So I need your help. I'm nothing without you!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I got some sweet footage of me and some buds hitting it up at Vale, and now I'd like to put it on my computer. But I need software to do it apparently, so uh, what software exaclty do I need? Anyone know? (I've never done this before)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Adobe Premiere, or Adobe Premiere Elements is top notch stuff. I've used them before and they work, but they're pricy, of course, since it's Adobe. I think it's capable of both firewire and USB transfer, though I think firewire is faster. Maybe not, I dunno. I hope this is a digi cam, btw, otherwise you'rre going to need hella more hardware. If it's a regular cam that doens't have USB or FW, you need something that has RCA (Triple head plugs) in. Premiere should be able to handle that as well, but the hardware's the issue there. Might just need a TV tuner card or something, I dunno much beyond digital import since it's been years since I've used an analog one ;P

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naw it's a digital cam. And damnit. It never came with a fire wire port or usb. Which means I get to spend more money! Woo hoo! As if the cam wasn't enough >.>

So, which would you prefer? Permiere or Elements? I don't want to spend the money on 2 softwares. But thanks for the advice.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should be able to copy them and what not just using default stuff in windows such as browsing the device and using windows picture/fax viewser (atleast when I use digital cameras).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Premiere has always been good for the money I spent on it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
You should be able to copy them and what not just using default stuff in windows such as browsing the device and using windows picture/fax viewser (atleast when I use digital cameras).
That's not what I have been told. People tell me I need certain software to upload video's to my computer. I was actually surprised. They told me even with mini dvd's I need software. Which is kinda odd if you ask me.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Try it without software and then if you do need some try to find some trial versions of them to see which you prefer. Should have trials on their websites.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, how hard have you looked for fw/usb ports? I can't imagine a digi cam that doesn't have one or both x.x; Anyway, Elements is much simpler a program if you just need to do basic editing. If you wanna get Fancy Pants, then get the full version.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
Uh, how hard have you looked for fw/usb ports? I can't imagine a digi cam that doesn't have one or both x.x; Anyway, Elements is much simpler a program if you just need to do basic editing. If you wanna get Fancy Pants, then get the full version.

no no no, i mean it didn't COME with a usb. It has a port on it. It just didn't come with one. So I have to go out and buy one :(

I don't really want to edit so much. I more just want to transfer it from my camera to my computer. With good quality of course. So Elements is the easy one, premiere is the .... better one? Or w/e? I dunno. I'll probably get premiere then. Thanks, a mod can close this now.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's even uploaded on your boxen, what type of file is it? (.avi? .wmv?)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Closed on request.

Also, you should find a way to distribute the video. Even if it's just sending it to me over a messenger or something. Vale's sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom