So what are they doing about transformations? Invincibility or not?

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I remember one thing that sucked was trying to transform and being killed as you did it... but then, it's equally as unfair for a skilled played in a transformed state to harass weaker players... so is the system staying the same?

I'd also like to say... that it's even WORSE if your opponent is ALREADY transformed, but won't let you transform.... =/ so I'm wondering what the team has done about this?

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It helps not to suck at this game so much.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
You miss the point, evil. Seems what you claim to have in skill, you don't in brains. Stay out of my thread, I don't like immature kids with inflated egos.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think there's going to be invincibility, but I'm sure the team will find a workaround for the transformation system so you don't have to hide and pray that nobody finds you like in 1.2. :p

Force Pit Member
Best answers
im all pro invincibility. The only reason the characters succeeded in transforming is because the rival character was too stupid to realize he has to do something or he is good as dead.

We all know how the series would have ended if Frieza was just smart enough to attack the moment he saw the lightning on Namek or the first time Goku's hair started to blurs into golden.

imagine if this was a war game and when a player reaches a certain number of kills he has nukes that launch in 1 second. yea..

So yes i'd say give invincibility.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to look at the cons, though. What if a player who doesn't want to die just spams the ascend and descend button?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It can go either way, question is, what will get spammed more?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wouldn't really matter though, because if a player was about to kill you with melee, you could just hit ascend to avoid the attack, and then descend to stop transforming and attack said opponent. Rinse and repeat. In another case, you could just be alive the whole time by transforming, ascending, and then transforming again.. rinse and repeat. The only decent workaround (that I can think of, anyways) with having immortality in would be to have a two second (or more) vulnerability period at the beginning of the transformation.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, maybe you can only ascend if you didn't engage in the last 10 seconds
How's that?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Transing is a privilege, not a right. Invincibility the very first time you trans, nothing after.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Well, one fix would be to remove the ability to descend unless a player dies (thus making abuse impossible).

Or better yet, they can put a cool-down that makes it impossible to descend more than once every 3 minutes or so.

OR... they can make it so that it's impossible to stop transforming once it's begun. Also, invincibility wouldn't have to apply to instant transformations or shorter transformations. Meaning once you reach a higher power level and goku just yells with no lightning, he wouldn't be invincible during that transformation.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly I like the idea of being vulnerable for the first few seconds and not being able to interupt trans sequence by pressing descend.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vulnerable for first few moments and can cancel, then once trans is well under way, you are invulnerable but cannot cancel. This seems to make sense for me. Perhaps something like a pre-trans animation before your player assumes the 'constipated' pose, that way people can see where the threshold is.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You miss the point, evil. Seems what you claim to have in skill, you don't in brains. Stay out of my thread, I don't like immature kids with inflated egos.
wow watch that temper young one

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly I like the idea of being vulnerable for the first few seconds and not being able to interupt trans sequence by pressing descend.
Didnt we talk about that like a year ago or was it further back in time :s

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, one fix would be to remove the ability to descend unless a player dies (thus making abuse impossible).

Or better yet, they can put a cool-down that makes it impossible to descend more than once every 3 minutes or so.

OR... they can make it so that it's impossible to stop transforming once it's begun. Also, invincibility wouldn't have to apply to instant transformations or shorter transformations. Meaning once you reach a higher power level and goku just yells with no lightning, he wouldn't be invincible during that transformation.
a Cool down is the key. This way it can not be abused. a 3 min cooldown after a transforamtion has been cancelled would suffice.

What kyn suggested (bluesayian suggested it, in a way, also) will also work.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We will not be having any cooldown timers in the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a solution to the problems here involving spam:

Make the transformation cost a lot of your ki unless you finish it. That way it can't be spammed, and you can't have been chased for an hour by someone and still "evade" it by starting your invincible transformation.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Yes! That would be perfect, Avenger! Invincibility would be fine as long as it used like 80% of their ki.

And I'm not sure if the pros can still fight with like 20% ki, so if this idea were combined with the "invincible after 3 seconds of transforming" idea I think it would be full-proof.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom