So...new drivers?

Best answers
I'll make this short. I have an ATI 128 mb 9800. Will the latest ATI drivers make the graphics better? Is it bad to dl the new drivers if I have no problems with the starter ones? So basically...should I get new drivers or not?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drivers are usually put out to fix bugs in well-known games, and to further optimize the performance of the card, as well as add new customization options. Upgrading your drivers won't always increase your performance, it may add quality, or let you play games that would crash/have artifacts before.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
new drivers = always good
lol my Geforce 6800 rejected my updated driver, got the blue screen fatal error every time I started computer, reinstalled like 10 times and did it every time. I had to go to safe mode and put OLD updates back... ridiculous

Best answers
I am surprised at Raven Trunks post, nVidia has always been notorious for there amazing drivers that have been known to greatly increase compatibility, and performance. Rest assured RavenTrunks, they will soon fix the problem at hand I can at least guarentee you that.

Best answers
Hmmm...I'm seeing a lot of yes although i've heard that the new ATI drivers aren't so great. Eh, still confused...can some ATI owner recommend the new drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom