So Basically..

Best answers
If it's taking this long to develop 1.1.. We can look forward to nearly two years of development before we see.. what, 1."5"? By then I'd assume melee and transformations would have been added. Either this or something is stalling the release of 1.1. In any event, what do you plan on doing when the entire HL community shifts to HL2? Let's hope it'll be easily portable..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 will be released shortly, the next update will be quicker, and add advanced melee. After that, who knows. HL won't dissapear either . . . it took Quake 1 years to go away.

Best answers
i have a little question, while on this topic... how hard would it be to add another transformation for eah character, aside from balancing them out and modelling them?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It takes a couple of weeks for the modelling/skinning, a week for the new "weapons" if they get them (coding), and a month or more to playtest it. For all the transformations, that is a bit of work.

Best answers
what cuc should have said is... it will be out when they feel like letting it out. damn he is losing his touch :(

V'

Best answers
I atleast expect a new trans in 1.4 or 1.3.More on the former than on the latter.Anyways, transforming code may take a while. I expect 1.3, will take longer because of the new trans and stuff.

Best answers
But I don't think Quake 2 was as big a phenomenon as Half Life 2 will be. Who knows.

Best answers
Sorry if this is a noob question but after the new beta come out do ya'll like just start in the new one or wait and what will u think beta 3 will have i mean like do ya'll add a little at a time or like after this new beta comes out the next one will be like a huge update with new tranfomations and stuff like that or is that going to take a long long time tell thats comes out? Cause i will love to face vegita in super s 2 and when i am facing him all of sudden i turn super 3 with goku and send vegita to a nice place i call ground. That will be hot and fun but i don't mean to juge whatever ya'll do i know it will be for the best.

Best answers
1.1 is taking a long time but after more and more updates, it will be faster because there will be less work to do, less things to update.

Best answers
Yes, updates will come like rainfall after 1.2...1.2 takes care of advanced melee, the largest obstacle in esf.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm betting much of the work in 1.1 came in the form of code optimization, and animations. Anims aren't easy, but I'm betting code optimization took the longest.

-Karrde-

Best answers
O so wwhen beta1.1 come out the rest will come faster and faster? So this is the longest one we have to wait for or is beta1.2 is going to be the one thatd take the longest?

V'

Best answers
I imagine 1.2 will take longer because of coding for the new melee system.

Best answers
yeah coding takes freaking ages, and mean ages, it took me 2 weeks to write 60 (200 before optimising) lines of code at uni for an assignment. 2 days to write the bulk of it up, a week to get it working, and another half a week to optimise.

bottom line, very hard to give a timeline as to compleation dates when codeing is involved.

Best answers
All i can say if this kips up ESF may become the best Mode for HalfLife ever (i think version 1.3 will be "powerfull" enough to win by GamePlay even over CS). Thank you ESF team for making this great mod.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF, and Natural-Selection will most likely be able to go head to head against Counter-Strike in the future. They are probably the only 2 mods with the biggest fan base other than DOD, and CS.

Best answers
Valve has been very very vague about what the HL2 engine will be like so far. I'm sure we'll have much more information after E3 where they plan to debute the game. Rumor has it, again i repeat RUMOR, but it may be backwards compatable for the MOD communities sake. Basically it will run the HL1 mod's and then open up all its new abilities for future updates and releases. Valve isn't dumb enough to kill the gigantic mod community its got right now. Lets hope and pray.

Best answers
:\ WooHoo ya GO NS AND ESF... Yall can kick CS's ass... That may not be on topic but most people are critisizong those games now...(crtisozin,critisising, ah wahtever).

Best answers
Cs isn't bad, just uhnfair frustrating, annoying, wait, it is bad :p yeah, ESF rocks even for people who don't like DBZ. its just l33t like that. or should I say leik?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom