Some of my current work

Best answers
Hey everyone,

I've not seen this section so silent in a long time, So I thought I would post some work of mine. I welcome all comments about how I can improve :) so feel free to help me out (been a while since I posted some of my work).

I'm trying to improve as much as I can over summer as I will be going back to Uni as a 2nd year Computer games Modelling and Animation student working on the Unreal 3 engine so any tips will help me improve :).

First up:

Illidan Stormrage

I started this model at the end of june and I have been stopping and starting like mad on him. Right now I'm working on the arms/hands/neck areas to clean them up a bit and make them look a bit more natural. Some other areas need fixing, like the 6 pack, I will be sorting that out once I fix the arms.

Wireframe:

-----------------

Next:

We have a Warhammer 40k Space Marine, I started working on this the other day when I was bored and saw my Dad working downstairs painting some of his Space Marines, So I thought I'd give it a go (again) and build another one.

Its not finished yet, I want to alot of detail to the model and see how far I can go with it till I get bored. Currently blocking out some basic hands, then I can get to work on modelling some good looking hands/fingers.

Wireframe:

------------------

Landscape:

Well, I've been hooked on World of Warcraft since July 2005 (kinda lame that I remember the day I made my account... :/ ) And I love the looks of the snowy mountain range that Ironforge is built in and so I decided I would make this... Kinda pointless but fun none the less :p

------------------

Polycounts for Illidan and the space marine can be found in the wireframe viewport screenshots.

Let me know what you think, As soon as I do more I will update here. Or create a new threat with some new models in the future :)

Hope you like them!

Glode

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Collapse the two edges at the start of Illidan's hair:

Except that, it's all great from my POV.

Best answers
Good to see some activity in the models section :)
About that Stormrage model:
- He seems to be wearing shoulderpads,and as far as i know he doesnt wear any.
- I wouldn't extrude the start of his hair at all,with a texture you could get it more round and natural looking
- You got alot of wasted poly's on his body.
- His neck should be more curved on the sides.
- Does he have real wings or only those sticks? otherwise you could save alot of poly's on his wings,by making it one plane that you could alpha map.

Keep working on it

Best answers
Hey :)

The model hasnt been attached and welded yet, right now its just cloned on one side, so there will be a streak of polys that will be removed once I get to that stage :)

Thanks for pointing out the pec problem, Normally I do round them off.. dunno why I didnt this time lol.

I made the shoulders like that so I can tone them out correctly when I take it over to Zbrush - However I will edit it slightly and round them off.

The hair is a seperate model, again not attached to the head right now. I made it this was So I can use the Hair and Fur tool in 3Ds Max 9 when it comes to the final render.

The shoulders and neck area are getting worked on now to make them more correct to human anatomy.

With alot of my models I build a base area to shape it out, then fix it up as I go along :)

Illidan Has wings, but right now those "sticks" are there as a place holder untill I get around to making them, I will most likely use some transparent texture on the wings. So not much to worry about there just yet, but its a good thing you noticed ^^

Keep the comments coming and I should hopefully have an update in a few days.

Glode

Best answers
it kinda looks like he is sucking his mouth in, id say give him some cheeks

what are the things coming off beside his neck?? are they pieces of hair or something else??

i dont know much about warhammer so i cant really comment on it but it looks good

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, good to know people are still using my decrepid old tutorial for their torso's and arms xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol I was thinking of doing a sculpt of him this week or at least his head and horns

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, good to know people are still using my decrepid old tutorial for their torso's and arms xD
is time for make new !!becouse the images can see and other make other please,now you have more skills for make one better

Best answers
Lol, you taught me a hell of alot of stuff in 3Ds max. So big thank you for that :)

The mouth isnt sunk in, its how Illidans face is (or similar to it) and those strands are temp hair so I know where to put it later :)

I'm thinking of remaking the body and arms, they are bugging me and I know I can do them with like half the polys used.

Keep the comments coming :) updates soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom