Small weather teaser

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
So, after a long time, i managed to make a small vid. It's pure without logos and all, since some of you just wanted to see the weather system in action.
As allways it's wip, but well lookey here

[video=youtube;WQ8C3PEbcaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ8C3PEbcaA[/video]

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
It looks very nice:)

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wow I really like how you created those clouds out of thin air. Great job on all that and the fog(really makes it).
Although I do have the feeling the lighting is still a bit too intense which such a dark weather, it does cover up the sun neatly.
Is the snow made of particles, or how did you create them?

Best answers
What the F*** This is still HL engine not Frostbite 3 ? this looks even better than levelution in Bf4 great job hope this game will run on my pc xD

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Looks very good but does it affect fps much ? looks demanding graphic wise.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Yeah it might seem that it's still to bright, but that's not the lighting itself. It's the auto-adaption of the HDR-tonemapper. Means whenever the screen gets to dark, the game tries to brighten it up, same as your eyes would do it. Might need some finetuning on the level where it adapts to.
Atm the clouds itself are the heavy part, but then those are the high-quality clouds(the low quality ones are allmost 5times as fast) and yet not fully optimised, still every map runs at 60+ fps with max settings.
Yep the snow is made up of particles, think the system uses around 350k particles max, rain a bit less

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
meh its still hl1, should run fine on most pcs, looks good

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Just for your information, you need HL1 to run ESF, but the engine is not HL anymore, it's a custom one

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Just for your information, you need HL1 to run ESF, but the engine is not HL anymore, it's a custom one
oh ok, cool i didnt know that, so it basically just needs some files from hl1 to start and using a custom engine, thats nice, has lots of potential, so there is no more hl1 model limit, 256 models or something was it?

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
We don't use that much HL-style models, means mdl files. But no we don't rly have that limit anymore, since we have to load mdl files ourself due to some file format changes.
The core structure is still HL, but the sound-engine,render-engine and physic-engine are not HL anymore , so yeah we use HL only for network, some file loading and main menus

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
what format are the models if I might ask :) ?

similar to nnk?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The character models are still .mdl format. We just had to write our own compiler to get rid of some limitations.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
what sort of system specs would you need to run the game? (minimum)

Nice job :D Clouds look sexy as hell ;)
It does seem a bit bright though

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I just wanted to stop and take the time to say that....Ryokeen...I F***ing love you. And to the rest of the team , I wanna say thank you for taking the countless hours out of your lives to work on this mod. You guys are THE best. And no one thanks the team enough.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Thank you guys for your dedication to this mod and love for dbz :D

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
whoa thats some awesome stuff :-D Very nice job, the clouds forming look amazing!

Best answers
So, after a long time, i managed to make a small vid. It's pure without logos and all, since some of you just wanted to see the weather system in action.
As allways it's wip, but well lookey here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ8C3PEbcaA
Damn that looks AWESOME you guys are really making this mod shine, i love that weather system already and its not even finnish't :p keep up the GREAT work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom