Soccer Player Model and Texture

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally got something to post, after slacking off and WoWing :rolleyes:

Model is for a HL2 mod, and is currently a little over 3k polies. The model itself is accualy made by Broli, I just created the texture. C&C on the model and skin is appreciated.. and needed. :]

EDIT: new shot below

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
uuh, so IOS is still alive and 'kickin? :)

hmm .. about the model, i think the pants look awfull :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beautiful pun! :p

Anways, now that I look at the pic, the lighting was way overdone and hard to crit. Heres a MAX render. No lighting(execpt on the face shot), but the spec map is a little overdone on this picture, sorry.

75% self illum

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using pieces of photo's for the clothing's texture?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a silk texture overlay yes, but I diddn't think it was that easily noticable. I'll have to take it off or lower the opacity. But the folds and such, are just painted on in photoshop.

Best answers
I dont know how your mod works with player models on each team, do they use the same player for the whole team? If not, then that doesnt look like Luis Garcia at all. It should have their names on the back and not thier team name.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ray_1301 said:
I dont know how your mod works with player models on each team, do they use the same player for the whole team? If not, then that doesnt look like Luis Garcia at all. It should have their names on the back and not thier team name.
the half life 1 version pretty much had the same face but a dark skintone and a lightskintone version for every team.

This time around I want to get different hairstyles and faces for each player on a team (11 different skins). We are not using professional players because A) We dont have the license to use professional players B) It would take a tremendous amount of time to do. So the plan is to make a bunch of random faces. If I put the names on the back then people would assume that the face is supposed to resemble that player, and since it doesnt..that isnt the best thing to do. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Are you using pieces of photo's for the clothing's texture?
is there a problem with that? I think it looks quite good

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhhh, i hate to break it to you, but you cant use the carling logo in your mod without asking their permission.

EA sports payed a licensing and advertisement fee to every logo and brand in their game =/

Best answers
Last time I cheked EA asks money for its games too...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
is there a problem with that? I think it looks quite good
None at all, however when you rely on photo's like that, usually problems like what's happening with the shorts occur. Which is why I was asking, because it looks like it might have been the route of the problem.

It mostly looks good, my only crit is just to redo the back of the shorts. Soccer players are probably the most physically fit althetes in the world with how much running and jumping they are forced to do over long distances, so because his legs are being worked out constantly and toned, he's going to have a very tight noticeable buttocks.

Time to suck up the pride and give that man an ass even men would want to get in bed with.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
None at all, however when you rely on photo's like that, usually problems like what's happening with the shorts occur. Which is why I was asking, because it looks like it might have been the route of the problem.

It mostly looks good, my only crit is just to redo the back of the shorts. Soccer players are probably the most physically fit althetes in the world with how much running and jumping they are forced to do over long distances, so because his legs are being worked out constantly and toned, he's going to have a very tight noticeable buttocks.

Time to suck up the pride and give that man an ass even men would want to get in bed with.
Thanks for the crits, I was actually using Winning eleven as a reference for the back of the shorts, but I totally agree. I definetly need to work on the back of the shorts. To me the back is just, if not more important than the front when your playing a 3rd person game, so I need to make the back as easy on the eyes as possible :)

Axman, its accualy the Carlsberg logo(a beer company)... EA is also now publishing the half life games now, that dosen't say much about the legal liscense usage, but we can just make this skin our little secrect ;) . We have been fine with a lot of club kits ingame for the hl1 version so far. No problems yet. I think if EA was out to get someone using logos from real club teams, they would go to Winning Eleven first and hound all the people adding unlicensed kits.

Oh, and the seam on the back of the head is bugging me out, it dosent show up in lightwave...but in MAX you can only see it in certain angles

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks cool, gotta see it ingame, that will be interesting ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom