So, whats your workout?

Best answers
Ive been working out for the past two monthes and now I love hearing about other people's workouts to inspire me and maybe add one or two things to my own. So lets share 'em!

Personally, I used to (as in like, last year) use weights. I realized I dont like them, though, so I ditched that idea. This year I moved on to purely doing body-weight exercises, and in my own experience you see faster and more pleasing results. My workout consists of:

15 chinups (my definition of chinups are palms facing inward). They are done slow, using no momentum, and every time I go up I drop all the way down. Ive been seeing a constant improvement with these, too.

6 pullups (my definition of pullups are palms facing outward). These are done the same way chinups are done, slow and complete. However, I really force myself to just use my back muscles in order to accomplish these. Thats why I can only do 6, Im sorta weak :X Its getting better though.

5 extended pullups. These are kind of weird; my pullup bar is, erm, special (This is it.). These pullups are done using both my backmuscles and my arms. I could probably do more than five but I save it for later on.

5..erm..Im not sure how to call these. Picture as if this is the pullup bar:

------------------
\--/ \--/

So I grab the handles that support the extended part of the pullup (my palms face sidewards towards eachother) and I pull myself up. These suck, theyre hard to do after you do all of the other pullup-bar exercises.

I just do one set of the above exercises. Then I move on to slipping the bar off the wall and do three sets of these:

5 arms extended pushups. Just like the name says, pushups with my arms extended pretty far out from eachother. These are sort of hard.

15 regular pushups.

5 hands close together pushups.

20 Hindu pushups.

15 situps.

15 crunches.

20 Hindu squats.

Then I lie down on the floor and continue doing three sets of:

15 seconds of lying down on my back, lifting my legs up from the ground, and moving them in a scissor-type motion.

Without resting, I move to 15 seconds of criss-cross (up and down) motion.

I rest for about five seconds, then I put my legs together and pull them towards my chest. I do this for about 20 seconds (however much I can do in 20 seconds)

Then, again, without resting I do the same thing except i lean in on one side and do em there. I alternate the sides.

I then rest for about 2 seconds, after which I extend my legs and throw them from side to side, using force to throw and keep them from the touching the ground. This exercise is killer.

After this I go and take a shower O:)

Also, on Thursdays, I stay after school and do a lot of jumping around and crap. Then I stay after even longer and I have a pretty much one-on-one with the trainer at which point he teaches me bridge exercises. Bridge exercises are the bomb - I love 'em. This kid that wrestles likes my interest and tends to give me pointers and tips too.

--

Ever since I started of doing this my girlfriend keeps telling me see can see more and more of a difference every time I see her. I also like to look at myself in the mirror now :) My grades have been rising as well. Its just overall completely amazing. If you dont do some form of physical exercise, I suggest you do. It just helps you all the way around.

Best answers
i use to do 50 push ups every night, when i first started...then i moved onto 100 push ups...i find push up's to be an awsome workout since it works out your tri-cepts and your chest at the same time, as well as other muscles but those are the main ones, but thats at home. Now i go to the gym at my school, where i will do certain excersizes with weights. I find weight excersize to be nice because i get bigger. Sure body weight is good, but thats mainly for getting cut. I wanna be big and cut. So i guess it depends on your prefrence. as for my workout, I do about 50 pushups as a warm up 10 chin up's, 10 lat pull ups(where you pull the bar to the back of your neck), free weight excersizes to help with my shoulders, and ALOT of benching. At my school gym we have a thing for sit up's where its like, an elevated chair. So i use that for sit-ups. Usually though i try not to stick to a certain training regimin since im trying to improve myself, and sticking to a set workout tends to keep you at a certain level. So i just do as many as i can of whatever im doing. That way i see results, and get a good work out constantly.

Best answers
Interesting. So you're saying you change it up a lot?

And, about the body weight exercises - I wish to agree to disagree. Ive been seeing good improvements in muscle gain, too. Though maybe by "big" you and I mean different things :p

Best answers
in big i mean size, like chest, bicepts,tricepts. Ive been working out for about 3 months now..i started the first month with body weight, but after a certain period. You just dont get bigger, you get more Cut(which is definition in your muscles) but as for size, and strength. You dont improve in size of muscle though. Im sure it varies from person to person, but as you keep your training regimin you will notice after a certain period of time, that your able to complete it without as much effort, and after your workout is complete, you dont feel as tired. Thats what happened with me, and thats why i dont do "sets of 50 pushups" as my only workout in push ups. As a warm up, yes, but not as the max amount. Usually i will do 50 pushups, bench a little, then go back to push ups until i get tired, then go do a couple pull ups, back to benching, then push ups. When my arms get dead tired, ill let them rest and do sit-ups, then when my stomach is in pain from sit-up's ill go back to benching/pull-up's/push-up's/Curl's..but i dont like to say "ok im gonna do 50 sit-up's, 50 push-up's,10 pull-up's, and then im done for the day." because after a while. I get so used to it, that it doesnt feel like a work out, and when i work out, i like to be dead tired by the time i leave the gym. so the next day my muscles are hurting and i KNOW ive worked out a good amount, and then i repeat. I do this on a daily basis, so my muscles eventually dont hurt anymore, and all i do is improve, and get stronger. The main point is, if you limit yourself to a set amount everytime, you wont improve past that amount.

Best answers
But thats obvious - this isnt the same workout set Ive had always - you add on reps and sets as you get stronger. You shouldnt overwork yourself, though, and it sounds like thats what youre doing.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
i use weights, with this thing called progressive workout ;]

I do warmups like this:
50 % of total weight for 10 repetitions
70 % of total weight for 8 reps
90 % for 3 reps

Going for failure (until you cant do anymore)

I do 4 to 6 reps at 100 %. If i can do more then 6, then its not enough weight.
I do that for like 3 sets.

I switch on certain days between chest/triceps and shoulders/biceps. Dont forget to drink alot of water, get alot of sleep (since muscle repair and growth is done during sleep), and eat right. Need to get enough protein if you want to grow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i cant be bothered to post my workout again (this would be like, the 5th time).

suffice to say, its military grade in the extreme.

and i started it again last night, after fully recovering from a knee injury :)

nge

Best answers
"A" days-

Bench press: warm up with a set (8 reps) of 115 lbs, move up to 135 for a set, then 145, then 155.

Curls: 2 sets of 25 lbs, 2 on 30, 2 on 35, 2 on 30, 2 on 25, 1 on 20.

This machine that works your shoulderblades and triceps by pulling down on a pully thingy: one set of 12 at 120, one set of 10 at 120, one set of 8 at 130. Kinda nervous for this one cause the machine maxes out in 10 more pounds.

1 set of 20 on the leg up machine.

2 sets of 20 at 130 lbs on this strange machine that works your sides.

1 set of 20 with a 45 lbs plate on your chest on the elevated sit up machine, 1 set 20 holding a 45 lbs plate to your chest doing reversed sit ups on the same machine.

Cool off: 20 push ups and 150 crunches.

"B" days-
2 sets of 12 shrugs at 75 lbs in each hand, 1 set at 80 lbs.

2 sets at 130 on the lower back machine, 1 set at 140 (12 reps each)

Wings exercise with 1 set of 12 with 20 lbs in each hand, 1 set with 25, one half set at 30, 1 set at 25, and 2 sets at 20.

2 sets at 40 lbs (one for each hand) pulling a free weight up to your chest facing downwards on a bench, 2 at 45, and 2 at 50.

1 set of 20 with a 45 lbs plate on your chest on the elevated sit up machine, 1 set 20 holding a 45 lbs plate to your chest doing reversed sit ups on the same machine.

Cool off with 20 push ups and 150 crunches.

"C" days-

Leg presses- 1 set (12) at 340 lbs (plus machine,) 1 set at 350 lbs, 2 sets at 360.

Calf exercises- same as above.

Skull crushers- 3 sets of 8 at 85 or 90 lbs, can't really remember what the bar weighs.

2 sets at 40 lbs (one for each hand) pulling a free weight up to your chest facing downwards on a bench, 2 at 45, and 2 at 50.

Cool off with 20 push ups and 150 crunches.

Alternate between A, B, and C daily and that's my workout.

Best answers
when I lift weights I lift lighter stuff and do more reps.

Since I dont make regular trips to the gym I stick to running, stretching, and martial arts.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
break dancing...pretty neat stuff for your fitness and muscles.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was really hoping to hear "I use Kanye's Work Out Plan". I am very dissapointed =/

But, I have Physical Education every other day, so it's like a couple of different stretches, 10-15 pushups, 5 close hand push ups, 20 normal crunches, then 10 to the left , then 10 to the right.

What I want to do is get in the habit of doing at least 2 reps of 20 crunches just so I can get more defined abs, not too concerned about muslce strength really, but would also like to get itno a pushup workout habit.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
dendza said:
break dancing...pretty neat stuff for your fitness and muscles.
ditto best workout ever

Best answers
Wow, i've been waiting for a thread like this. Well, im pretty much a bodybuilding guru now, since I've learned so much from www.bodybuilding.com. I use a 2 week lifting regimen, and im not sure if I can post all of it, so if I cant, i'll make a second post...

Monday

Quadricepts
leg extensions
set 1: 12 reps
set 2: 10 reps
set 3: 8 reps
set 4: 6 reps

Barbell Squats

Calves
Standing Calf Raises
Set 1: 12 reps
set 3: 9 reps
set 4: 8 reps

Sitting Calf Raises
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 8 reps
Set 4: 6 reps

Trapezius
Barbell Shrug
Set 1: 15 reps
Set 2: 12 reps
Set 3: 10 reps
Set 4: 8 reps

Barbell Upright Rows
Set 2: 9 reps
Set 3: 6 reps

Tuesday

Forearms
Palms down Barbell Wrist Curl
Set 2: 8 reps

Palms up Barbell Wrist Curl

Biceps
Barbell Curl
Set 1: 10 reps
Set 3: 7 reps

EZ Bar Curl
Set 3: 9 reps

Abdominals
Machine Crunches

Barbell Side Bend
Set 1: 14 reps
Set 4: 7 reps

Thursday

Pectoralis [Chest]
Bench Press (Medium-Grip)
Set 1: 12
Set 2: 10
Set 3: 8
Set 4: 6

Machine Bench Press
Set 2: 8
Set 3: 6

Shoulders
Cuban Press
Set 4: 6

Military Press
Set 3: 7

U]Quadricepts[/u]
leg extensions

Barbell Squats

Friday

Back
Bent Over Barbell Row
Set 3: 9
Set 4: 7

Reverse Grip Bent Over Barbell Row

Trapezius
Barbell Shrug
Set 1: 15 reps
Set 4: 8 reps

Barbell Upright Rows

Biceps
Barbell Curl
Set 3: 9 reps

EZ Bar Curl

Saturday

Abdominals
Machine Crunches

Barbell Side Bend
Set 1: 14 reps

Triceps
Close Grip Bench Press

Reverse Tricep Bench Press
Set 1: 10 reps

Pectoralis [Chest]
Bench Press (Medium-Grip)

Machine Bench Press

I hope you guys read this, it took me 38 minutes to type this up. I do those for week 1 and switch up some of the exercises with different exercises on week 2.

Best answers
how do you find the time/effort to do that everyday?...im guessing your planning on being a proffesional bodybuilder. Correct?

Best answers
Nope, On screen meteorologist actually, probably for the weather channel in 15-20 years. I do it 5 days a week and I skip Wednesday for rest and Sunday, for rest and religious beliefs. I keep myself motivated to do this, Im doing it for some of the right reasons. Im going out for wrestling and maybe football next year, so I need the muscle. Im also doing it mostly for respect also. Speaking of wrestling, I might go out for a wrestling school and try to be the next Dave Bautista (Batista), if Meteorology doesnt work out for me.

Best answers
Jesus Christ. If you're not planning on become a proffesional bodybuilder, or have some sort of physical-oriented career, you're crazy spending all that time every week. Thats insane.

nge

Best answers
Not really Walmart. I agree- get healthy and good looking, you can respect yourself. Respect yourself, and you earn the respect of others. It's really all the right reasons- commanding power is a good thing to earn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom