So I Got a PSP

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I own a PSP as well (Not the new one sadly). I like it, even though I'm not using it for Homebrew games. I just use it to play Crisis Core, and listen to internet radio stations. :p And other games that I find on Playstation Network's site. :p

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah, but I believe it involves opening the PSP battery and doing some soldering, which I am in noooooo position to do. It's a shame for Sony. The amount of Homebrew content for the PSP was a big nudge to me, and I bet a lot of other customers aswell, but since they are making it more inconvenient for every firmware update, it looks counter-productive. But I'm so business executive, so who knows.
That's only if you plan on making the pandora, if you were to buy one online (for about $10) though you should be able to do it without the use of another PSP or opening up the battery. I just recieved my battery not too long ago, so I'll see if I can put a custom firmware on my psp for homebrewing, and I'll post back.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Btw renyori did you manage to unbrick your psp? I havent even begun to homebrew my psp yet because the current firmware is to high e.g 3:11 or something etc, been sitting in the same place for like a year
Sorry for going offtopic there chakra
Theres a couple methomds to unbrick PSPs, the method i'm going to be using is called the "Pandora's Battery" but to do it I need to borrow my friends PSP, I haven't had time to do it yet though.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well I managed to put a custom firmware on my PSP with the pandora battery and a magic memory stick using this tutorial. You gotta keep in mind that not all memory sticks can be made into a magic memory stick, so just be sure you're using a compatible one. I believe the tut should also work if you're trying to unbrick the psp.

I haven't actually tried any homebrews yet though, as I'm still in the process of looking for some useful ones.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the information, now I know where to refer to when I get my memory stick and pandora.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phew. Finally. I think I found a way out.

I heard the pandora method can downgrade any PSP with any firmware, but if you don't have a homebrew PSP to MAKE the battery, you buy one.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

And I believe you can make a magic memory stick with any PSP plugged in. I personally am just putting the memorystick in my PC's card reader. So yes, I've finally ordered the battery and hopefully this works and I can stop all this research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom