Software to automatic cut audio in multiple parts.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Do any of you know a need software which is able to cut a (example) 8 hours long audio mp3 (no movie) in to multiple parts automatically, such as 15min per and creates an MP3 out of it?

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that's like a super-deluxe version or something. I've had Goldwave for years now, usually use it to make ringtones from existing MP3's. Never paid for it and got it straight off the site. o_O

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Audacity is my tool of choice, I really would recommend it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Using Audacity myself. But not sure how it to let it cut parts automatically.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I placed a tutorial in my post above. I thought I read something about being able to choose an interval in seconds to chop up an mp3.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Gracias, I'll check it out. Much appreciated :)

Best answers
Audacity is one of the best free audio editors and I've been using it for a long time. But when I bought my audio quadro system I found that files edited in Audacity are not perfect. The problem is that Audacity recompress files and loose quality. It appeared to be important when I started playing audio files with good sound system. Now I can say that there is a good software to cut audio automatically and save all the quality of files. I usually cut big files by silence, but it can also cut files into equal multiple parts. You can set length of every part. I think you are looking for a program like this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still think you should take a closer look at Goldwave, because it can do exactly that and it is very simple to use. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom