So no topic on it yet...DayZ, the realistic survival horror mod, in Alpha.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://dayzmod.com/

You need ArmAII & Operation Arrowhead.

Realistic "Zombies" with custom animations - These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight, on top of that they use motion captured animations such as walking and eating from your unconscious body. If you look into any built up area you'll see them walking around waiting for their next victim which dares to venture in.

New weapons and vehicles! - Ever felt like you needed a Crossbow? Or maybe a less military like weapon? If you have then this is perfect for you as we have both of these created to high quality standards all ready for your use in this wasteland. On top of that you can even pick up the bolts fired from the Crossbow to reuse! Not only that we also have created custom vehicles which can be repaired and ridden around to show the world what you're made of!

Custom Medical System - ArmA II's magic medic feature is a thing of the past with this medical system - If you get shot, expect to bleed and to lose blood until you're bandaged up. Lost too much blood? Then expect to fall over unconscious. If you get shot in the leg then you won't be able to walk until you get morphine so you can man up. Pain is also a factor taken into consideration so without pain killers after taking an injury you'll continue to shake. This is medical at it's best!

Persistent Server - Fed up of spending so many hours working towards a goal or finding supplies and then the server crashes on you losing all your progress? Well with the DayZ server all stat's are saved to our external database so where ever you log off, whatever you have will be keep on you next time you come back in. This means you can spend however long you want doing what you want to do. As long as you don't die during the night!

Tons of new objects - We haven't just added in big things like weapons, we take pride in little details so expect to find things such as water canteens, a number of canned foods, junk and car parts (Along with more!) each of which have their own models, textures and UI imagery, once again all created to that high quality you expect in a full scale modification and we're sure you won't be disappointed with it. Nothing has been rushed.

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by a very subtle GUI which doesn't effect the atmosphere, and if you don't fufill those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Heavy Optimisation - The DayZ server has been designed to give the best play possible. Custom coding and edits have created a smooth running world which can easily have thousands of zombies spawned at once!
Watch Arnold, the Terminator, play DayZ:

http://youtu.be/fgKIeKavdkI

And this is a good video for getting used to the game...

http://youtu.be/mOB7YGgREFg

------------------

This is not a mod for people who want constant action, or want to kill Zombies. The best thing to do in this game is to...avoid the Zombies. As well as other players, unless they are your friends...most are bandits...wanting your gear.

It's so intense, the music, the mood, the atmosphere...you can just get lost...

140 miles of actual Terrain. It can take days to get some places...supplies can be tough...Zombies can be all about...and they really do hear your gun shots. I found a Crossbow and went all Stealthy and it works great. I've been shot upon also by players, who seem to have terrible aim...I always manage to get them, despite them shooting first...dunno.

But there is such a sense of scope...it is Alpha, and you need a really beefy rig...but just...wow. It's...so easy to lose yourself...just exploring, surviving...knowing this isn't like Resident Evil or L4D or any other Zombie game. Zombies are there, but you'd best avoid them, even fully geared up.

You can find cars and repair and drive them, as well as Helicopters. You need Gas for cars and everything basically, powering buildings. Characters are persistent across all servers. It has caused ArmAII to be Steams top seller for weeks, and Amazon actually sold out for nearly a week of keys. There are talks already of it going retail; Valve is talking about it, as is Bohemia thinking of including it in ArmAIII, like a Zombie mode, ala Call of Duty.

It is not a game for everyone. Takes hours, patience, and there is no real goal, except Survival in a harsh, unforgiving world. You need to eat, keep warm, you can get sick and need antibiotics. You can start fires...the world is on a true 24 hour cycle, night and day, depending on server location...

It's very fun. It's an experience that can cause you to change the way you play games. It really is not for everyone; alot of people find it incredibly boring due to their being no real objective or "end game".

But with the right people...it can be a unique experience no other game can offer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That first video i was laughing through out it, The guy that sounds so much like arnald the guy recording calls him dr kimble when he got attacked.(going back to the video i see why he called him that, thats his alias lol)

So awesome of a voice

Edit: oh yeah, and this is EXACTLY the kind of game I wanted for years!

Last edited:
Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Doesn't really take days to get one place to another, you can run from the beach on the south to the end of the map on the north in just around an hour. Having been playing it for about a week and a half or so now I can agree with just about everything else.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I actually played this today! :p
It's fun but it was a short game for me because I couldn't join my own server...but my classmates could.
Anyway, zombies look 'good' and I like the many places you can enter.

Lets hope they decrease map size..or at least increase car amount.
I do have patience, but IRL my time isn't as lengthy...

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually played this today! :p
It's fun but it was a short game for me because I couldn't join my own server...but my classmates could.
Anyway, zombies look 'good' and I like the many places you can enter.

Lets hope they decrease map size..or at least increase car amount.
I do have patience, but IRL my time isn't as lengthy...
Neither of those two things should happen.

The map is 140 miles...literally.

Cars are supposed to be rare and a treat.

It's a game meant to just sit down and relax with, not accomplish anything.

and mac, I find that hard to believe, unless you had a Helicopter or something :p

There's players to look out for, Zombies, and just in general lengthy Terrain, the need to stop to eat, drink, ect. :p

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Run from Cherno all the way up. Telling you, takes an hour. Made that run 3 times the other day because friends kept spawning down there. it's roughly a 13 kilometer run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom