So tempted to...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All that I meant is that the PC has more games then either the PS3 or 360

Best answers
All that I meant is that the PC has more games then either the PS3 or 360

True. True. It still has no exclusives though, and i'd buy a console just to play some of the great stuff out there on the PS3.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought one, here's a list of why to get it :p

Heavy Rain - PS3 only.
MGS4 - PS3 Only.
Kingdom Hearts III - probably PS3 only.
Final Fantasy XIII - will have better audio, no multi discing.
GoW III - Ps3 only.
Again, free multiplayer.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Fantasy XIII - will have better audio, no multi discing.
And...I wonder about something else. I just downloaded the Final Trailer from the Japanese Playstation Network Store...and all cutscenes shown were Full HD, 1080p. Makes you wonder if FF13 will be 1080p, since it obviously can't play 1080p cutscenes, when the resolution of the game is 720p (I doubt they will have the PS3 switch to 1080p whenever a cutscene is being played, and turn back to 720p whenever you are just playing the game.)

Is GoW III out yet?
Not yet, is expected March 2010. They have released a GoW I&II remastered version for the PS3 though including a GoW III demo. 720p graphics.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care what anyone says, FF13 will be better on the PS3.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus Wheres_ stop *****ing about. At least the PS3 HAS the capability to play 1080p games (Gran Turismo 5 anyone?). And the capability to play 1080p movies/trailers. So yeah, you do want to get that HDMI cable, even if it is for lowly 720p games.
...?

I don't understand your frustration.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, free multiplayer.
I'm kind of really behind in my current gen gaming, but how much is a ps3 compared to the other two systems? I assume XBox live is a monthly payment kind of deal, so you'd eventually spend more than a ps3 when taking that into account after a few months.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sold my ps3 on craigslist,

I was pulled in by metal gear solid 4, and when that was finished i was left with a huge shiny paper 300$ weight.

im sure there are other good games for it, but on a comparable level to 360? hell no.

I will give the ps3 this, for a media center it is a beast. You can pop on the web browser and watch movies on hulu, youtube, play blu-rays and dvds, stream content from your pc. Copy content from your pc, in a well organized menu. (granted 360 can do this as well, but not as fancy :) ) That's about all I used it for to be honest.

as far as games though, I rented metal gear solid 4 and fallout 3. Never actually purchased a game for it, And I'm glad lol.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just cant play Fighting games on 360. It doesn't feel right at all. I am used to my Tekken and Street Fighter on a Playstation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True. True. It still has no exclusives though

-_-

This thread kinda solved itself, too bad I didn't save someone wasting their money though.

I'm sure you'll be happy with it for a while though- I don't want to spoil your fun.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it, I love it being a "media centre" too, specially since I was devoid of all these things outside of my living room, I can finally watch the tv/movies etc when I want to, in my bedroom, this was one of the major advantages it has over the xbox and ultimately is why I chose it.

I'm loving MGS4 even if it is very VERY cutscene heavy, still love it. I got assassins creed 2 which is also an excellent game. There's a bunch of other titles I'm looking to pick up but probably when they go down a bit in price. I dunno where to start with other games though, I'm going to probably have a good browse and decide, though I'm really excited about Darksiders, that game looks so damn beautiful. I don't really care too much about the exclusives, I wanted something to cover all my needs, not just gaming and dvd needs, I already sort of had that with a pc and my ps2 :x only thing I'm gutted about is not having halo. Plus I've always been a japanese game fan, they cook up some interesting/awesome titles, and not all of them make it to xbox, stuff like final fantasy 13 versus is a bonus, might check out that naruto game at some point also. Xbox does have a plethora of fps's, I don't really like FPS games, much at all really, I like halo... TF2, and thats about it, I know with playstation titles, they tend to be more hack and slash orientated (my kinda game), more RPG's, beat-em ups etc.

Warren, please don't bang on about how much of a waist it is, because you really don't know what my tastes or my needs are, soon as you start understanding we all don't think like you, the less of an arsehole you'll seem. I really couldn't give a **** about resolution, for a start I'm playing it on a tv with a built in VCR, with a 16 inch screen.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think MGS4 is great, because it is so cutscene driven. The way the storyline is told is just awesome. If you are into it, also get Dragon Age, great game.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omggg isn't AC2 one of the greatest games evar ;_;

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think MGS4 is great, because it is so cutscene driven. The way the storyline is told is just awesome. If you are into it, also get Dragon Age, great game.
Do yourself a favor and get Dragon Age on the PC, if you're interested in it and if you have a machine capable of running it (which isn't too tough; my 2.5-year-old beater can run it just fine). From what I understand, the console version was "dumbed down" quite a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do yourself a favor and get Dragon Age on the PC, if you're interested in it and if you have a machine capable of running it (which isn't too tough; my 2.5-year-old beater can run it just fine). From what I understand, the console version was \"dumbed down\" quite a bit.
For the matter, anything that is on PC should get the preference- which is what I was trying to say here...

For me the only reason to get a console is the exclusives (I don't buy cross platform games for consoles)- and right now neither the ps3 or 360 have enough to warrant a purchase imo.
I don't like gears or halo- mgs4 and lbp are great but it's not enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom