So, who'd be interested in hearing me sing on Rock Band?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ewglu phln'slghn hngl'wi. Krha'gr br'clnuilha wgah'rly'ueh v'glua n'gl!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was entertained, if that counts for anything.

My only advice is to practice more, otherwise you were pretty good. Keep at it. :yes:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You sound like a mix of early Neil Young and Bruce Dickenson, and your technique reminds me of Scott Weiland.

I'm not a fan of how this recorded on some of the songs, since you're way louder than the music, but you sound like you know what you're doing.

Do you need a drummer? :p

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I'm working on the mix volumes, part of the problem is that the recording mic picks me up twice, once from the game and once from the room. As for Bruce Dickinson, I'll record the Trooper later and see if I stack up. Scott Weiland stuff also comes naturally because he falls inside my natural vocal range, so I'll put STP on the list of stuff to record. If you have RB3 and a lot of DLC, just be on Saturday nights, our drummer isn't always consistent.

Out of curiosity, which songs did you guys listen to?

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same as Sub, "You will Haunt Me."

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listened to both "Dissident Aggressor" and "Say You'll Haunt Me", and I was actually more impressed by the former due to not being familiar with this particular Judas Priest song. Having heard the Stone Sour song many times before, your higher pitched version of its chorus struck out as odd to me (I attribute this to being far too used to how the original sounds). Your version ofDissident Aggressor sounded badass though, rock on!

Does Rock Band have any songs from Metallica's Kill 'Em All?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. RB1 has Enter Sandman, RB2 has Battery, RB3 and the current platform has And Justice for All . . . , Blackened and Ride the Lightning.

As for the high pitched rendition I assume you mean the part that goes: "Together, forever, we'll be together, forever . . ."

If so, that part is heavy on sound effects, something RB does not do with vocals on the fly despite recently adding autotune by cakewalk. When I get the video rolling you'll see that I'm inside the note RB is asking for.

I'll hit up Electric Eye or You Got Another Thing Coming next from Priest.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for the high pitched rendition I assume you mean the part that goes: "Together, forever, we'll be together, forever . . ."

If so, that part is heavy on sound effects, something RB does not do with vocals on the fly despite recently adding autotune by cakewalk. When I get the video rolling you'll see that I'm inside the note RB is asking for.
Aha, I see.

I'll hit up Electric Eye or You Got Another Thing Coming next from Priest.
Yeah, I think Electric Eye would be a perfect match for your voice. You should do a video, makes it more entertaining!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aha, I see.

Yeah, I think Electric Eye would be a perfect match for your voice. You should do a video, makes it more entertaining!
I need to get the capture card together and rewire a few things, hopefully I'll find my cables for the card.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So after reminding myself of the capture card's limitations, its not likely I'll be able to record in HD. Its also going to be hard for me to remember where I stuck the dongle for the card. Luckily I vaguely remember what it looks like and vaguely remember where I last used it. One thing I can promise is direct audio recordings until I get the card rolling. I'll purchase the neccesary cords and record directly from the XBox instead of a mic tommorow.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey Cuc, how about i record myself playing the guitar parts to some songs (like, real guitar) and then you record yourself singing it, and then we blend that **** together to form some wtfpwnage internet based cover band?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey Cuc, how about i record myself playing the guitar parts to some songs (like, real guitar) and then you record yourself singing it, and then we blend that **** together to form some wtfpwnage internet based cover band?
I am not opposed to that idea, and I'd take it a step further and invite bassist and drummers. I take it you liked my singing enough then?

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I play the drums. I dont have great mics for recording my kit tho... but I got my kit setup in my garage :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not opposed to that idea, and I'd take it a step further and invite bassist and drummers. I take it you liked my singing enough then?
sure man, you just have the "wobble" that i associate with people who are nervous. that will disappear over time, and then you'll be belting it out :D

remember though, sing from your gut ;)

---------- Double Post below was added at 10:08 PM has been merged with this post created 10:06 PM ----------

Do that and put it on Youtube. It'll be like The Rocker, but not crap.
I'm talking about this scene, btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkfeviva770&feature=player_detailpage#t=81s
no...
this could work well though.

[video=youtube;r28LLqyXBKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r28LLqyXBKs[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom