Some Billboard

Retired
Best answers
Hello people,

I had to make a certain Billboard for school (project).

everybody had the same assignment, to cover cultural differences in Asia in South America about PDA's.

to stimulate sales in these continents. so we came up with this one.

The hands obviously are different in skin tone. meaning the PDA Is suitable for everybody :) also we made it look pretty pro. btw we made pictures of hands and placed those in there.

worked out pretty well..

comments please ;)

*EDIT* The 5ive thing was our made up company, and we made a quick logo for that.

I keep talking in 'We' however it was basically 'me' who made everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well tbh, besides the top hand there's not an *obvious* difference in skintone between the others.... for the rest I'd say it looks good, maybe a bit plain thought but I guess that's what you're aiming for.

Retired
Best answers
yeh the skin tones could have stood out a bit more, I give you that.

and yes the simplicity was what we were aiming for, gives it a very corporate image.

oh and I take it you saw Casshern on MTV ;) looking at your sig. good job on that one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha thanks, but I made this sig months ago ;)

... did watch it though. Anyway, keep up the good work!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A bit too much white on the right and left sides of the picture kinda, makes it look less good for lack of a better term. And well, the lower right hand really looks like it is trying to grab the PDA, however, the top hand just looks like it is lying(or lieing...sp?) flat on a surface, would have looked better if that hand would also "grab" the PDA.

Other than those 2 small things I think the idea is great, looks nice, good job on it.

Retired
Best answers
yeh I know what you mean, however we gave specific instructions on how people should place their hands. however these people are doing this for free..we just asked some random people @ school.. so correcting them 3 times is the max ;)

and it might sound weird, but we needed atleast one black hand, and there was only 1 we could find in the limited amount of time.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe a light skinned black person's hand would have done the global theme a huge favor.

Anyways, the hands somewhat respect a circular approach to the PDA, as if they are reaching from each corner of a planet.

I'm thinking maybe a transparent globe behind the PDA, would have been a good final touch.

Retired
Best answers
yeh that's what we were thinking, however an imaginary globe is sufficient. we wanted to keep the billboard clean, it's the kinda board you drive by and have it inprinted on your memory, we wanted to leave certain details out of it. keeping it white without too much stuff in it. :)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks nokia-ish

I would edit the hands with photoshop to give them a different skin tone, right now it doesnt show the idea behind it correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom