So . . . how many of you play Rock Band? Are you going to get GHIV?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How many of you guys have Rock Band, and which console did you get it for?

I have the XBox 360 version.

I'm thinking that staying away from Guitar Hero IV is a good idea, since I'm not going to dish out $180 for another set of incompatible instruments. I'm already sore that I can't use my 360 Rock Band controllers with GHII and GHIII. Similarly, I don't intend to use my PS2 GHII controller to play GHIV and load up on instruments I don't have. I may grab a 3rd party (if they ever make one for the 360) or a wired Explorer to get my 4th guitar, which would open up GHII and GHIII to me, but not neccesarily GHIV. Of course, there's also the problem that GHIV's controllers won't work with Rock Band, see angry PS3 owners for details.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm in the same boat as you Cuc.

Besides that, where am I going to put another drum kit?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently Activision hopes that my EA one will break. My Rock Band one gets collapsed up and put in the closet, there isn't room for two there, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget about the new konami rockband style game coming too. So now you will have a third set of incompatible guitars to worry about!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, Cuc, you just completely activated my Rockband / Guitar Hero pro debater ness.

I might not finish seeing as I must go to school in a bit, but in short:

Guitar Hero IV drums, they stated they've been working on the drum set for a year or so now, solely for the purpose it will not break. I'll try to pull up a source in time.

edit: source: http://www.infendo.com/wii/guitar-hero-iv-drums-revealed/

As you can tell the drums, in my opinion, are better with the Cymbal pads going along with it. That's what I love.

I'm not sure if GHIV will come with a mic to sing along with but the drums, bass, and guitar is good enough for me. I hated vocals anyways in rock band.

I was planning on getting rockband seeing as I've become extremely expert in, well, expert in guitar hero 3. I wanted to try drums out and possibly I may get the rock band to get good on drums as well. I just cannot accumilate the money for it :p

Regardless, I've been giving thought on whether to get GHIV or Rock Band. I'm still debating and well, so far I'm just not sure.

I think I'd stick with GHIV, because as shown in GH's, they tend to make things more difficult which is fun for me.

edit 2: haha, if you want to debate this, I'm the right person to do it with :)

Last edited:
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please watch the trolling, Dzamija. I don't recall a discussion about whether or not we prefer real guitars to rock band in the topic.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish they'd make a piano version of one of these games. Wasn't Rock Band originally supposed to allow that? Oh well..

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh....I'll stick to my real guitar.
I play real guitar, and that is another incompatable piece of equipment for rock band.

Smart ass.

Also Real Guitar /= Rock Band, and if you think they do you have serious problems.

Kain, I already have the Rock Band controllers, which I'm sure Activision will make as incompatable with GHIV as possible. I'm not even going to waste my time with Konami's game.

On another note, I didn't enjoy Guitar Hero III on hard and above because the not charts didn't even match the rythm of the song they were supposedly representing. Where I play Rock Band on Hard and Expert all the time and find it plausibly match the music and manage to be difficult/challenging and enjoyable. I worry that Guitar Hero IV will use the same tactics to increase difficulty.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play real guitar, and that is another incompatable piece of equipment for rock band.

Smart ass.

Also Real Guitar /= Rock Band, and if you think they do you have serious problems.

Kain, I already have the Rock Band controllers, which I'm sure Activision will make as incompatable with GHIV as possible. I'm not even going to waste my time with Konami's game.

On another note, I didn't enjoy Guitar Hero III on hard and above because the not charts didn't even match the rythm of the song they were supposedly representing. Where I play Rock Band on Hard and Expert all the time and find it plausibly match the music and manage to be difficult/challenging and enjoyable. I worry that Guitar Hero IV will use the same tactics to increase difficulty.
One of the reasons for this is because in Guitar Hero III, on non-co op songs, you're playing both the beats of the guitar + the bass / rhythym guitar. That's why the note charts are far more accurate in co-op.

I play strictly expert, and I'm pretty good, I've 5*'d every song so with rock band, to me, the guitar itself may be boring. The only song I found fun was when I played in my computer class, we had Rock Band to play during finals and Green Grass & High Tides was the only song that I found fun.

The drums are a whole other level of fun.

Personally, I like guitar hero because of it's hardness, but as good as I became it's becoming dull, that's why I was thinking of getting rock band and starting a drums career.

Regardless, I have absolutely nothing against Rock Band. It's just with Guitar Hero IV coming out, I was wondering if Rock Band was still worth the effort to get.

I'll probably get it.

But back to the discussion:

I think GH4 will be probably be remarkably easier, seeing as guitar hero 3's... I forgot the name at the moment, but it's the spacing of how far you can hit the note. It's like, the range where you can hit the notes, the spacing, you know? Anyways, they'll probably keep that for GH4 making it very easy, so it kinda worries me.

I'm probably going to get rock band though, I loved playing the drums at my friends house.

Although, I really like the drums for GH4, so if they make GH4 compatible with Rock Band (which I highly doubt), I'll definitely buy GH4.

/end long nerdy fanboy post

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate having to rebuy the same exact game over and over and over and over again.

They need to make the game a platform for digital distribution. There would only be one version, ever. It wouldn't need a game console to run, it would just plug into the TV and go. Any song you want to buy, you buy digitally like itunes, or alternatively you can buy packs.

I realize that this will never happen, but I think it would be nice. That being said, I most likely won't be buying GHIV.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same here, GHIV would have to be absolutely epic (and viable through an airborne vector) to make me get it. Konami has no chance in hell, I don't care how much epic hair metal gets in it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uuuuh video game section anyone?

Come on Cuc, on the ball son... :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just read the game informer review and I creamed my pants.

FUUUUUUCK Rock Band.

Custom Guitars? Oh **** yeah.
Custom Characters? Pretty baller, even tho rock band had this.

CUSTOM SONGS WHAT TEH FUX, HELL JAH.

The drums are a lot harder but more comfortable and quiet. And they won't break.

**** Rock Band, go get GHIV.

And @ Spunky, I love you.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll move it Warren, but if you ever call me son again I'll whip your whippersnapper ass.

Anywho, I still see no need to get it. Custom guitars? I can add custom art to all the guitars I buy in rock band, your point is? Custom Characters will probably be better in Rock Band 2 as well. Custom songs? Eh, okay, I'll see what they look like after they're hacked up. Drums are a lot harder? I think you need to play Rock Bands drums, they are pretty ****ing epicly hard. People who break their drum kits are silly, and you can fix them easily. Two cymbals doesn't make a right. I still can't use my Rock Band drums on it.

**** GHIV, I already have Rock Band, lol.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i played rock band after gh3 and it just felt broken to be honest, it was like going back to playing GH1 in terms of game mechanics.

maybe the HOPOs were easier in GH3, but as a whole the game itself was still harder and i liked that, the very first time i picked up rock band i instanty chose that green grass and high tides song and beat the holy **** out of it -_-, instantly pwning the best the game has to throw at me was kind of a turn off to the whole thing.

whereas on guitar hero 3, i am still unable to fecking beat lou on expert, and i had the game since before it was even technically released (by a few days)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom