smile son, your in the marines now D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats right, i passed my second interview, i just need to pass the physical exam, and i can rejoin the royal marines and enter physical training :yes:

physical exam lasts 3 days.

day 1:
0600: reveille, time to wake up, and smell teh hummas.

0745: opening address, course officer inspects our courters, and explains what manner of hell awaits us.

0845: gym test 1. the bleep test (20 meter shuttle run), followed by a minimum of 20, recommended 60 pushups in 2 minutes. 30 minimum, recommended 80 situps in 2 minutes.

1015: swimming, not essential, but its by far what i do the best, so im gonna try to kick as much ass as i can :yes:

1100: lecture on conditions and pay

1145: parade drill

1400: high obstacle, and assault course. practicing rope climbing techniques n stuff. the assault course is pretty harsh (done it before). lets hope i can still make it round =O

1540: weapons acquaint.

1715: evening meal

1900: meet the diamonds (people already in basic training).

2200: bed time D:

DAY 2!!!

0600: reveille.

0800: royal marines video, with memory games. an interview with the comander, and an inspection.

1100: 3 mile run. to be completed by ALL team members in 22.5 minutes. if one fails, all fail. clock doesnt stop till the last man crosses the line. so were gonna have to carry anyone who cant keep up D:

1400: gym test 2. this is all about teamwork for the most part, and how to deal with intense physical strain under mental pressure. a lot of upper body strength work is tested here.

1545: foundation center, a visit to the center where your first two weeks of training will be held.

1900: realities of training lecture, where they tell us how hard its gonna be.

2000: free time... ill probably have a swim, then head to bed. i think ill be knackered.

2200 bed.. lights out is 2230.

DAY 3!!!

0600: Reveille, no lay in ;_;

0800: fitness brief. the PTI's give some advice on how to train at home prior to the actual marine course.

1000: closing address: you find out if youve passed, or failed. you will be informed of any chance of a re-trail, and if you pass, are given your marine issue boots, and socks. break em in son, cos ur gonna need them ;)

1300: depart. GET TEH HELLS OUTTA HERE D:

so anyway, im just waiting for the date of my physical exam :D im feeling pretty positive :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:3 Good luck is all I can say.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good luck man. They should have a mad axe throwing devision , that seems to be your forte ;).

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
good luck dewd!

judging by your potential you will pass as a Jedi, General Masta!

Can I call you JGM?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good Luck on ur physical, if something goes wrong just throw ur axe between their eyes XD

Best answers
BE ALL YOU CAN BE, GIR!!!

*waves and cries*

I'm actually getting into that, too, in a couple of years... I think I can do most of that... Cept for the 3 mile run o_o *crawls into a corner and curls up into a fetal position to begin sucking his thumb* 0600 is baaaad... bad bad bad....

Good luck. If you put as much effort into it as you do your guitar and your modelling, you'll be a general in 5 years fo sho!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
BE ALL YOU CAN BE, GIR!!!

*waves and cries*

I'm actually getting into that, too, in a couple of years... I think I can do most of that... Cept for the 3 mile run o_o *crawls into a corner and curls up into a fetal position to begin sucking his thumb* 0600 is baaaad... bad bad bad....

Good luck. If you put as much effort into it as you do your guitar and your modelling, you'll be a general in 5 years fo sho!

yeah, the wakeup time is gonna kill me =/

3 miles isnt too bad dude. just do it at a steady pace, and get faster each day :yes:
drink lots of water. when you get hungry for a snack during the day, drink a glass or two of water instead. that actually helps you lose weight, and it stops you feeling hungry. its good for muscle rebuild too.
when i go for a run, before i go, i drink as much water as it takes me to stop feeling thirsty. then i will drink 2 glasses extra. so im fully hydrated.

it gets easyer :) i can do 3 miles in 21 minutes. im aiming to cut that down to 18 minutes. either by getting faster. or just by running longer distances. like 8 miles.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just hate the shuttle run...we have to do that at school every year and i REALLY suck at it...most of the times im one of the first to quit that damn shuttle run >.> always get pain in my stumach from it somehow =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe, yeah, shuttle run = lose.... i need to find somewhere that i can get a cd of that, so i can practice it =/

Best answers
Good luck dude. Hopefully you won't need it though :p

Best answers
I was sure they had a Battle Of The Bands during training. Huh.

You'd totally win that.

Best answers
Oh the BEEP test. Yeah I did that... Not for football though ._. For gym... Weird....

What do you have to get for that, Gir?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I've done it for gym too, usually twice a (school)year. It frikking blows.

Best answers
"Blessed sleep... and more pee runs"

... Yep, that's the life for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good Luck man, Hope you do it. Really do.

Best answers
Good luck out there... and big thing to remember: If you go into Iraq... well I think you get a clear vivid image of it... if you dont well... thank god you aren't in my shoes >< (No I am not in war my cuz is... worried as hell and he sent as some of the good and bad of Iraq.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom