So, I made a song.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't suppose you could put it on youtube or something? I don't really trust download sites like that.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Sorry.

Hold on.

EDIT: Here you go.

By the way, if you have any suggestions to a site that streams with no bullshit, let me know.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Sounds nice, I like the jazzy guitar. But to be honest, I was waiting for the song to start(perhaps that's what you mean by a little ditty).
It sounds raw, 'vinyl record'-like.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I suggest uploading songs on soundcloud. It's awesome place to upload.

Though isn't in my taste, it's pretty cool anyways :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would say that the guitar part doesn't contrast well with the vocal. I would try lowering it by an octave and putting a little more energy into the vocals. The guitar is currently soulful and light, but the vocals are depressed. Or give the guitar part a more sad, emotional feel so it can match.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think lowering the octave is going to help. The guitar and vocals sound like they belong to two different songs. I'd listen to both songs, but together, they don't seem to mesh well. To me, anyway.

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
Thanks for the thoughts and pointers, guys. I'll probably wind up taking bits and pieces from this track to inspire other songs. This was just a test to see what my new mic was capable of. I have a few projects coming up, so I might be posting a little more of my audio work on web cartoons or something.

I would say that the guitar part doesn't contrast well with the vocal. I would try lowering it by an octave and putting a little more energy into the vocals. The guitar is currently soulful and light, but the vocals are depressed. Or give the guitar part a more sad, emotional feel so it can match.
You know, the lead guitar is actually a result of seeing what I can push with my mixer. It's the same acoustic guitar playing on the track, so to me, that was just fun to do. :p As for the contrast, I saw that too but I wanted to experiment with a few styles. I'm still ******* with the levels right now just to familiarize myself with Logic. I do understand what you're getting at, though. Thank you, sir, for the critique.

I don't think lowering the octave is going to help. The guitar and vocals sound like they belong to two different songs. I'd listen to both songs, but together, they don't seem to mesh well. To me, anyway.
Like I said, this was the byproduct of messing around with the audio levels and filters. I think it sounds interesting, but then again I might be biased. Don't get me wrong, though. I would in no manner call this a finished product. Just some fun with a new toy. Thanks anyway for the listen and input, man.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom