Solar Flare Suggestion

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you manage to successfully solar flare someone, a small bar should appear on your screen that empties. When it's completely empty, the other player will no longer be blind. This way we'd be able to know if we managed to blind someone and for how long their blinded. Might increase its use and allow players to better act on the move

Best answers
Yeah that's a great idea. Maybe even making a symbol above their head like blinking stars, and then it fades away as their sight regains. I bet with the bloom effects you've got something cool on the back burner.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah sounds good.

with bloom they could make the view still barely seeable and blurry.
so players still can try too avoid an attack.

the blinded one can barely see with an blurry and bright vision,
and the attacker see an indicator on his screen or over the playermodel some small stars.

like the idea :thumbsup:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well we dissabled swoop and teleport upon beeing flared and the one who starts the attack is no longer blinded himself ^^

BUt i kinda like the idea of an icon above his head. Im not so much into the bar indicating how lonf though.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well we dissabled swoop and teleport upon beeing flared and the one who starts the attack is no longer blinded himself ^^

BUt i kinda like the idea of an icon above his head. Im not so much into the bar indicating how lonf though.
blind model animation perhaps?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather add some HUD which shows the lenght of the blindness. Icon above head is neither cool (well, maybe it is) nor realistic.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather add some HUD which shows the lenght of the blindness. Icon above head is neither cool (well, maybe it is) nor realistic.
Fills up the screen unnecesairily. Not to mention blind 1 guy, then blind another. What then 2 bars? Maybe add a number 3 then.

I think its a waste of HUD space.

@Sky ESF models are to small to observe weather they have blinded animations or not. The only time you could see them is when you are stanmding next to them (unlikely) or when you are them (your blinded you see nothing).

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then I'd say there shouldn't be anything that tells you if your opponent was blinded or not.

In manga/anime, you can't really know if he is, you just presume it from his behavior. And the funniest part is, you can trick the person that you were blinded, and when he tries to attack you, you teleport & hit him.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm against an icon above the head.

As for it taking up hud space, how many times have you ever solar flared someone? A small bar that only appears when you solar flare someone is not going to hurt anyone nor take up much screen space. I think it would be great to know how long the guy you just blinded will be out in order to better coordinate your attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom