So whos camping for ps3/wii?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simple question. I didnt pre-order it because where I live, it sold out in 15 mins and I had classes :p

And no luck online either..

So, im camping out at Target saturday night. Getting there at about 8pm, staying there overnight, and hopefully get a wii.

How about all of you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm camping out for ps3, but waiting on the wii.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see camping out to get a game system before anyone else does is purposeless, the PS3 and the Wii will play exactly the same regardless what time you buy it, ( Most of the time), anyways, Im not in any rush, Im still playing PS2 and 360.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
the PS3 and the Wii will play exactly the same regardless what time you buy it
Yea, but your e-peen is alot bigger if you can say you got it first.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to get a Wii on launch day, but there's no way i'm camping out.

I'm going to go to my mall, walk into sears where my friend works, and he's going to give me a Wii that he saved for me. If that fails, there are two Gamestops in my mall, one Walmart, and ten minutes away from the mall there is a target, Bestbuy, and Cosco's literally right next to each other. I should be ok.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the PS3 and the Wii will play exactly the same regardless what time you buy it,
some people dont want to wait 2-3 months to buy one =), if you dont buy them now, you will be waiting for awhile. They will be selling the second they hit shelves, if not just being thrown on layaway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the prob with that is in my area, Gamespot+Eb Games are sold out so I cant get them there, my costco isnt gettin em till after holidays, no walmart in my area, and the bestbuy is another place where tons of people are gonna be camping.

So, if I dont camp, I dont get wii. Besides, me and my friend are going and were gonna make it fun.

People were camping monday for ps3, about 20 to be exact (I saw them).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I won't be camping for a Wii, but I live in not too big of a town, and with a fair amount of stores getting a decent amount of Wiis. Too make a long story short, as long as I head up at like 8am or so when all the stores open, I should be able to walk into like Zellers (who even thinks about buying game consoles at Zellers) and grab a Wii.

Best answers
Hahahah you guys CAMP FOR A CONSOLE Wow!! My mum would kill me I did that XD....I'll just take the bus 1st thing in the morning and get myself one XD
But..I camp for 1.3 >.>

-GuZzie

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the lot of them will be sold before you even step foot onto the bus, trust me lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
I'll just take the bus 1st thing in the morning and get myself one XD
That's a big lawl. After 2am, you won't be able to get one anywhere because of people camping out. You'll just be wasting money on pointless bus fare.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guzzie, don't you live in Australia? For the PS3, I'm pretty sure it won't be released there 'till next year and I think the Wii is coming out in about a month or so.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care enough to get either within the first 6 months, so theres no way I'm camping outside.

Chances are I'll wait until second gen games (PS3)/third gen games (360) come out and buy one or both based on what's being released.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm getting a hotel in the city with the lady friend so we can get up nice and early and run down there, and I've got everything preordered/reserved anyway anyway. But I'm not taking any chances lol. Also being in Australia there arn't hordes upon hordes of fanboys like in the US, so the few of us that do exist get by fairly well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got a Wii reserved for me, plus TP and Red Steel, so I won't be needing to camp out for it.

Plus the whole idea to camp out for something like that sounds kind of stupid to me. It's not as if that's the only day you can get a Wii. They'll have steady shipments coming in. Even if I can't get my reserved goodies, I'm not worried about not being able to get a Wii.

Best answers
Just go stand in the middle of the campers, yell: "FREE PS3s OVER THERE!!!" then you point at some random hobo, the crowd rushes to the hobo, they plunder him and you can get your PS3 early..

Camping for a Wii will be useless, since there will be enough, over here in Belgium anyway..

Best answers
My buddy is gonna camp out for the Wii. I told him I'd bring him food and ****. So we'll see how it works out I guess.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only place you dont need to camp in is Israel hah
I can get it the day it hits the shelves without too much truble...

But I'm not in a hurry, I want to way at least a few monthes and see how people get along with it.
I had my eye on the Wii but I can tell the PS3 will have more games that I personally will like so it's a tough call, but I got a long time to think about it heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom