Social appeal of ESF's community

Best answers
I have all but forgotten about this game. Followed it for a long time, and am enjoying all the updates since last a checked (a few years ago). Once I looked around the forums though, something I noticed right away was all the negative feedback given to those that request a beta or more media coverage of the current build. My initial thoughts when entering the site after all these years was, "how is this game not out yet, is there a beta, let me see the current build". Most people will feel the same imo. So what kind of vibe is this "community" giving off to old fans looking to rejoin the community? Between the apparent lack of attention the community has got from the ESF team and the ridicule returning fans receive when questioning the status of the game, I get the impression the community's numbers and quality has shrunk a great deal. Further more, I'm less than enthused about discussing anything on this forum because it seems full of elitists hating on noobs. Don't turn into world of warcraft... the world has enough angry nerds.

Maybe be a bit friendlier so your community can sustain and grow. Just my thoughts from the outside looking in. Hopefully this game devs and its community still cares about how its being viewed by the general public.

Game looks GREAT, keep up the good work!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
That or maybe newcomers just ask about the release date or demo or whatever and that has been answered tons of times.
If you ask about gameplay/give gameplay suggestions they are pretty responsive.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Although it can be frustrating to see people join and ask questions that have answers that could be found within under a minute of browsing (especially when it comes down to the lack of news updates and the release of the mod), that's not really the issue that people have. The problem that people have about the negative feedback is that there are repeat offenders who will come here every few days or weeks and ask the same question or complain about the same issue and receive the same answer. Both the team and the community are aware of the frustration of not enough content being shown but continuously asking for content is both annoying and unnecessary because it's not going to get anywhere. Add on the few people being more aggressive about it than others and you have even more people getting riled up as a consequence.

As for the hostility towards newer members, I don't think this is an issue anymore because we don't want to discourage people from coming here. From what I've observed, the only real hostility that I've seen recently are due to the people that I've described above, those who aggressively ask for more content and complain about the state of the mod.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I don't think the people are angry about the state of the game is just a disappointment when you follow a game for that long watched every video 10 000 times and waiting for some new content the last official video is more than 1 year ago... BUT ALL THIS comes only because this game is so beautiful probably the best game out there so don't get me wrong take your time I believe someday I will play it and it's gone be awesome =) till then I hope that dalte keeps up with the news^^

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually there is a really easy solution to all of the "release-date-questions" » I give it a try in the meeting on sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom