so i re-bought half life yesterday..

Best answers
i used to play this game all the time right before evm came out, then i mvoed and lost my cd. so i rebought half life yesterday, and i start playing again, and i guess you've completly chagned the way melee combat works and i really really suck at it now. it used to be just runnig up to the guy and smacking him across the map. if anyone could help me out abit, get re-aquainted with the game, id appreciate it. i've read the tutorial and it didnt help much, and the bots even at the easiest setting can own me now -_-.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure you have one selected.

If you swoop (assuming you know what that is) and dont press anything, you'll be shot into a combo kind of thing. Once you're in this sequence, press and hold left click and another sequence comes up. During this time press WASD (or you're directional buttons) to create arrows.

Red = hard, blue = Medium, green = weak

Moving back a step to the prepunch sequence, instead of holding left arrow, if you hold right arrow, you'll begin a throw sequence. The bar starts slow but gets faster past the line.

Moving back to while you are swooping at them, if you swoop and hold the right mouse button, you will do a knockback. the knockback... uh, knocks them back. You can do a total of 2 knockbacks.

Hope that helped in some kind of way.

Best answers
well, to be honest im mainly having problems with people spamming the hell out of me with melee attacks and i cant do anything about it.

i also said i read the tutorial

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thoto said:
well, to be honest im mainly having problems with people spamming the hell out of me with melee attacks and i cant do anything about it.

i also said i read the tutorial
Melee is used throughout the game constantly, hardly anyone considers melee spam as it's not as big a problem as beam spam is. Also, the esf-world flash tut is a lot more indepth then the tutorial that comes with esf.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thoto said:
the flash tutorial is the one that i read...
You should of been more clear on what tutorial you were looking at in your earlier posts in this thread to save the confusion, as there is a player's manual that also comes with esf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom