where Trunks been with his time machine...(It doesnt need to be true-places from anime...but it does need to be in one way different from other places-if it is the same it will be boring;but in other way it need to be like this maps because noone wants a map that is like a map in dbzbt3 what if saga-devilman vs freeza and his folowers-too dark)

Our mappers are free to choose to do anything they want as long as it can be integrated into the world of DBZ. Even if it was not in the servers. Its the mappers decision what he makes.

Another silly idea is that when you kick player to fly it shows some animation or camera goes with it and when he falls on the ground the camera is returning to player that kicked it...

If with that you mean the person who hits the other guy has to watch a close up of how his target is falling, then no. That would be an obstruction of ESFs fast gameplay
This is enough for today I hope you will read it till the end....and say what you think....
And there is what i think.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In response to your suggestions;

1) If animations were played when characters joined the server for everyone, it'd disrupt gameplay slightly. Imagine how annoying it would be if someone kept reconnecting?

2) Sound plays quite a role in ESF, you can normally hear people swooping at you. If music played when you were low on health, it'd make it even tougher to stay alive. Respawn animations aren't really necessary either, DT's got a lot on his plate anyway ^^.

3) Modeled crowds are up to the mappers. Remember, if a map has a crowd with 50 people in it, there have to be 50 extra models. These could cause FPS issues if they're not low-poly.

4) The dragon stuff sounds OK. It might be an issue if we have 10 Goku's all shouting a different phrase after the dragon appears.

5) Don't worry about the character select screen :p.

6) Trust the mappers, what I've seen so far is amazing. Who knows what else is on its way?

Best answers
Let me think about what you said I will answer to it later....:D

Best answers
Here are the answers: [video=youtube;sihvGpKWZjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sihvGpKWZjU[/video]
What exactly do you mean by "To bright"? Watch this [video=youtube;dMcuUsCyy0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcuUsCyy0w&feature=player_embedded...ESF-look[/video] at 0:30 from the end....
Grega:No. ESF is a fast paced action game. Pausing the server just cause someone joins/leaves is not gonna happen as it is anoying for the players currently in the server.
Im no fan of adding special songs to the game as they interrupt the sounds from my opponents and if im listening to MP3s it gets all mixed up with what i want to hear.
Answer:Did you think of making another server where players wont get anoyed with pausing the server...if only few players play on that server....remove it....
Grega:his is not a fighter. No cheering crowds. And if you want people who look as good as the characters to walk round towns, then you better buy the best computer on the planet so you can run the game at the lowest possible settings.
Answer:What about adding some hidden places in which you get some bonuses and some story about dragonball....?
Are you working on some other characters that are not in the list?
I saw that you made a scouter that vegeta uses for searching,but you could add how goku does it....I dont remember the name...
Dokutayuu:If animations were played when characters joined the server for everyone, it'd disrupt gameplay slightly. Imagine how annoying it would be if someone kept reconnecting?
Answer:You can just add a time limiter about 5 min and when 5 min times up you can join....it is not a good idea but....
Dokutayuu:The dragon stuff sounds OK. It might be an issue if we have 10 Goku's all shouting a different phrase after the dragon appears
Answer:Then just random choose one of theese gokus....

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing in the video is not a kamehameha. Its a power struggle with a kamehameha. The attack itself is not to different from the first video, but when beams colide you get a flash.

Regarding the server pausing. Not possible. Its not a serverside thing. Its either all or none. This is half life after all.

Regarding the hidden areas. Thats up to the mappers what they do with the maps. Weather they include some sprites showing moments from dragonball or sprites showing little pink men dance is totally up to them. If they even choose to put in easter eggs in the first place.

No we are not working on any other characters that are not on the list.

The scouter is the ingame replacement of the counter strike radar. Its an inconsistency with the series but does its job. So i doubt well be adding stuff like sensing which is hard to implement in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom