Some ideas to check out

Force Pit Member
Best answers
1) Kamehameha Wave
I think the sprite of some of the waves (not just kameha) should be less like a line and 2 balls on each end like this, O-----------O
I think it should be more of some kind of energy exploding from your waves as a repeating wave. And I also think in the higher forms, some of the beams should get bigger but because if theres a wide spread of damage to the players near it like in EVM, that should be canceled, just doing the sprites bigger (and if also the explosion sprite lags than only the beam sprite, still something)

For you to understand the idea I found an example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBc_QSzrdQ go to the last minute sorta, Gohan launches a super kameha so notice how the wave is made (Of course I am not expecting for a PS2 quality but the same idea)

2) Middle PS Transform
There should be a possibility to transform in the middle of a PS or a BS (Block Struggle) if you have a perfect form to give you another advantage when turbo isn't enough and should be used as a tie breaker, but the ki consumption of the trans in PS should be high (around 1/3) so it wont abuse.

3) Beam block animation
The animation of blocking should touch the ball like in the series
and not crossing hands.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToEIyfleY8
minutes 3:25 - 4:10

4) Turbo charge ambiance
When you turbo charge it should have the same effect as powerup (I mean like rocks flying and dust is spreading, I suggest even more drastic than the powerup)

5) Transforming idea
This is an idea for transforming: I remember in 1.2 there was 3 transformation animations. Example with goku: first transformation: was on his 1.75 mil PL, he had lightnings around him, then he got second transform: that happened about 300K more and the animation was different,(as long as you got more PL the less time to transform) it was just a golden aura spinning around him and when he got to 5 mil he was perfect trans, which means no animation although I count it to the third animation. And you were not vulnerable during the transformation process.

What I am saying compared to the 1.2 transformation system is: to keep the idea of first transform, (like goku and his lightning, no changes on how to transform) then when he get the second transform you need to use turbo charge to your max powerlevel that you can and then after you charged it all you press your "ascend button", the aura of the charged turbo start switching colors from white to gold like a fluorescent light. (He remains at the same pose like when you powerup, it will look very cool if you get my idea of "turbo charge rocks and dust idea") And thelast complete transformation should be like in the series when they have about 0.7 sec of waiting time till the end of the transformation (could be nice if turbo aura stayed there until the player cancel it, but that is for the big guns to decide). You should be vulnerable to attacks because there is lots of people who is it in a middle of a melee, although in the other hand there is the noob trans killers so im not sure, k that is not my call. The transformation idea with the powerup should go to all of the transformation levels if they are not perfect yet.

6)Super aura block special for Block struggle
Its simple, while in a block struggle you click both left and right mouse buttons only when your aura is activated, then the aura goes in front of the beam and swats it if its close enough to the middle. Note: if the PL differences is too big this will hardly make a difference so it should be only as a tie breaker. This will take a lot of ki, probably 1/3 ki bar.

This video will explain everything - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToEIyfleY8
minute 3:25 - 4:10 NOTICE GOHAN

7) Its nice that you can vaporize an enemy now with a strong beam BUT it need to continue passing him like in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBc_QSzrdQ - its on the last minute

Note: On paragraph 3, 5 and 6 its the same video. I didn't included the video in paragraph 2 because Gohan's transformation was forced and that is why only perfect form can do it.

Thats all folks (loony toones sound)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1) Kamehameha Wave
I think the sprite of some of the waves (not just kameha) should be less like a line and 2 balls on each end like this, O-----------O
I think it should be more of some kind of energy exploding from your waves as a repeating wave. And I also think in the higher forms, some of the beams should get bigger but because if theres a wide spread of damage to the players near it like in EVM, that should be canceled, just doing the sprites bigger (and if also the explosion sprite lags than only the beam sprite, still something)

For you to understand the idea I found an example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBc_QSzrdQ go to the last minute sorta, Gohan launches a super kameha so notice how the wave is made (Of course I am not expecting for a PS2 quality but the same idea)

2) Middle PS Transform
There should be a possibility to transform in the middle of a PS or a BS (Block Struggle) if you have a perfect form to give you another advantage when turbo isn't enough and should be used as a tie breaker, but the ki consumption of the trans in PS should be high (around 1/3) so it wont abuse.

3) Beam block animation
The animation of blocking should touch the ball like in the series
and not crossing hands.

minutes 3:25 - 4:10

4) Turbo charge ambiance
When you turbo charge it should have the same effect as powerup (I mean like rocks flying and dust is spreading, I suggest even more drastic than the powerup)

5) Transforming idea
This is an idea for transforming: I remember in 1.2 there was 3 transformation animations. Example with goku: first transformation: was on his 1.75 mil PL, he had lightnings around him, then he got second transform: that happened about 300K more and the animation was different,(as long as you got more PL the less time to transform) it was just a golden aura spinning around him and when he got to 5 mil he was perfect trans, which means no animation although I count it to the third animation. And you were not vulnerable during the transformation process.

What I am saying compared to the 1.2 transformation system is: to keep the idea of first transform, (like goku and his lightning, no changes on how to transform) then when he get the second transform you need to use turbo charge to your max powerlevel that you can and then after you charged it all you press your "ascend button", the aura of the charged turbo start switching colors from white to gold like a fluorescent light. (He remains at the same pose like when you powerup, it will look very cool if you get my idea of "turbo charge rocks and dust idea") And thelast complete transformation should be like in the series when they have about 0.7 sec of waiting time till the end of the transformation (could be nice if turbo aura stayed there until the player cancel it, but that is for the big guns to decide). You should be vulnerable to attacks because there is lots of people who is it in a middle of a melee, although in the other hand there is the noob trans killers so im not sure, k that is not my call. The transformation idea with the powerup should go to all of the transformation levels if they are not perfect yet.

6)Super aura block special for Block struggle
Its simple, while in a block struggle you click both left and right mouse buttons only when your aura is activated, then the aura goes in front of the beam and swats it if its close enough to the middle. Note: if the PL differences is too big this will hardly make a difference so it should be only as a tie breaker. This will take a lot of ki, probably 1/3 ki bar.

This video will explain everything - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QToEIyfleY8
minute 3:25 - 4:10 NOTICE GOHAN

7) Its nice that you can vaporize an enemy now with a strong beam BUT it need to continue passing him like in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBc_QSzrdQ - its on the last minute

Note: On paragraph 3, 5 and 6 its the same video. I didn't included the video in paragraph 2 because Gohan's transformation was forced and that is why only perfect form can do it.

Thats all folks (loony toones sound)
1.) EVM also had problems aiming the beams cause they were to big to see where you are shooting.

2.) Allready possible since 1.0 i think. I know 100% that 1.1 allready had it just not to sure about 1.0 Only PS though. Transforming at the blocking end of a BS would be pointless since you loose about 10% of your full KI when you transform. And on the shooting end of a BS would practically make a BS uncountrable.

3.) Well dont really see a problem with difrent animations. But i believe things liek this fall under the category "Not important and only added if bored enough"

4.) Sounds nice to me :p

5.) Say what? Transform animations and effects will be made later. And im kinda confused by your idea. If you ment to have perfect trans have a delay than that would totally ruin the pourpouse of perfect trans. As for using turbo charge to transform. Sounds useless. Thats what the transformation effects + animations are for.

6.) That aura is what blocks the attacks in DBZ. They have it round their body and use it as a shield. So basically that is a normall BS.

7.) But it continues pasing through him o_O It gibs the person and goes on.

Best answers
2) you DO can transform in PS, i think even if it isn't a perfect transform.

3),4),5) i think they are awesome ideas, specialy the one that says
"second transform you need to use turbo charge to your max powerlevel that you can and then after you charged it all you press your "ascend button", the aura of the charged turbo start switching colors from white to gold like a fluorescent light"

Force Pit Member
Best answers
1.) EVM also had problems aiming the beams cause they were to big to see where you are shooting.

2.) Allready possible since 1.0 i think. I know 100% that 1.1 allready had it just not to sure about 1.0 Only PS though. Transforming at the blocking end of a BS would be pointless since you loose about 10% of your full KI when you transform. And on the shooting end of a BS would practically make a BS uncountrable.

3.) Well dont really see a problem with difrent animations. But i believe things liek this fall under the category "Not important and only added if bored enough"

4.) Sounds nice to me :p

5.) Say what? Transform animations and effects will be made later. And im kinda confused by your idea. If you ment to have perfect trans have a delay than that would totally ruin the pourpouse of perfect trans. As for using turbo charge to transform. Sounds useless. Thats what the transformation effects + animations are for.

6.) That aura is what blocks the attacks in DBZ. They have it round their body and use it as a shield. So basically that is a normall BS.

7.) But it continues pasing through him o_O It gibs the person and goes on.
Grega
1) OK, so I think just the different sprite, not bigger (I think it still gives you a feeling of power like in the video)

2) If you can in 1.0 (Which I didn't played) you can't in 1.3 xD, so that is why I thought I should post it. 1.2 didn't had it, right? Wait so your pro-transinPS idea?

3) Just thought it would be nice.

4) Great!

5) A) No no, no stupid delay in perfect transform.
B) Well you think its useless practical, but as for the player it gives him a stronger feeling of "I'm transforming, yay", instead of just pressing Z and waiting. (you do see a powerup animation but you are not the one who power up's) It will also save the developers some time on the work on the animations with what I think, a better replacement, it is just more interactive and you feel more like you are that character.

6) Lol, yeah but if you saw the video you saw how good it looks like when the aura surrounds the kameha ball and deflects it (and notice - it gives you a powerful feeling), I think is should also be another technique to BS, make it more than just pressing left click and adds a bit more strategy into it (when you should use it if you need to).

7) I'm stupid :fight:

Richi
How about the other paragraphs? (1 and 6)

By the ways
How can you transform in 1.2 and 1.3 in a middle of a PS?
Will the beam continue to be flexible in 1.3? (you can move it out from a straight line)
and why do the developers almost never reply to ideas?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2) If you can in 1.0 (Which I didn't played) you can't in 1.3 xD, so that is why I thought I should post it. 1.2 didn't had it, right? Wait so your pro-transinPS idea?

By the ways
How can you transform in 1.2 and 1.3 in a middle of a PS?
Will the beam continue to be flexible in 1.3? (you can move it out from a straight line)
and why do the developers almost never reply to ideas?

But you can transform while in a PS. Only a PS though. Simply have enough PL to transform. Start a PS. Then press Z. Just make sure that you disable turbo. Cause if turbo is activated you cant transform.

All efects play aswell as the sounds (well in 1.2.3 not in 1.3 cause you have no efects yet ^^)

@Red color thingie

Im dev team to you know ^^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
All efects play aswell as the sounds (well in 1.2.3 not in 1.3 cause you have no efects yet ^^)
err? lol I didn't understand what you meant... can you explain?

And what about the budokai 3 style sprite (like in the video, exploding from hands like I said) and the transformation I suggested? And you guys in the development team discuss it together before you accept a suggestion or like its a one man call?

anyhow you should not keep the sprites for beams in 1.2, tell you the truth they weren't something...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deco: Get perfect trans, start a powerstruggle, press your ascend button (Z in most cases).

How does it feel to be spoon-fed information? :/

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Deco: Get perfect trans, start a powerstruggle, press your ascend button (Z in most cases).

How does it feel to be spoon-fed information? :/
Mate - first Grega already answered it
second I tried it and it didn't work, ill try again.
third what is so wrong with asking a question?

and what this spoon-fed thing, oh because I didn't tried and im immediately asking? Oh too bad cause I got to let you know I tried and it didn't work then I asked. That spoon fed last part you should keep for yourself, thanks for the other information.

And generally what is so wrong with asking questions, you ask questions to know better, if I wont ask from what ill know ah?

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, all the ideas are great except number 1 that because i like to see where my beam goes to. Keep going with the ideas deco :D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol, thanks mate. Does normal users opinion matters anyhow? (your a cockroach to the MAN :p)

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Normal user opinions matter when most people like the ideas, thats why it is important everyone to give theirs opinions about the ideas. If its just 3 or 4 people that like the idea then i dont think the idea matters. And the idea of the spirit bomb being guided, man thats the best idea.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol, max posts of suggestions that I noticed (any suggestion) reached a max of 8-10 replies, so im thinking my ideas are at good shape :]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To me, none of those suggestions actually add anything useful to the game. Sprites, animations and anything to do with beam or block struggles is really just icing. In the event that they scrap the "Advanced Melee is King" plan, I have a few ideas rolling around, although I've stopped playing the game completely so they might not mesh with the current open beta.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course the meele is going to be the most revolutionary fact in open beta, but, about that there is no opinion to give because:

1. The team has the melee planed already.
2- How can you give a sugestion about something that you never had?

So I think, giving suggestions is good. Picking the better ones to add to the game even better.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really? Revolutionary? I've read the melee outline multiple times, and I can't help but feel some guy had just played Tenkaichi and decided to basically borrow the fighting system and say it's advanced melee. In theory, it sounds better than the DDR advanced melee 1.2 has (because everything is better than DDR melee), but it actually slows the game down, which is what they should be avoiding. It's bad enough that fights HAVE to take place within what amounts to a very small sphere because long distance fighting and guerrilla tactics are no longer viable.

As far as I'm concerned, the melee outline they have is just that: an outline. I haven't seen anything at all in terms of integrating it into the actual game. In fact, if that's true, I'm happy because it at least gives them a second chance to amend the entire outline. Simple melee is what makes this game what it is. They had a very simple concept, that if built upon and not discarded entirely, could have brought ESF to an entirely different level.

While they may have it "planned", there may still be time to nudge them into the right direction. How do we do that? By suggesting ways to change it based on the information they've provided us.

Then again, I'm speaking as if hundreds of people are still playing the game and participating on the forums.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what is the best advanced melee in your opinion?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is "advanced melee" even a necessity when we already have something vastly superior? Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not saying simple melee should exist as is. What I am saying is the focus should be on revamping and improving simple melee rather than spend another beta version trying to think of something to one up it. In my opinion, advanced melee is 0 for 2 so far, and from the way the mod is progressing, that isn't going to change.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Listen man

Listen man, if they want to make the game DBZish - like in the melee feature, you got to have both. Notice in the series they used both of them. They did used basic melee, (You can notice that by some of simple knockback attacks they did) and also intensive close ranged combat, and the advanced melee system in 1.2 isn't giving you the feel of the series in close range combat, but Tenkaichi did, and if the game gonna have something similar to Tenkaichi then I think its great.

Basic melee just isn't enough, it's very efficient, but it has it lacks, but also close range combat is efficient and has other lacks that basic melee don't, they complete each other to give you your own unique style. Advanced melee can also balance things because well, when you get knockbacked you dont have much you can do. but in advanced melee, people who are noobs have more chance to fight back and not get basic melee spammed by "pros" with nothing to respond to. So after all you got to have a mixture.

And as my family always say, "its usually bad when you got 1 thing too much" (Like clean maniacs :laff: but that could refer to a lack of melee mixture also)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except you don't have to do both, because they did, and it not only failed, but made about a 1/3 of the community leave because of the direction the game was moving towards. After some of us spent months trying to convince them to come back, some did, but it was never the same.

I don't know, maybe I'm out of the loop but I really don't think the goal is to turn ESF into Tenkaichi. ESF was supposed to be something unique and fast-paced; not a sub-par copy of a mediocre fighting game.

Basic melee is and always has been superior in both close range combat and long range combat. All advanced melee ever did was take you out of the game, and force an unwilling participant to stand and wait. And wait. And wait some more.

1.2 was designed with noobs in mind, despite many of us saying that was the wrong way to go. They succeeded in attracting quite a few noobs too, but guess how many of them stayed around. Maybe 1 in 40 actually stuck around, but not even to "master" advanced melee. They stuck around because they saw what simple melee capable of in the hands of a pro. They saw how DBZ-like the fighting could be, not because of pretty flashy colors or gimmicks, but because people were actually reacting that quickly and fighting that quickly.

They shunned the pros, and we're the only people who stayed with the game because we remembered what the game was and understood what it could become. Do you really think we all started out as awesome players? We all got our asses kicked in the beginning, but we stuck with it and we got better and better until one day we realized, "Hey, I'm one of the top 3. How'd that happen?" And some of us are still here with the community, waiting and hoping that maybe ESF will climb out of the quicksand and make it's way back home, where we were all happy, the community flourished and we all (most, anyway) loved the game.

We don't need a system that emulates fast game play when we already have a system that genuinely is fast, and can be faster and more intense if nurtured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom