Some inspiration from Raging Blast

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I did just see a trailer from the upcoming PS3 & 360 game "Dragon Ball Raging Blast"

I thought some of the things they showed during the Tokyo game show trailer was interesting enough to bring up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09-dragon-ball/56662

(1). Characters with the ability to extend their arms!
Buu for example as seen in the video bellow is able to extend his arms this gives him an unique play style as players actually can stay somewhat away and still be able to reach with his arms.
This could also be something you could use to push your enemies away in order to get an opportunity to make a more devastating move. I think this is an awesome way to give the characters a different feeling to them when playing.
(around 1 minute into the clip)

(2). Battle teleport.
This is something like when you have won a swoop towards the character and you enemy is falling helpless throw the air, then you get the ability to follow up "Hit the punch button" and you will directly teleport either behind or above your target for making a second move.
I think this would increase your feeling of close combat and make it easier to continue your battle than when you just have to follow him throw the entire map.
(around 4:20 into the clip)

(3). The last thing is purely graphical.
They have a demonstration of a city map around 7 minutes into the clip,
What I'm pointing towards are the reflecting windows, something that should be possible with the teams new shading technology. I have been taking a look at the current city map you are building and can't really get over the shockingly blue windows ^^
(around 7:20 into the clip)

Anyway this is just a few ideas I have that i think might help increase the overall playing experience of ESF Final, I'm really a big fan of the team and what they have done.

So now everyone let's discuss this and maybe find some more interesting things to point out do it!!!

"I reserve myself for misspellings, incorrect grammar and so on"

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can either swoop-hit or teleport-hit in 1.2.3. If player is falling and you're still able to hit him, you can swoop+teleport and hit him. I think it doesn't need any changes.

The extending arms should be interesting IMO. That could be an additional attack or secondary melee attack. Like if you're 10 meters away from your opponent and you know he's gonna run if you swoop towards him, just grab him with your arms. That would be nice.

Breaking windows would be even more awesome but there's so many windows in that map that it would most likely take forever to do. I guess the same goes for reflecting windows.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Indeed you have had the technology for quite some time now ^^

You can either swoop-hit or teleport-hit in 1.2.3. If player is falling and you're still able to hit him, you can swoop+teleport and hit him. I think it doesn't need any changes.
Example: when you beat someone flying and you just hit teleport to transport behind him and then beat him to the ground.

I thought it could be a good way of coming closer to your opponent to teleport when they are flying uncontrolled, in order to make the battle more fast paced.
mash him to the ground he will stop flying and you can continue your battle.

On the extended arms part
I think for example Piccolo could his extended arms to grab enemies and drag them close inorder to give them a real beating,
while buu just can beat up/push people away at long range in order to keep the distance.

Things like this is good as it makes the characters ground mechanics work differently witch also makes all characters play styles a whole new level of depth.

I got a new suggestion on a map ^^

Broken city -- city map that has been totally demolished ;)

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
auto teleport behind the player?... that is a silly idea...

<_O

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The auto teleport behind maneouver was in ECX - and it was total s**t. That defeats the entire freedom of ESF in exchange for Arcade training wheels.

The entire point with ESF is the art of flying and teleporting so that you can maneouver how you wish.

Oh and DT, you seem more like an OVERFIEND to me.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed you have had the technology for quite some time now ^^

Example: when you beat someone flying and you just hit teleport to transport behind him and then beat him to the ground.

I thought it could be a good way of coming closer to your opponent to teleport when they are flying uncontrolled, in order to make the battle more fast paced.
mash him to the ground he will stop flying and you can continue your battle.

On the extended arms part
I think for example Piccolo could his extended arms to grab enemies and drag them close inorder to give them a real beating,
while buu just can beat up/push people away at long range in order to keep the distance.

Things like this is good as it makes the characters ground mechanics work differently witch also makes all characters play styles a whole new level of depth.

I got a new suggestion on a map ^^

Broken city -- city map that has been totally demolished ;)
Extending arms is a no go. ESF is to fast paced for that. Believe it or not but the gamespeed of ESF is way over that of any console DBZ game. Would make stretching arms useless since you are faster with swoop. Not to mention ESF got rid of the ide of real time melee for multiplayer gameplay reasons. Making it easier to actually hit a target moving at that speed. Not to mention you are crossing over a 2D fighter with a FPS just cause they have the same theme.

They dont mix well. You can have either 1 system or the other. And i know that Raging Blast is fully 3D, but the gameplay mechanics are that of a 2D fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom