Snake?! Snake?!?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?!?!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MGS4 comes out in exactly 3 weeks tomorrow. It's the <b>next</b> big PS3 exclusive (Haze was a bust).

All of the pre-release media leads me to believe this game will be stellar, nor do I think Kojima would have let this game gone gold if he thought it wasn't damn near perfect.

<param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=33853"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=33853" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God. Just. Yes. I'll admit, I am a relatively new Metal Gear Solid fan (beat MGS2 for the first time LAST year), but this looks awesome. I just have not accepted the idea of playing as old-man Snake yet. I hear that may not be the entire game?

Ashame it's the last one, but I do not doubt Kojima went all out on this one. Brawl also gives a nice touch to Snake too.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only having recently gotten into Metal Gear myself, although I do remember watching a friend play the first one on the original PlayStation years ago, I just bought the essentials pack when it came out a few months ago; Metal Gear Solid, MGS2, and MGS3 for $29.99.

I am still very excited for this final instalment. I even had an eerie chill when liquid yells "Brother!"

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope they rework the online experience system, or vote kicking.

Its no fun playing for an hour, then to get kicked out of the room because you dragged some poor soul into the corner and choked him out 15 times in a row and get no experience for the entire match.

I prefer call of duty 4's xp system. If they wanna kick me out thats fine, but give me my experience.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be truthful, I might get a PS3 simply for this one game.

I've been playing and played every single Metal Gear Solid since I was ****ing 8 years old. I've beat number Metal Gear Solid 1 three times. I beat Metal Gear Solid 2 at least ten times. I beat Metal Gear Solid 3 three times as well.

I'm ****ing 17 and this is the last, I need to play this.

I'm serious, I need this. I may just buy a PS3, or hopefully someone would let me borrow it, simply for this game.

Looks spectacular.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is one of the games that i have waited most in this decade.

Too bad i don't have a ps3, maybe i really should get it soon ( i'm a really big Metal Gear digger )..

To Chakra-X :

Yes, this is the last of Metal Gear Solid. Solid Snake is going to die from FoxDie anyway, so he decides to kill himself when the job is done. There is no continuum to this.

However, Kojima has hinted that the question on Metal Gear to continue is open. Which of course means : Yes, it will continue, only with different characters. It won't be the same without Solid Snake or Big Boss though.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Too bad i don't have a ps3, maybe i really should get it soon ( i'm a really big Metal Gear digger )..

To Chakra-X :

Yes, this is the last of Metal Gear Solid. Solid Snake is going to die from FoxDie anyway, so he decides to kill himself when the job is done. There is no continuum to this.

However, Kojima has hinted that the question on Metal Gear to continue is open. Which of course means : Yes, it will continue, only with different characters. It won't be the same without Solid Snake or Big Boss though.. :(
Well Kojima did do his best to bring Raiden into the picture ^^

As hated as he was in MGS2 he just might become good with the public after 4 ^^

Trouth be told. I wana see a remake of MG1, MG2: Solid Snake, MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 on the new engine :p

Well i could go without the MGS 1, 2 and 3 remakes. But MG1 and MG2 would own bigtime :p

The originall missions Snake was on when first encountering Metal Gear and when he kills Big Boss :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played the hell out of Metal Gear Solid 1, but only beat 2 and 3 once, each. 4 looks really really cool, but it's not going to make me get a PS3.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

To Chakra-X :

Oh, thanks for the spoiler, best friend.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, thanks for the spoiler, best friend.
If you didn't know Snake was going to die, as intimated by Kojima countless times, you aren't really a fan of MGS.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do do do do do .. do do do ! IMPRESSIVE, Snake!

Kudos to anyone who knows what part that's from.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IGN UK gives MGS4 a 9.9/10.
They also gave GTA IV a 10, which it definitely doesn't deserve, so that doesn't mean anything to me. That isn't to say MGS4 isn't great. I'm certain it is. Just not 9.9/10 great. We'll see in the coming weeks, I guess.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is probably better than GTA4.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Looks like I'll finally have a reason to buy a PS3, Well i guess I'll get a free blu-ray player with it =)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EuroGamer seems to rate below the curve for a lot of games both PS3 and 360.

It also gave Gears of War a 8/10, which has a metacritic score of 94/100.

Either way, I'm still buying the game, I need closure.

Farewell Snake.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Merged wheres_warren's Eurogamer review thread into Opti's thread. One active MGS 4 thread is sufficient, especially since Opti's has already moved onto the topic of reviews.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom