Some eyecandy suggestions

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well im shure you all know that teh explosion sprite changes size depending on weather you are over the server average or under it.

Well why not have that for the aura and beams aswell.

Basicly if you are over (no numbers sould be tested to find the right one) the servers average PL your beams would be a bit wider aswell as your turbo aura would be bigger. And if you are under the average PL they are smaller. Server average PL would be something in the middle betwean big and small.

It isnt a biggie but it would give the players a better feeling of power ^^

Best answers
Too bad i don't use that option much but the idea is good

The team should also put something like that into a server without the option on too

another eye candy would be when you charge a beam with turbo the aura would change to the same colour as the beam and get larger by charging more power into it

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Wow Great idea! This would keep Noobs from bothering to pros in a fight in the first place. Instead of attacking then running away after realizing how strong he is, they could see you and mostlikley leave you alone.

-2 thumbs up-

When two beams collide there isn't really any special effects except for the beams attaching...Maybe the team could throw in an impact wave with some beam energy dispercing around where the beams touch.

When players jump off the ground they are jumping much higher then real humans and they are using more force. Why not throw in a wind effect when a player jumps off the ground?

When players hit the ground or is knocked to the ground they should add big rocks that come up faround the player and small rocks that come up an fall down like when you power up. To simulate the player going into the ground.

when players shoot beams all you see is the beam come.. you dont really see any wind or energy wave push from the person shooting the beam.

when flying it would be kinda cool have have somewhat of a short trail of ki when you fly faster then normal if they add it.

*Slow Motion*
They could add a slow motion system that works something like this.

- After reaching a certain status a player can perform a special move to anyone in the server.

- TO perform the move the player muse aim at a general area thats highlighted by a transparent circle.

- the player does the move and the players in the circle slow down to a really slow speed..

- the person doing the special doest slow down, and players in the circle do have a chance to escape

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx said:
Wow Great idea! This would keep Noobs from bothering to pros in a fight in the first place. Instead of attacking then running away after realizing how strong he is, they could see you and mostlikley leave you alone.

-2 thumbs up-

When two beams collide there isn't really any special effects except for the beams attaching...Maybe the team could throw in an impact wave with some beam energy dispercing around where the beams touch.

When players jump off the ground they are jumping much higher then real humans and they are using more force. Why not throw in a wind effect when a player jumps off the ground?

When players hit the ground or is knocked to the ground they should add big rocks that come up faround the player and small rocks that come up an fall down like when you power up. To simulate the player going into the ground.

when players shoot beams all you see is the beam come.. you dont really see any wind or energy wave push from the person shooting the beam.

when flying it would be kinda cool have have somewhat of a short trail of ki when you fly faster then normal if they add it.

*Slow Motion*
They could add a slow motion system that works something like this.

- After reaching a certain status a player can perform a special move to anyone in the server.

- TO perform the move the player muse aim at a general area thats highlighted by a transparent circle.

- the player does the move and the players in the circle slow down to a really slow speed..

- the person doing the special doest slow down, and players in the circle do have a chance to escape
Slow motion wouldnt work with ESF.

The jump and colision efects should be possible with Joes FX script thingy ^^

As for teh bveam colision idea i like that ^^

Best answers
Why not just add the waves every where then we could set sail

about the flying...

with kai o ken you should look like a fireball and have a minor fireballish effect behind it

and with swooping you could have a wave blur motion

when you would use slow motion it would probably look like lag to the user so it's not too good

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Well im shure you all know that teh explosion sprite changes size depending on weather you are over the server average or under it.

Well why not have that for the aura and beams aswell.

Basicly if you are over (no numbers sould be tested to find the right one) the servers average PL your beams would be a bit wider aswell as your turbo aura would be bigger. And if you are under the average PL they are smaller. Server average PL would be something in the middle betwean big and small.

It isnt a biggie but it would give the players a better feeling of power ^^
I actually did increase the scales of the aura and what not a little while back, and if it get's to big then it will actually eat away at your fps, and you don't want that considering your crappy mx440 & p3 500 setup =P. If you look at one of my posts in the misc section or the funky pics thread you will find the picture and see how many fps I was getting, and that was with a fx5200 =(.

However if this were something that was a feature that could be turned on like 24bit opengl textures then i'd be all for it =).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
General Overlord said:
I actually did increase the scales of the aura and what not a little while back, and if it get's to big then it will actually eat away at your fps, and you don't want that considering your crappy mx440 & p3 500 setup =P. If you look at one of my posts in the misc section or the funky pics thread you will find the picture and see how many fps I was getting, and that was with a fx5200 =(.

However if this were something that was a feature that could be turned on like 24bit opengl textures then i'd be all for it =).
On a side note i said a little bigger. Not to big ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i would rather go for less defined, faded for weak powerlevels and really defined, bright for high powerlevels

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, great ideas, why not combine it? Like the further away from server avg.(Grega's), the bigger the Aura/beam AND the more depth in colour there is, like if you're weaker then the aura will be dull and look weak, or just the flames are different or something.

And it should be optional like said above, otherwise the guys like me(Yeah...mx440 :b) would have 20fps.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Yeah, great ideas, why not combine it? Like the further away from server avg.(Grega's), the bigger the Aura/beam AND the more depth in colour there is, like if you're weaker then the aura will be dull and look weak, or just the flames are different or something.

And it should be optional like said above, otherwise the guys like me(Yeah...mx440 :b) would have 20fps.
I have a mx440 with 20fps and im suggesting this >.<

But jea color deapth definision works great to

An even better feel of power than size XD

Best answers
Just to put this out there.. esf 1.2.3 [

when you basic melee someone .. if you look closely the characters DONT actually touch.. If they team was to fix that IM sure that the game play will change for the better. And Angles wouldnt exist causing an entirely new Tactical way of playing. also it would look better

*fast motion*

This occurs when your "fast motion bar fills" when the bar is full you can use it to charge 1 beam attack at 2 times the speed to make strong beams possible in fast action combat..

---------

When to players are fighting closely and are flyin in circles extra.. why not add a wind effect?

---------

Instead of just blocking and psing a beam.. a new block can be used to face strong beams head on. The strong block uses the same amount of ki as a teleport and only lasts 5 seconds.. If a strong beam that wouldn't normally cause a player to get pushed back was to come along.. then they could use the strong block to have the beam expload when it touches them but do little dmg (depending on pl) They could add eye candy of showing the Explosion goign around the blocker.

----------------------

The throwing.. The throing in 1.2.3 LOOKS SO STUPID.. is swear lol they start off really slow then gradualy increase speed to a kinda fast spin.. an the player's posing during the spins are kinda lame.. team go check out mario for the N64 look how mario spins bowzer that Is how it should look

The spins should be faster to start off with. Players being spun around should have there screen go blurry To Simulate the dizziness That way spinning really has a USE. It leaves the player dizzy. If you do the entire spin you make player dizzy for what? 30 seconds?.

when players are knocked into walls and into the ground. They should get Dizzy also for like 5-10 seconds.

Best answers
if they would be dizzy for 30 seconds that would mean death

already

5 seconds of inactivity for a player would mean death since esf is a fast paced action game

the slow motion thing would work only it should slow down the whole server

This eye candy thing brings me an idea

The mod should have after image attacks

For example you can shoot a blast

the first one is a fake

and

after 2 seconds another blast follows which is the real one

the same thing can be done with swooping and running

but

it should take ki it should probably be balanced between the attack and a % of the ki bar or it could be based on the new stamina bar

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How did we get off the idea to make a visable difrence in PL to adding a new gameplay O.O

And the only good idea up there is to make a special option to fastly charge a big beam. But it should have 1/2 of the minimum power. And it should use up half your whole KI bar. + not explodable with museclick. Instead it should only fade away.

If it hits the olayer gets pushed back (like a simple melee hit) and looses HP.

While the other player can recover.

Back to the definition of PL using visual efects please (aura/bams more solid with higher PL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom