So I just watched Death Note for the first time...And Anime Suggestions Thread.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So I just watched Death Note for the first time. I watched 12 episodes so far. I've been loving it so far. The only other Animes I've watched are Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, Dragonball Z Kai, Blue Exorcist, Naruto, Naruto Shitpoodamn, and now Death Note. Any suggestions on what I should check out?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I've been a FMA fan for a long time now, and Brotherhood was just unbelievably good.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yes FM:B is really good. If you like some of the mind games in Death Note, I would suggest Code Geass, it has two seasons. I have so many to suggest, but I think it will be too many recommendations! :p But one that you really should see and is up there with Naruto and Bleach...One Piece!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Talking about mind games, try watching Akagi. The soundtrack was even done by the same guy who did Death Note's, and while it has a really different animation style, the entire series is about the titular character mind-raping people with gambling.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes FM:B is really good. If you like some of the mind games in Death Note, I would suggest Code Geass, it has two seasons. I have so many to suggest, but I think it will be too many recommendations! :p But one that you really should see and is up there with Naruto and Bleach...One Piece!
I really miss FM same goes for every episodes of it.

They are 4 show I miss a lot though. Gundam Seed, Erika 7 and Inuyasha and Sonic X. I use to watch them when I was little; in the morning and at night time. 3 of them were on only at night time on YTV every Friday and Saturday [Edit] But its sad since Bionix is been removed, I cannot watch them again except on channel 210. Sonic X only comes on only Fridays on FoxBox along with Yu-Gi-Oh Kirby and TMNT.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Definitely Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's a great anime.
Code Geass is also very good but more similar to Death Note.
Other than these two.... Deadman Wonderland, Gantz and the new comer Attack on Titan.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wolf's rain. One of THEE best written anime ever. Splendidly voice-acted even in the English version, for those that may know what I'm talking about, man I wish I had Tsume's voice. Anyway yeah great voice-acting a deep story that required me 3 complete watches to fully understand, but hey I'm a potato so it should take you less, and the most impressive thing about it, while I loved FMA Brotherhood, as that too had splendid English voice-acting also, where do I start? Bradley, Armstrong, Mustang, Scar... ME WANTS THOSE MAGNIFICENT VOICES! , anyway back on topic what bothered me a little is how many times they used silly animations especially in the first half of it.
Wolf's Rain however has not even a single instance when they use silly animations, like characters screaming while growing in size for example, and that really surprised me in an anime. So yeah make some time and check both of these treasures out.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Full metal panic made me laugh quite a bit tbh i'll suggest this one ^^
3 seasons,
Fumoffu is spin off but it's funny as hell

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Kara no Kyoukai, I recommend this to every one every time :V
Fate/Zero
Monster, anime or manga. Also 20th Century Boys, though that's manga only with live action adaptions.
Psycho-Pass, recent cyberpunk animu
Mawaru Penguindrum
Shinsekai Yori
Bakemonogatari and all other 'gatari's(Nisemono, Kuromono, Katana etc.)
Suisei no Gargantia
Puella Magi Madoka Magica...don't let the cute art fool you one bit, seriously.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
  • Magi
  • Psycho Pass
  • Suisei No Garantia <--- highly recommend, only 13 episodes. has really good ending.
  • Code Geass
  • K Project (K) <--- almost all the characters are bishonen. good series if you get past that.
  • Btooom! <--- another good series but ended randomly
  • Blassreiter <--- boobs
  • Darker Than Black

Capt'n Red Beard
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Check out SAO.
Known as Svord Art Online

--- edit ---

Check out SAO.