So . . . how many of you play Rock Band? Are you going to get GHIV?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unreasonable hardness is game for some, I aim to play games for fun. So I enjoy Rock Band on Hard or Expert on occasion, and you people can't seriously say you destroyed vocals or drums on expert. If you played Rock Band for guitar only, you set yourself up for a fall.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unreasonable hardness may not be fun, but whats the harm in giving the option? The guitar in Rock Band can tend to be easy.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same goes in reverse? Where's a doable hard mode, not a hard mode with fantom notes that aren't in the game? Everything past a certain act in GHIII was completely unplayable unless you can smoke GHII on Expert.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know you should try a real instrument. Its fun. And more rewarding.

I know what you mean about the ghost notes, that was retarded.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope your not talking to me, as I not only sing and play guitar, but I play two classical woodwinds as well.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trombone > All

Don't make me open my spit valve on you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know you should try a real instrument. Its fun. And more rewarding.

I know what you mean about the ghost notes, that was retarded.
Personally, I prefer guitar hero over playing real guitar.

Mostly because all the girls I've talked to would rather be on a date playing guitar hero with a guy then just watching him play guitar while sitting there.

Another thing is I love guitar hero, it's pretty easy to start and just have plain old fun.

anyways, at the arguement that Rock Band is too easy, that's my case. I completely smash Guitar to the point where I can beat anyone I play online. So it's not really a challenge for me anymore. The drums are pretty fun, I can play Hard already on drums for the most part, but right now medium is fun for me.

I'll get the drums that come with GHIV and play with those, the cymbals IMO make it feel ****ing SICK.

And apparently the drums will NOT break on you.

GHIV seems as the right choice, mostly because of how good I've gotten.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems nice but it seems too expensive. Great idea too.

Besides, I'm in a real rock band :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why call it Guitar Hero 4 if they're adding drums?

Drutarded Hero?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And apparently the drums will NOT break on you.

GHIV seems as the right choice, mostly because of how good I've gotten.
Just fyi, the Rock Band controllers produced after the first batch are absolutely fine, I haven't had any quality issues that my early adopter freinds have had. As for them, their instruments were replaced with very little fuss and function as well as mine. Also, some of the Downloadable content is obscenely hard in Rock Band without notas phantomas.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just fyi, the Rock Band controllers produced after the first batch are absolutely fine, I haven't had any quality issues that my early adopter freinds have had. As for them, their instruments were replaced with very little fuss and function as well as mine. Also, some of the Downloadable content is obscenely hard in Rock Band without notas phantomas.
I don't know, the *only* hard songs I've seen in Rock Band were Timmy and the Lord of the Underworlds / Green Grass and High Tides, and they're still pretty easy.

Are there any songs in particular you know are definitely hard? I'll youtube a couple. To be honest the only reason I wouldn't get rock band is because how easy the songs are but if you can name a couple hard songs I'll definitely go snag it.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mostly because all the girls I've talked to would rather be on a date playing guitar hero with a guy then just watching him play guitar while sitting there.
You're not fooling anyone.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guitar Hardness:
Metallica Blackened
Train Kept A Rollin
Second solo of My Sharona at about 2:50 is evil near the middle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alu66dEWD3k
Ride the lightning and it's evil solo also at 2:50: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYKfG9gAe3o
Joker and the Theif: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to60Jh7Xo2g
Working Man, check that second solo out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvCGcMr45tU
Last Train to Clarkesville: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8YAAr7gocw

Clearly rock band is a sack of ease.

Also, I should mention this:

Kaination, if you want a single player game, Guitar Hero is your dish, but Rock Band is a chick magnet. EVERY girl I know found a place she liked and hit that **** like the angry fist of god. I kid you not, I can't tear my wife away from the mic while I hammer the axe. Rock Band is the be all end all multiplayer game. I have a feeling Guitar Hero 4 will be a bit like internet superheroes without the league of justice. Everyone is the star of their own rediculously hard part, and no one is going to want to play it unless you can find 3 Kainaitions to play it with you.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blackened

The entire song seems easy, up until the solo I shat bricks. The end of the solo is simply double tapping, which I can pull off, but looks very VERY fun for the solo.

Train Kept A Rollin

Looks pretty fun. The regular riffs look somewhat boring but solos (the reason I play these rhythym games) looks extremely fun.

My Sharona

from 3:16 - 3:22 is the kinda stuff I play this, very fun looking.

Ride The Lightning

Good song. I'm a fan of any Metallica song and they make the game fun.

Joker and The Thief

Not a difficult song at all, but the intro is very fun. Sounds awesome, that'd be the sole reason for me getting that song, the intro.

Working Man

Jesus christ, awesome song. I love Rush.

Last Train to Clarkesville

Okay song, looks easy and FC'able.

--------------

So yeah, I think you might have convinced me to buy it. It seems like the main setlist is very easy for the game, but the DLC is hard and fun.

Even though I'm good at guitar, these songs would be really fun to attempt to 5*.

And if I ever get bored of Guitar, I still have the drums.

Well Cuc, looks like you robbed me out of $170 :p

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The challenge is there, and some of the Main Content is evil at times. People who say it's too easy forget that it's designed around four instruments.

Guitar Hero is going to have some hard growing up to do, or it's going to be lopsided and poopy.

And lets not forget, Rock Band gets new DLC every week, Guitar Hero, um, not nearly as much.

For more fun, check out Boston and Judas Priest's stuff, some of their songs can be wicked hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom