So tempted to...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
get a ps3... I'm really finding it hard not buying one.

Anyone wanna throw in their thoughts on the console, I'd hate to make an uninformed decision :x

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wut :(?

I need help!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I am not sure. I think he means you can buy a highend computer, install linux on it and use a ps3 emu instead, or use the same pc versions of the ps3 games you wanted to buy and play them on the pc.

This way you are not limited to consoleness, but you also just got yourself your own high end computer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My PS3 only serves to play Blu Ray DVD's and Metal Gear Solid 4. I kid you not. I have Infamous and LittleBigPlanet and I think they're very overhyped.

My 360 on the other hand.. I could write a whole paragraph about how good I think it is, but I won't. I'll just say I really, really prefer the 360 over the PS3. Especially for multiplayer.

What got you interested in buying a PS3?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PS3 Pro's:
Free multiplayer (both wired and wireless connections, at least on my fatps3)
Blu-ray player
Blu-ray discs (more data on the disc means higher ceiling, also very rare that you have to disc swap in the middle of a game)
Most powerful hardware out of the three next gen consoles
Out of the box usb-rechargable controller (no batteries)

Cons:
No swappable hard drive
No back compatability (not with the slim model at least)
Architecture is harder to develop on, meaning most developers don't take advantage of the hardware
Slightly more expensive ($300 last time I checked)
Non-console exclusives have a slight tendency to be better adapted for the 360 (Ghostbusters, Bayonetta, etc)

As for games, it really depends what types of games you like. I would highly recommend Valkyria Chronicles and the Uncharted series. Infamous isn't a bad game either, it plays a lot like Prototype. If you like shooters, the Resistance series isn't bad. I would stay away from Killzone though because they went a little too heavy on the motion blur, makes the game a little jarring. You've also got the Ninja Gaiden Sigma series if you like that sort of thing, though I still don't know why they removed 90% of the gore from Sigma 2. If you're a fan of Metal Gear then you already know about Metal Gear Solid 4. I hear good things about Demon's Souls, and you can't forget about the upcoming God of War 3.

Games I own.
Games I'm looking at.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Their recent advertisements have gotten my PS3 gears turning too. They had a very good ad campaign going on in America at least. The price tag still turns me off though.

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I am not sure. I think he means you can buy a highend computer, install linux on it and use a ps3 emu instead, or use the same pc versions of the ps3 games you wanted to buy and play them on the pc.

This way you are not limited to consoleness, but you also just got yourself your own high end computer
wrong....
install linux on the ps3 and you will have an high end computer

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since people took their time, I went out and bought one XD

Lots of things got me interested in it really, a lot of people at work have them and go on about how fantastic they are. Here, you can get bbc Iplayer (television programmes on demand) for free on it, pick a bbc tv program thats been on within the last 2 weeks and stream it at high quality, plus people at work say how you can stream videos, music etc from your pc straight onto it. I also happen to have always liked playstation, and the games that come out on it, I do love xbox, mostly for Halo, but it has far too many fps's and not enough rpgs etc for my liking. I dunno, all these contributing factors, as well as some nice titles on it (mgs4 for example) just made me want it >_<

This linux thing sounds interesting too, i want to be able to digitally paint in my room, and have high quality references when I do traditional work (painting, drawing practice etc) so if I can get linux, a copy of photoshop and my tablet to work on it, I'd be over the moon.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain, I don't know where you got your info from, but harddrives are swapable in the PS3. I currently have a 320gb harddrive in my PS3.

On a side note, Linux works great on the PS3. That is if you know how to install and work with it. tried it myself, got the thing running perfectly, but had a hard time installing any programs on it. But if you know how to work with Linux, I would definitly get a bigger harddrive and install Linux on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain, I don't know where you got your info from, but harddrives are swapable in the PS3. I currently have a 320gb harddrive in my PS3.
Forgive me. What I meant was that the ps3 hard drive is much more involved if you want to swap it for another one. You can just pop off the one on the 360 in one press.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't buy a console from this gen anymore... wait for the next lot.

Build a good PC and get an xbox controller- better than any console around anyway.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 2

End of discussion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had sex that lasted longer than that game. I don't need you to believe me for it to be true either.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 lasts longer then 40 seconds

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 lasts longer then 40 seconds
LOL that one hurt.

I am also looking towards getting a PS3.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have both the PS3 and the XBOX 360. The 120GB PS3 Slim is a good buy, for only $300, the backwards compatibility doesn't bother me much, the PS3's exclusives are worth playing, only a few are worth purchasing. Try renting a few games and trying out the PS3 for what it is, for whatever reason the PS3 is met with disdain.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
" :) "

Drugs are a fantastic thing.

Last edited:
Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have an HDTV, the Blu-Ray is great especially for action movies/movies with lots of special effects. There is also a great lineup of exclusives.

Current Games (there are more, these are just based off what I have in my collection.)
- Ratchet & Clank Series
- Uncharted 1 & 2
- Killzone 2
- Resistance 2
- Warhawk
- Demon's Souls (this **** is harrrrd)
- Infamous
- LittleBigPlanet
- Metal Gear Solid 4

And upcoming exculsives to look out for:
- God of War III
- Heavy Rain
- Gran Turismo 5
- The Last Guardian (from the creator of Shadow of The Colossus and Ico)
- ModNation Racers (like LBP, but racing)
- White Knight Chronicles
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Final Fantasy XIV

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have an HDTV, the Blu-Ray is great especially for action movies/movies with lots of special effects. There is also a great lineup of exclusives.

Current Games (there are more, these are just based off what I have in my collection.)
- Ratchet & Clank Series
- Uncharted 1 & 2
- Killzone 2
- Resistance 2
- Warhawk
- Demon's Souls (this **** is harrrrd)
- Infamous
- LittleBigPlanet
- Metal Gear Solid 4

And upcoming exculsives to look out for:
- God of War III
- Heavy Rain
- Gran Turismo 5
- The Last Guardian (from the creator of Shadow of The Colossus and Ico)
- ModNation Racers (like LBP, but racing)
- White Knight Chronicles
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Final Fantasy XIV

Actually I do have an HDTV, hooked up to my PC with HDMI which runs my movies and games at 1080p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom